NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

when does the blue light come on the loading tray? mine flashes on and off when i turn the wii on and thats it!

Hmm....it seems that my Wii makes some kind of ticking sound whenever I insert a Cube disc. That isn't normal right?:(

How long does it take for the Wii to update? It updated once, which took about 20 mins. Then it restarted and began updating again, this looks to be taking the same length of time. Argh! Hurry up.

I have a large broadband connection too.

Can you connect the Wii to the internet via a usb cable, I cant remeber where the code to wirelessly conect to my router is....

The dongle isnt comaptible with my crap NETOPIA router either....

can you connect the wii to the internet using a usb cable

OK, the horrible noises followed by long loading times and a disc error happened again. Both times it was Wii sports, both times taking the disc out and putting it back in again solved it. It's like it didn't take the disc properly or something.

SHIT! Still getting errors and it still usually makes a horrible noise when accessing the disc :( Onto Nintendo support tomorrow. I've got 3 Wiis and the only one I can use is borked!

I got an email from GAME Online saying that the launch date is pushed back to the 15th - that's not bad I suppose, just another week.

when does the blue light come on the loading tray? mine flashes on and off when i turn the wii on and thats it!

Yeah, I wonder about that too! I want that sexy light! >_<

So. I have something to ask you all about:

When in the Wii Channels, the xylophoneish music is playing, great, however, there is also this irritating "wrrrrr"-noise in the background. Like, the sound doesn't get clear through. Only in Wii Channels does this occur. Very weird. Maybe it's my TV?

this isn't a wii tech question, just a Zelda question: "how do i get out of the damn cage when Link first enters the Twilight Realm"?

Here's the answer:

Even although you don't have your sword you can still shake the controller as if you do to make Link attack. Just go over to the wooden thing at the right and of the bars and attack it, then dig in that spot.

:grin:

hiya peeps even tho i aint got one yet i was just wondering i know you have to make a console name and a mii name i was wondering if when you go online which name was used your console name or mii name thanx for the reply

I really see nothing wrong with composite on my HDTV! Ive only played Wii sports and Play for now, but they look really great!

If im getting this with one of the worst cables, i cant wait to get component.

I have a question which will decide whether I get a wii or not:

I play my games on a portable tv in my bedroom and the remote in my hands would be within 3 feet of it. Can I place the sensor bar behind and above the tv to make it more than 3 feet away so long as the remote can see it? Or does it have to be exactly on top of the tv?

thanks

There's an article about the difference between the cables on gamespot. It seems to be a massive improvement on Zelda at least. From the images I've seen comparing them Component seems less blurry, more colourful and bright.

Hey, this may have been answered somewhere in the vast amount of pages, but how much difference is there between RGB cables and Component on the wii? The reason i ask is, i want a new tv for my bedroom (19") i've narrowed it down to:

http://play.com/Electronics/Electronics/HP/3-/2168816/Samsung_19_LE19R71WX_XEU_LCD_TV/Product.html#

And

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5291883.htm

Number 2 has component but number 1 doesn't. However number 1 s alot sexier and matches my Wii... Could someone help me decide

I thought there was something wrong with mine because it only comes on for about a second then it turns off again. It's just quick flash on then off. What's the point?

The light comes on when something new has happened to your Wii.

Example: You have a new message. Or, someone has sent you a Mii. There's probably other things, too.

Mine has been on several times in the last hour. It's beautiful!

Composite is standard, might invest in a RGB later.

Why is there no 576p @ 60hz? I thought this was like gonna be supported.

We only get 480p @ 50hz

or 576i @ 60hz.

Please explain which am best.

I'm barely getting 2 metres range, having to sit upright on the couch and hold my arm out vertically so it is like 4 feet away from the sensor.

I've tried it above and below with various sensitivities and resyncing.

It was great out the box.. was laying on the floor and it all worked great for me. Now I've played Wii Sports for a few hours it seems to have gone tits up.

Hey, this may have been answered somewhere in the vast amount of pages, but how much difference is there between RGB cables and Component on the wii? The reason i ask is, i want a new tv for my bedroom (19") i've narrowed it down to:

http://play.com/Electronics/Electronics/HP/3-/2168816/Samsung_19_LE19R71WX_XEU_LCD_TV/Product.html#

And

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5291883.htm

Number 2 has component but number 1 doesn't. However number 1 s alot sexier and matches my Wii... Could someone help me decide

I have the 2nd tv on your list:bouncy: Its really is great! Only slightly bad thing is the screen ratio which is 16:10 .

Get it great price for a great peice of kit.

I think it might be the Christmas lights, the Wiimote is picking them up.. and I saw in the JP manual there was a tree.

How long does it take for the Wii to update? It updated once, which took about 20 mins. Then it restarted and began updating again, this looks to be taking the same length of time. Argh! Hurry up.

I have a large broadband connection too.

Anyone also having this problem???!

Mine is now on the second update and it's taking FOREVER!

Mimternet - did yours go OK after the 2nd update? I don't know how much... longer....... I can... st...ay.......awak...e......

:wink:

Anyone also having this problem???!

Mine is now on the second update and it's taking FOREVER!

Mimternet - did yours go OK after the 2nd update? I don't know how much... longer....... I can... st...ay.......awak...e......

:wink:

The second update is a bitch!

Mine seemed to be updating quickly but then stopped for about 45 minutes with a tiny bit left so I restarted it (turned the Wii off and on again) and it stalled a the start so tried it a third time and it finally updated! Although I'm not sure how long it took cause I fell a sleep and when I woke up it was down (couple of hours though is very possible)!

Is anyone else having a problem connected to the shop channel? I managed to connect once but the rest of the time it just comes up with an error message. Dunno whether it's a problem at my end (when I test the connection its fine) or because too many people are trying to access it and the servers are jammed?!

can you connect the wii to the internet using a usb cable

Thats what Im asking you guys, why isnt there one supplied!!

:(:(