NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Is there a VGA or a S-Video cable available in the UK? I've looked online and so far can't find anything. My monitor only has VGA and S-Video so i'm kinda screwed if I can't either of these.

Is there a VGA or a S-Video cable available in the UK? I've looked online and so far can't find anything. My monitor only has VGA and S-Video so i'm kinda screwed if I can't either of these.

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too...

S-Video cable isn't available in Europe I think. Play-asia sell it though, so you could import it.

I just put my Wii into 60hz mode and it looks TERRIBLE. Can see why some people are moaning. If you are, put it in 50hz mode. Seriously it looks totally better

I'ld be content on 50hz mode and no Component really

Just realised it takes compsite as well but obivously S-Video would be better. Yes-asia have got it cheaper at £13.34 which is about £5 cheaper than off of play-asia so i'm thinking about that.

This is what my monitor has

monitorcopypr0.jpg

Am I right in thinking that the Japenese D-terminal AV Cable would work?

Aww man :(

I'll probably wait a while and if a VGA cable dosn't come out here I'll go with S-Video. Pretty disapointed about this though.

Yeh, many people are disappointed about it. Like it's been said before many times, technically it's possible for the Wii to output via VGA, just like it was with the cube.

I'm still hoping that information surfaces on a mod for the D-Terminal cable like there was with the cube. The DAC is now inside the console though, so it's not a case of just copying the same modification guide which people used with the cube and the D-Terminal then.

I have just bought a wii and I wanted to check the news and weather channal but I cant. is it still unvailable or am i doing something wrong?

It says at the bottom of the channel that you won't be able to check it until service starts. Weather comes in late December with News coming in January.

And in case you're curious, Opera Web Browser arrives on the 23rd of December.

Gameplay have sent out my RGB cable. Woohoo. Their site says that any orderes placed now could take up to 14 days, but component cables may be shipped within a week if anyone still needs them.

Fuckers, bastards, arseholes!! GAME, after me putting all my trust in their 15 Dec component release, have told me it's now 22 Dec :shakehead

Oh well.

28793666_tp.jpg

will this work with UK Wii is on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wii019-Seal-Wii-6FT-1-8M-S-Video-and-Composite-cable_W0QQitemZ280061313400QQihZ018QQcategoryZ91509QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

will S-Video give much of an improvement over composite? until theres a VGA solution this is my only real option....

Get 1 from VGA m8, Instead of waiting on UK stock

Link

Is the RGB cable worth the roughly £18 it would cost me with discount?

I used my GAME points to get £10 off, and my word is it worth it. Now I'm no AV whore, but the difference is remarkable!! And I'm only on a 28" widescreeen CRT!! Everthing is so bright and colourful!!

Buy, buy, buy!!!:grin:

My Wii just "black-screened" on me when I went back to the main menu after being on Mii channel. It just seemed to be forever loading, but didnt appear to be loading anything.

It's done this a few times.

normally happens when data is being sent and you exit at that very moment. Eg a new Mii, Wiiconnect 24, message...

My screen went black as well, but it happened when I entered a channel (e.g. started LoZ:TP, Mii channel). It stayed black until I pulled the plug out and restarted. The problem remained though when I entered a channel again.

I solved it with the help of this link: http://www.wiierror.com/wii-black-screen.php. However, today it occured again.

Do you think this is also because of data being transferred? Or is my Wii broken? :weep:

EDIT:

Tried playing my Wii again, and I'm having the same problem. There was noting wrong with it when I just got it, this problem started appearing yesterday.

I've had the black screen problem. When i load from anything mine happens then, like when I clicked paly on Wii Sports when it was in it went black and wouldnt load. I had to unplug it from the mains. Seems to work fine now though.

I used my GAME points to get £10 off, and my word is it worth it. Now I'm no AV whore, but the difference is remarkable!! And I'm only on a 28" widescreeen CRT!! Everthing is so bright and colourful!!

Can you please tell me if it has an AV block?

I've noticed an interesting problem with my Wii:

I just bought a GAMEware Component cable and it works amazingly well in all my Wii and Gamecube games, but for some reason now my Virtual Console games won't play. I click on DKC for example, and the screen just goes blank and the channel number comes up on my TV, as if there is no signal. Then when I press the Home button the screen comes back and I can see the game in the background, but when I press it again to get out of the menu, the screen goes blank again.

Also whenever I try to play a VC game the Wii seems to take itself out of 480p and leave itself into 60Hz 480i, even although it's a PAL Wii which should run at 50Hz I thought.

Any Ideas?

Hmm I got £12.50 on my card (dunno where from), maybe...

Get 1 from VGA m8, Instead of waiting on UK stock

Link

thats not the same one, thats a component cable, i need an s-video cable.

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11371&mid=329915

Game had some of these in stock... in my local Game that is.. dunno what there like because im still waiting on the Madcatz ones i orderd the other day.

I bought one of those today, definitely a good buy in my opinion. Works in 480p and looks amazing, but even when playing Gamecube games in 480i it's a definite improvement in colour and quality.

EDIT: And incase anyone was wondering, turns out you do actually plug the audio cables into the Composite audio-in on my TV, seems odd but it works fine, just a shame I can't plug anything Composite in now.