NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

The second update is a bitch!

Mine seemed to be updating quickly but then stopped for about 45 minutes with a tiny bit left so I restarted it (turned the Wii off and on again) and it stalled a the start so tried it a third time and it finally updated! Although I'm not sure how long it took cause I fell a sleep and when I woke up it was down (couple of hours though is very possible)!

Is anyone else having a problem connected to the shop channel? I managed to connect once but the rest of the time it just comes up with an error message. Dunno whether it's a problem at my end (when I test the connection its fine) or because too many people are trying to access it and the servers are jammed?!

Im having this problem. Is your connection on 2/3?

When I have wii close to router and the signal is 3/3 strength I always connect when its on 2/3 I never do:hmm: .

Hopefully servers... I can send people messages just god dam shop....

Yeah I think when I set it up it was on 2/3!

My guess is that it'll settle down in a couple of days (at least thats what I hope anyway)!

OK, the horrible noises followed by long loading times and a disc error happened again. Both times it was Wii sports, both times taking the disc out and putting it back in again solved it. It's like it didn't take the disc properly or something.

SHIT! Still getting errors and it still usually makes a horrible noise when accessing the disc :( Onto Nintendo support tomorrow. I've got 3 Wiis and the only one I can use is borked!

Okay guys, I've been having this problem as well with every single disc I have. Occasionally (about 1 in 3 times at the mo) when I put a disc in the drive it will make funny clicking noises as if the disc was skipping.

Every time it happens I solve it by taking the disc out as soon as I start hearing the ticking sounds, and immediately put it back in again. The disc will 'tick' once, and load perfectly. Every time. An incredible nuisance, and I think it's something do with having the Wii standing up instead of laying flat, but there's no excuse Nintendo.

It's solveable and just mildly irritating, but it's still a problem that shouldn't be there.

Why does red steel have black borders in 4:3 mode.

I can't see any borders, and I've got a tiny crap TV. You may need to adjust your Wii Settings, accessed from the main Home page. Have you set your TV to 60Hz, as apparently Nintendo still believe that 60Hz is a rarity when actually it's 50Hz that's rare now?

Actually I've got a question now: has anyone had the hideous Wii Destroying Error Messages that some US gamers got with a Firmware update? Because I'm not going to connect my Wii to the Net until I'm absolutely sure that my Wii isn't going to be killed!

This seems strange but my tv is currently used as my pc monitor, it also has pip.

I was talking to someone on messenger and playing Wii Sports at the same time earlier and I noticed that the image looked a lot better when it was being displayed as this pip! I then tested it out with Zelda and the difference is as clear as night and day! This got me thinking, does it look better simply because its being displayed at a higher resolution and if so then can you get a vga box of some sort that takes composite inputs and outputs to vga (so the resolution is higher)!

Anyone who has an lcd/hdtv and could plug a pc in and use pip to see the difference themselves should do, because it looks soooo much better, i just wish i could make it fill the whole screen!

OK, strange problem:

When setting up my Wii's internet, I selected Nintendo USB connector, and it correctly detects when I've given my Wii permission (which means the Wii and USB Connector are communicating properly.

However, when it tests the connection it comes up with the error code 51340.

Anyone got any ideas how to solve this?

edit: My DS Lite connects to the USB Connector just fine.

OK, strange problem:

When setting up my Wii's internet, I selected Nintendo USB connector, and it correctly detects when I've given my Wii permission (which means the Wii and USB Connector are communicating properly.

However, when it tests the connection it comes up with the error code 51340.

Anyone got any ideas how to solve this?

edit: My DS Lite connects to the USB Connector just fine.

I got that the first time, using a wireless router. It worked the second time, but I don't think it's because of your dongle.

when does the blue light come on the loading tray? mine flashes on and off when i turn the wii on and thats it!

When it gets something new through WiiConnect24, pretty much just email at the moment. If you wanna force it yourself, email yourself from your wii, then you need to reply to that email from the computer, then you can email the wii. If it recieves the email whilst on standby and in WiiConnect24 mode, it should start to glow blue. It didn't glow a few times I tried it, and even if you don't read the message, if you turn your wii on I think the disc glow is gone(won't come back after you switch it off)

Tingler, you sure you've got it on its side properly? It's not at any funny angles or anything? It's sitting in the stand properly? I shouldn't have thought it'd be as much of an issue with it being a slot loading drive, but meh.

Can you connect the Wii to the internet via a usb cable, I cant remeber where the code to wirelessly conect to my router is....

The dongle isnt comaptible with my crap NETOPIA router either....

As far as I'm aware you cannot connect it using any sort of USB cable, must use the USB to ethernet adapter and an ethernet cable.

Second, can't you just access the router from a wired computer and get the passkey?

I got that the first time, using a wireless router. It worked the second time, but I don't think it's because of your dongle.

Randomly worked around the 7th time. (I did move the dongle further away..for some odd reason it must not like the dongle located right next to it)

What's all this update shizzle? Is it crucial?

thats what im wondering as i wont be able to go online with my Wii when christmas comes due to me being completely broke and not owning a dongle or a router. (im feeling alot better now that i know a family member has the Wii in their house for me :grin:)

Im having this problem. Is your connection on 2/3?

