NEurope

Notice how Matt's name was spelt wrong as well. xD

But yeah, they got a Thank-You mention (along with the developers children's, partners and dogs) for being the first ones to "announce" The Conduit on their site.

The price drop commences!

The Conduit is £22.80 on Amazon UK now.

Wii Speak is £9.99 on Play.com now.

So i'll be buying that today!

The price drop commences!

The Conduit is £22.80 on Amazon UK now.

Wii Speak is £9.99 on Play.com now.

So i'll be buying that today!

Awesome! I knew this would happen quickly with this title, don't think it was even in the top 40 this week in the UK charts.

Wii Speak has been £9.99 on Play for a while, I believe. Really temptings at that price, especially considering how awesome the game is online with the folk on here.

Well i've now noticed that the 22.80 copy is not from Amazon themselves and the postage is £5.00!

So I had a look on ebay, there are a lot of cheap buy it now copies. Check it out if you're interested. Just got a copy for £24.

There's an article on GameBrit about things that should be in the sequel.

Thoughts?

Art direction, inspired level design, local multiplayer. Probably a few other things.

I couldn't find the article looking on the site, you might want to post a link.

Thinks I want in the sequel:

Full Game Engine Cutscenes to advance the story, but not that long.

More uses for the ASE

Some choices in how to advance through the game

More open levels

More secrets

More Multiplayer Maps

Local Multiplayer

More stable online

Better General Design

Better Art

What I don't want:

Vehicles and mounted weapons in multiplayer (unless they make the multiplayer maps HUGE).

A Sniper Rifle (Unless they make the multiplayer maps bigger)

I think my main want for a sequel would be for them to open up the levels more. The gameplay just felt claustrophobic going through all those corridors and even when you got into the street levels, it was still the same. I'm not saying for them to completely rip on it but look at what Bungie managed with Halo Combat Evolved and gives us at least one level that had the same scope as some of the levels there, like the first level on the Halo. That's my main want but I'm doubting we'll see something in that vain.

Say what you will about the Halo franchise but High Voltage Software could learn a few things from the first Halo's single player that would improve The Conduit's experience, and even the subsequent Halos because while they may have dwindled in quality towards the end, they still packed in the action. I'm not saying for them to make it like Halo, just learn from what that set out.

I have this feeling that perhaps the Quantum 3 engine is unable to do large open areas.

I think my main want for a sequel would be for them to open up the levels more. The gameplay just felt claustrophobic going through all those corridors and even when you got into the street levels, it was still the same. I'm not saying for them to completely rip on it but look at what Bungie managed with Halo Combat Evolved and gives us at least one level that had the same scope as some of the levels there, like the first level on the Halo. That's my main want but I'm doubting we'll see something in that vain.

Say what you will about the Halo franchise but High Voltage Software could learn a few things from the first Halo's single player that would improve The Conduit's experience, and even the subsequent Halos because while they may have dwindled in quality towards the end, they still packed in the action. I'm not saying for them to make it like Halo, just learn from what that set out.

I'd love for High Voltage to rip off Halo if they could manage a multiplayer experience on the same level as Halo 3's.

I'd love for High Voltage to rip off Halo if they could manage a multiplayer experience on the same level as Halo 3's.

I think that they already have, I MUCH prefer The Conduit online to Halo 3. It's just pure fun, if basic. I just find Halo lame. CoD 4 wipes the floor with it and if you want vehicles then Battlefield 2 has yet to be bested.

Ok, so we gather a sequel is coming, but how far would it be in development? Would they even have started to think about it yet?

I'm just not sure with Nintendo's stance on online that it's possible. I've had fun with Th Conduit, in both single and multi. But I've found the lag in multi quite annoying.

What's more, I've tested Wii Speak out and it doesn't allow you talk when you're dead or on certain screens. It's not like XBOXLive where you can chat all the time.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good start, but Nintendo need to think more, when they're bringing something out that's one step behind what's already on the market it ain't going to win over people as easily.

I think that they already have, I MUCH prefer The Conduit online to Halo 3. It's just pure fun, if basic. I just find Halo lame. CoD 4 wipes the floor with it and if you want vehicles then Battlefield 2 has yet to be bested.

COD4 and 5 wipe the floor with most things in the multiplayer department!

What's more, I've tested Wii Speak out and it doesn't allow you talk when you're dead or on certain screens. It's not like XBOXLive where you can chat all the time.

I'd say this is a design choice, so you can't tell everyone what a certain player is doing and assist others while spectating.

I'd say this is a design choice, so you can't tell everyone what a certain player is doing and assist others while spectating.

Maybe so, but it does break it up and when I tested it out with my mate we found it quite annoying.

Let's kill you and see if you can still talk. :heh:

Madness. I bought WiiSpeak today for €2. That's a new one, and there are mountains of the stuff in stores at the same price. Speaks volumes on how well it's selling. :hmm:

So, guess I'll give the Conduit another online spin. ;)

Wii Speak is effing AWFUL and yet another hideous decision from Nintendo. For a company that is so bright, it can be a fucking moron sometimes....

It isnt that bad. We have played some N-E 3 vs 3s this week and the wii speak quality was fine. We communicated on tactics, who was staying back defending etc.

Maybe I've just had a bad time with it. Animal Crossing was okay; but it was only a few; but there was still loads of echo and delay.

Conduit is truly dreadful though. I'm hoping this is because of settings...

Maybe I've just had a bad time with it. Animal Crossing was okay; but it was only a few; but there was still loads of echo and delay.

I think it is the settings, I advice everyone not to leave the wii speak on the top of the tv and move to the side of you if possible. Removes some of the echo.

I think one of the other problems is that it the sound quality is so poor anyway that it's difficult to determine who's actually speaking.

Well, it can work properly if everyone communicates clearly and doesn't talk all the time. Still, that's very hard if your with 6 players.....and that's not a lot of people.

Can you imagine using it with MoH:H2 ..... IT WOULD BE CHAOS.

I'm curious as to how NINTENDO will fix this. It works with a few people, but if they ever were to create massive on-line games on their next console, a different strategy is needed.

They'll catch up, Iwata promised me that:bowdown: