NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

When i place my wii in standby with the wiimote, the light on my wii stays the same colour and dosent change colour :( anyone had this?

It should go orange if you turn it off by the controller, and red if you turn it off at the console. It should be green when on.

When I ran smash bros on my Wii I swear it looked a lot better than it does running on my cube. There were no stretch lines etc.

60Hz also looks bad on my tv. It's blurrier than 50. So its been kept on that.

The image is blurrier because even nintendo don't (or at least with cube they didn't) officially support 60Hz on composite cable.

If someone wants to know what the 60Hz mode on composite (on cube) looks like compared to 50Hz click here It's the 5th post.

It will go orange when you have Wiiconnet24 on.

If you dont have this on it'll have a red light.

It's not different when you turn it off by the console or by the remote.

Ah crap. I thought Nintendo only did that with the cube. Ah well, RGB Scart it is then.

This is probably a stupid question but are all tvs with a scart socket rgb scart compatible?

RGB Scart is as good or better than S-Video anyway.

No, most TVs with a scart input nowadays support RGB, but some don't. Check your TV manual or the back of your TV. Also, about TVs with more than one scart input: usually only one of the inputs supports RGB.

Does anyone have any good settings for samsung tv's with component cable?

I have it on standard with sharpness on 30 atthe moment.

Thanks

I'll tell you as soon as i get the cables, but for gamecube with scart RGB i lowered the sharpness to something around 10. I use it on standard too.

so all of the wii games are in 800x600?

720x480

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Common_Video_Resolutions.svg

It will go orange when you have Wiiconnet24 on.

If you dont have this on it'll have a red light.

It's not different when you turn it off by the console or by the remote.

It goes red if I have wiiconnect24 on and turn it off by the console.

My Wii has developed a problem with the picture. When you turn it on every thing is dark and distorted. I have not made any changes to the resolution settings but it is set up for 50Hz. Anyone any ideas how to fix this or does it need to go back to Nintendo.

I connected the wii through my dvd recorder. The colour is much better but there is still some distortion.

My Wii has developed a problem with the picture. When you turn it on every thing is dark and distorted. I have not made any changes to the resolution settings but it is set up for 50Hz. Anyone any ideas how to fix this or does it need to go back to Nintendo.

Set the wii to 50Hz in the options, and if that doesn't work, mess around with the cables. That usually solves everything.

It had been set at 50Hz from Christmas Morning. I have confirmed the setting even moved it to 60Hz and then back to 50Hz. There is not alot more messing around with the cables I can do.

well I finally got my wii online... the funny thing is that it updated alright.. then it said that it was going to update a channel.. and I promtly got the 51330 error.. and have gotten it ever since.. just funny that the update seems to have triggered it

Well, I managed to get online. Unfortunatly when I put my WEP key back up I couldn't connect anything to the internet, so it's off at the moment.

To get it working I changed the "Channel" of my router from 6 to 1. I kept on getting errors before but now it works fine. Give it a go Librarian.

yes well I havent given up.. its just that I have NO understanding of PC's and networking and all that.. it's my flatmate who set the whole thing up.. and it has to work with all her gadgets too.. so it's going to be a bit of a puzzle.. but we'll probably get it to work... I just find it strange that the first update gave me no problems what so ever

It goes red if I have wiiconnect24 on and turn it off by the console.

I just tested it now and it stays orange when I turned it on and off by the console itself.

If the light goes red then it's not connected to the internet. Mine does it occasionaly and I need to turn the Wii on again before it will connect again. :hmm:

Can I use my Sony Vaio as a means of getting a Wii online? It has Wireless LAN that activates and de-activates at the touch of a button, so if I turn it on and go to my Wii, will it "pick it up"?

What I mean to say is that I don't have a USB dongle, and perhaps the Wii can just connect to my laptop and use the internet from it.

just one question.. ive had problems with the wireless connection.. last night i tried again and suddently i worked and it updated the weather channel.. then i tried the shopping channel but got error codes again .. 209600 and 051330.. but when I turned it off the light stayed orange.. now this morning the blue light (yes the famous blue light) startede pulsing on and off... does that mean it's updating something on it's own?.. i hadnt time to check as I had to leave for work

I got this solved, luckily but it had me worried for a while.

Last night when I was saving and returning to the Wii Main Menu before I would have turned it off... the thing stopped reading the controller! It just happened instantly and Id no clue what to do. I changed the batteries, I tried resynching it... I reset the machine and everything. Yet there was no pointer coming up on the screen, urgh.

In the end as a last resort, I pulled the plug on the Wii and then powered it up again. Somehow it was all systems go once again.

So do tell, what happened that caused this "there one minute, gone the next" bother I had with the 'mote?! ::shrug:

just one question.. ive had problems with the wireless connection.. last night i tried again and suddently i worked and it updated the weather channel.. then i tried the shopping channel but got error codes again .. 209600 and 051330.. but when I turned it off the light stayed orange.. now this morning the blue light (yes the famous blue light) startede pulsing on and off... does that mean it's updating something on it's own?.. i hadnt time to check as I had to leave for work

Check the message board. You have an email.

Can I use my Sony Vaio as a means of getting a Wii online? It has Wireless LAN that activates and de-activates at the touch of a button, so if I turn it on and go to my Wii, will it "pick it up"?

What I mean to say is that I don't have a USB dongle, and perhaps the Wii can just connect to my laptop and use the internet from it.

Filling up post space here.

well finally got it to work.. and the thing I did was to move my Wii down a few rooms right next to the wireless router... good that I fixed that, but bad that I can't leave it here.. so i will have to get the Lan adapter when it comes out... sigh...

Does anyone here have faint scratches on their Wii? I got about two. It doesn't really bother me since it's located in a not very lighted area..

Does anyone here have faint scratches on their Wii? I got about two. It doesn't really bother me since it's located in a not very lighted area..

I've got a kind of rubbery mark along the side of mine. You can only see it when the light shines on it though, and it isn't exactly a scratch.

I would suggest trying to get your hands on an official cable, they seem to be more readily available at the moment. Even if you can't get one right now I suggest waiting till you can - there's no substitute!