When I have wii close to router and the signal is 3/3 strength I always connect when its on 2/3 I never do:hmm: .

Hopefully servers... I can send people messages just god dam shop....

My connection is always on 2/3 with no problems connecting:hmm:

Anyone tried playing a Cube game? And is it supposed to make more noise than a Wii game? The sound resembles that of a harddisk in action, but louder:hmm:

Every time it happens I solve it by taking the disc out as soon as I start hearing the ticking sounds, and immediately put it back in again. The disc will 'tick' once, and load perfectly. Every time. An incredible nuisance, and I think it's something do with having the Wii standing up instead of laying flat, but there's no excuse Nintendo.

It's solveable and just mildly irritating, but it's still a problem that shouldn't be there.

It happens less for me when it's flat I noticed. Still annoying tho, once you hear the click*whirrrr*click*whirrrrr* of death the game is unplayable until you take it out and put it back in again (It's OK saying ignore the noises, but they're accompanied by loading times of about 20 seconds between, say, the Wiimote, Sega and monkey Ball title screen and then usually a disc error if you keep trying to play).

It's almost like the disc doesn't settle into the right place when it goes in. Hopefully it'll settle down - if I returned it to Nintendo do you reckon they could send me another (or at least repair mine) straight away, or would I have to wait ages until there were huge shortages?

Fingers crossed it's gonna be OK, had a great time playing Wii Sports last night with 4 mates.

When are the noises mate?

And also when do you get the error messages and where are the loading times bad?

The noises are pretty much constant, even when you're just sitting on the Wii menu. Any time it needs to load something, even stuff that's usually instantanious like the sega screen on monkey ball you get a black screen for ages. Then sometimes the music will start (still black screen) then stop and you'll get a disc error. If the disc goes in and doesn't start making the loud noise straight away, the game plays fine.

I spent 10 minutes putting the disc in the wrong way (like the PS2) and then realised it wasn't broken. Har hardey har.

The slot drive is very smooth, smoother than my iBook tbh. It has a little noise when reading the disc and you can here the motor when accepting the disc (very firm by the way, a good sign)

It's not the best slot loading disc drive ever.. but it's not far from it.

Yeah I fixed my sensor bar range problem.. Christmas lights properly fuck it up. Just turn them off like.

Only had about 1 minute's go on it, but when I rotate the remote (like turning a door handle) the pointer sort of jumps around a bit. Is that normal?

Dunno if its 'normal'.....but the action is nice and smooth on my setup. I can rotate the remote 360º and the pointer rotates with it smoothly, no jittering or jumping.

As for the noise issue, I havent noticed any whirring or clicking either...the device is a lot quieter than my GC in all honesty.

Maybe the thing is about to blow up.

For everyone asking about the update, as far as I know the first update activates the SD Card management, and the second one activates Parental COntrol and fixes the Wii Shop internet hack.

I'm having a wee problem with my Wii (pun not intended), its related with the Nintendo Wifi dongle. It's not connecting to it, even though it's fully installed, and it reconises it, and starts to connect, but then, it just goes off.

I'm using a satelite connection which goes at around 256kbs.

Forgot to say, it did once work, but it disconnected not long after it started updating it's firmware.

I am selling a component on ebay, one went for £50, sweet.

Makes the queueing up at midnight in the cold worht it now.

I'm having a wee problem with my Wii (pun not intended), its related with the Nintendo Wifi dongle. It's not connecting to it, even though it's fully installed, and it reconises it, and starts to connect, but then, it just goes off.

I'm using a satelite connection which goes at around 256kbs.

Forgot to say, it did once work, but it disconnected not long after it started updating it's firmware.

What firewall you got? I have Zone Alarm and you have to shut it down for the wifi to work. Though looking at the status atm, it says the RamarZord (my Wii) is on Wiiconnect24.. and Zone alarm is up. But definitely for connecting zone alarm needs to be shut down.

What firewall you got? I have Zone Alarm and you have to shut it down for the wifi to work. Though looking at the status atm, it says the RamarZord (my Wii) is on Wiiconnect24.. and Zone alarm is up. But definitely for connecting zone alarm needs to be shut down.
I don't have a fire wall. I keep my computer protected enough (regular virus and spyware scans) not to need a firewall, plus, firewalls slowed down my computer.

Ok, so its taken me 2 days but I've finally managed to get onto Wifi.

For a while I was playing error code bingo! It's like treasure hunt getting to the route of the problem.

What I will say is that my Wii doesnt seem to like my particular router, an Actiontec.

Anyway, long story short...anyone have a prob with Actiontec Wireless Router gimme a shout.

Laters

Don't know if anyone else is getting this but when i play COD 3 i'm on the second level and for no reason I can think of the sensor will stop recieving any information and my guy will just run blindly forward while all actions are locked up and the view is fixed.

I've tried reconnecting, resyncing, different distances, different wiimotes, different sensitivites and yes the batteries are full.

so. Help?

EDIT:

Ps does anybody know a list of things that can interfere with the wiimote signal? Phones, objects, anything?

Can someone please help me?! I'm trying to get this problem solved before midnight, since that's when I have to turn off this computer... PLEASE!