NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Yeah the controller lights indicate the power of the batteries in the remote, so 3 lights flashing on your controller means it's got around 75% strength left.

As far as I know, the thicker wrist strap came with the remote in the Wii Play package.

And about the battery covers, I haven't noticed any difference. What have you noticed?

As of Christmas morning, I am new to this whole ED nonsense, so could anyone help with my choice of component cables.

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11474&mid=329915

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-International-Component-Cable-Wii/dp/B000LCSRZM/sr=8-2/qid=1167344760/ref=pd_ka_2/203-3295945-5743147?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fanatec-Premium-Component-Cable-Wii/dp/B000LFS9KM/ref=pd_sbs_vg_h__1/203-3295945-5743147

Or any other you may know of. Is it worth waiting for the official cables? Why are the Fanatec cables described as "premium"?

Also, when my Wii is hooked up to my tv (32", 720p capable) in 60Hz the display is much worse ('lines'/'scrapes' in the display) than in 50Hz, while on my old tv I didn't notice the difference between the two. Does anyone know why? Will the component cables sort this out?

Cheers, Breandán.

60hz looks plain awful on the SDTV i currently use (28" Widescreen) so i stick with 50hz.

As for HD? It should look good on even a TV that good. 480p is far nicer than any of the interlaced stuff. Two other things. 1, if you can get the offical Nintendo cables apparently they're the best and 2, those premium cables look gold plated to increase conduction but you really wouldn't see a big jump.

Ones more sterdy, having slight structual differences. However, i might be dillusional :shock:

I got a problem with me wiimotes. Went to a mates and when i got back and used my Wii, the controller i use, the one with the thick strap, is no longer registered as player one, but player two. How do i change the remote/player order around? Ive tried unsyncing them and syncing them again, but it did not to work, it always seems to remember which one synced first when i got back.

Thanks, Tobi

Anybody else can't access the internet and forcast channels right now? For some reason, I can do a successful connection test, get on the shop channel, but not on the internet or forecast. "Unable to Connect to the Internet". Well, you just did you stupid machine. You were on the shop chan 10seconds ago.

Hey guys, anyone here with component cables able to play Donkey Kong Country? I downloaded it on VC when I was using the included composite cables, but now when I try to play the game after hooking up my component cables, it says 'mode not supported' and the screen goes black. I deleted my save file and tried again, but still no luck. It will be really annoying if I have to switch my cables just to play some VC games and then switch back to play Wii games.

Ones more sterdy, having slight structual differences. However, i might be dillusional :shock:

I got a problem with me wiimotes. Went to a mates and when i got back and used my Wii, the controller i use, the one with the thick strap, is no longer registered as player one, but player two. How do i change the remote/player order around? Ive tried unsyncing them and syncing them again, but it did not to work, it always seems to remember which one synced first when i got back.

Thanks, Tobi

Can't you just pick up the other controller and use that instead? As far as I know I play with a different controller every time and it works as number one as thats the one I first pressed A on...

Quick question in need of quick answer:

The Japanese official Wii component cables are fully compatible with the European Wiis?

I think they are but just to be sure. If they are compatible, is there any reason i should not import from here?

I've looked everywhere for an S-Video cable to no avail, can anyone point me in the right direction? I was considering RGB SCART but how can I tell if my TV is compatible?

Thanks in advance.

50Hz on the Composite cable looks really really really good on my 40" HD TV (better than my Cube running on Composite and many of you know how good that looks). Almost component quality really, Even Cube games look better. I'ld be happy if it stuck like this for ever. My TV is really good at scaling from bad sources. However 60hz mode on it looks terrible so I have begun to question whether 480p will look as good as 50hz 576i does

50Hz on the Composite cable looks really really really good on my 40" HD TV (better than my Cube running on Composite and many of you know how good that looks). Almost component quality really, Even Cube games look better. I'ld be happy if it stuck like this for ever. My TV is really good at scaling from bad sources. However 60hz mode on it looks terrible so I have begun to question whether 480p will look as good as 50hz 576i does

When I ran smash bros on my Wii I swear it looked a lot better than it does running on my cube. There were no stretch lines etc.

60Hz also looks bad on my tv. It's blurrier than 50. So its been kept on that.

I was in GAME yesterday and I didnt get their component cables. I dont know why! I just asked them if they had the official ones. Damn, should have gotten them.

Wow, i tried that out and you were right. 50hz looks much better on my HDTV than 60hz. Weird... But not as good as it should look with progressive scan so i ordered the japanese cables from play-asia and after 12h they have already shipped the cables to me? That was fast!

It turns out I have a defect Wii (black screen when trying to start channels, discs not recognized) and I'll have to replace it.

Does anyone have any experience with the replacement/repair policy of Nintendo Benelux? I can't contact them now because of the holidays, but I suppose I'll have to call them, ask for a replacement and send my defect Wii to them. If anyone has had any experience with sending defect consoles to Nintendo (Benelux) and could enlight me on this matter, I'd appreciate it very much.

i ordered the japanese cables from play-asia
Same here.

NoE blatantly aren't in any kind of hurry to get component out in Europe so fuck em'! I contacted them a few days ago and they said they didn't even know when they'll get them. :indeed:

Gameplay meanwhile were predicting mid to late January, but all going well with Play-Asia I'll have some by next week and it's only a couple of quid extra.

But really, it makes sense that it looks better in 576i (50hz) than 480i (60hz)

The Wii is already at a bigger resolution so the scaling required is lower and thus it looks better. Just need a TV with a good scaler and my Samsung TV does it beautifully

In the style of Elite Beat Agents = HEEEEEELP!!

I can't download the Wii Browser, I keep receiving the Error Code: 204038 saying to try again in a moment, but I've been trying for two days now!

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know what it is?

My official cables got shipped from P-A today, but I seriously recommend the Gameplay cables as they look fine to me if you don't import otherwise.

All in all I save a cool fiver importing them rather than waiting forever for the officials to come out in Europe

When i place my wii in standby with the wiimote, the light on my wii stays the same colour and dosent change colour :( anyone had this?

I've looked everywhere for an S-Video cable to no avail, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Just to let you know that PAL Wii's have S-Video disabled. If you've got an import console, then play-asia sell them for about £15.

Just to let you know that PAL Wii's have S-Video disabled. If you've got an import console, then play-asia sell them for about £15.

Ah crap. I thought Nintendo only did that with the cube. Ah well, RGB Scart it is then.

This is probably a stupid question but are all tvs with a scart socket rgb scart compatible?

Does anyone have any good settings for samsung tv's with component cable?

I have it on standard with sharpness on 30 atthe moment.

Thanks

When i place my wii in standby with the wiimote, the light on my wii stays the same colour and dosent change colour :( anyone had this?

that means you have a message i think?

Something thats really bugging me about the Wii remote, asking to check if this is normal. In games like baseball in Wii Sports when you hit the pitched ball, the Wii remote makes a hissing sound that lasts for almost 2 seconds and it is rather annoying. You hear if you put the Wii remote close to your ear after hitting pitched ball in Baseball and even in other games such as Golf as well. Is this normal and if so, why? Nintendo provided me with a crappy Wii remote, the nunchuck attachment slightly leans to the left, not 100% perfectly connected, same for the classic controller. The gold connector bit has a minor design issue with it, nunchuck and that remains on, just annoying that it leans ever so slightly, about 1mm out.

I've got a problem with connecting my Wii to the internet. My wireless router is all the way upstairs so I get 1 bar. I managed to connect it to the internet and successfully downloaded the first update. I then tried to connect again to get the 2nd update, I got to the download screen and it didn't download so I just turned off my Wii. After a week of playing Zelda, I decided to try again but move the wireless downstairs to get a better connection. I'm getting 3 bars but when I do connection test I get error code 51030. I can get my DS and lapto to connect. I've made sure I've got the right WEP key etc. Has my Wii's online connection been bricked or something?

edit: I've put the Wireless router back upstairs and it isn't working...