NEurope

Hmm I've found some of the levels to be quite long, but I've been enjoying the single player campaign mostly. Sky fails as an ISP so I won't be doing any online gaming for the foreseeable future, unless they get their act together, but it has grown on me as I've progressed. Not much story and I agree with some reviews that at some points its a case of run and gun to stop all these re-spawning enemies.

Alot of the time tactics does have to go out the window and you just have to run in there and clear out the room. Music is pretty poor I've found and graphically, I think resi4 outshines this on some levels, but all in all I'm find it to be a good game. Perhaps just not so good when my all the fps' I've ordered arrive.

It would have worked out better back then, but its not like this is Nintendo trying to change the perception of the console.

I didn't say that. Nintendo has nothing to do with this game.

1. You can't really blame HVS or SEGA for timing.

2. But I do think Nintendo should have been paying to have more of this sort of game being developed for the system before it came out.

1. Well, no.

2. Exactly.

Either way, I don't care anymore. I have a Wii60 now, so I can play the best of both worlds (all I'm lacking is MGS4 and maybe the God of War franchise).

Disaster: Day of Crisis turned out to be a pretty average forgettable game, it seems The Conduit may suffer the same fate. Next promising Wii games I can think of is only Cursed Mountain and that japanese horror game I keep forgetting the name. And maybe the Silent Hill game, I haven't kept up with it.

SMG2 and the next Zelda, of course, are sure things. I wouldn't even mention them, but I can anticipate someone replying about it if I don't. :D

I have a feeling Red Steel 2 will not only do well, but will be a much better game than the first one.

I have a feeling Red Steel 2 will not only do well, but will be a much better game than the first one.

well it's already better to be fair ha :D

It doesn't get much worse, not that red steel 1 was abysmal or anything.

Red Steel was a 3rd party launch title that made a lot of use of a new interface, so it really didn't have much chance to be fair. This new one is looking rather amazing so far, the only thing that could bring it down by what we've seen so far is possible repetitiveness.

My copy FINALLY arrived yesterday. First impressions:

Single player: controls really well, graphics are smooth, crisp and clean and all round look nice. The missions are very old skool - you're in there on your own and it's a corridor shooter with some modern additions like rebounding health and the ability to carry only two weapons. I'm really enjoying it.

Multiplayer: Well I've only been online with it once. I wasn't impressed. It took 7 minutes for my first game to get set up and started. Very annoying. What's worse is the whole experience is massively hampered due to the fact that the lock on from the single player is still present in the multiplayer - in my humble opinion this ruins the whole point of an FPS which should be about your accuracy and shooting skills, not your ability to press a button to lock on then wildly circle and fire at your opponent.

More impressions will follow as I get further into the game.

What's worse is the whole experience is massively hampered due to the fact that the lock on from the single player is still present in the multiplayer.

You probably already know this, but the lock-on ensures the enemy stays in view, but does not lock your gun sights on the enemy, so aiming is still necessary.

It requires more skill than Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer at least.

I still haven't tried The Conduit's multiplayer mode. I'm still enjoying the single-player campaign. :D

I traded this in today, got Little King's Story instead.

Very disappointed with this game. Great controls, but the game itself was awful

You probably already know this, but the lock-on ensures the enemy stays in view, but does not lock your gun sights on the enemy, so aiming is still necessary.

btw, someone in the meetup thread says that this also shows you the health of that person. Which is nice.

btw, someone in the meetup thread says that this also shows you the health of that person. Which is nice.

Yeah it does, and although you do have to aim the gun, it still removes a lot of the skill. Very disapointing for me. I barely use it in the single player, but it's needed in the multi as if you don't use it you're at a massive disadvantage.

What adds another level utter crapness to multiplayer is the fact there is no dash button but jump is mapped to 'A', thus rather than sprinting to cover and coming out to fire a few shots, you are constantly engaging people who are jumping all over. SOOOOO annoying.

I will however persevere and see if it grows on me.

The bunny-hopping is a tad annoying, but i can't remember playing any FPS recently where someone isn't doing it.

The online multiplayer is addictive, but it is let down a lot by a few things:

- Bunny-hopping

- That blasted Wi-Fi error

- The radar - where's the fun in knowing where all of your opponents are?

What adds another level utter crapness to multiplayer is the fact there is no dash button but jump is mapped to 'A', thus rather than sprinting to cover and coming out to fire a few shots, you are constantly engaging people who are jumping all over. SOOOOO annoying.

Map it to a different button then, though I assume you're complaining more about the fact that a jump feature is present all together.

The jump is important for some parts of the maps though. I don't see the problem with bunny hopping either.

The online multiplayer is addictive, but it is let down a lot by a few things:

- Bunny-hopping

- That blasted Wi-Fi error

- The radar - where's the fun in knowing where all of your opponents are?

Do you know if you stand still for a few seconds you disappear from the radar?

BunnyHopping.jpg

Clearer?

basically jumping constantly?

fair enough... that's not THAT annoying.. I mean it's hardly to their advantage to keep doing so.

Do you know if you stand still for a few seconds you disappear from the radar?

Also if you're crouched you don't appear at all. I've had loads of fun with this and actually think it adds a layer to the game player.

Also, everyone's favourite CoD4 shows you on radar if you fire a gunshot....

I didn't know about the standing still and crouching taking you off the radar. Will have to try that out.

Good finds.

Nothing wrong with bunny hopping. It's pretty essential especially if you get stuck on a match where your weapon is basically the rocket launcher. And so by bunny hopping, you minimise the possibility to get hit as well as the ability to be killed due to the rocket hitting the scenery. Also helpful for dodging the grenades as well.

I didn't know about the standing still and crouching taking you off the radar. Will have to try that out.

Good finds.

Well it does say in the book that game with the game.

Standing still or moving slowly removes you from the radar unless you have the ASE in an ASE football game.

People seem to be taking complaints of bunny hopping as if it were complaints against jumping - the difference is massive play and 'real' CoD game (1, 2, 4) and you'll see what I mean.

The way the programmers can stop it with out removing jump is a horizontal air speed lock, which kicks in after the first landing and cuts out after a few seconds on the ground. The effect causes any jumps done straight after the first (ie attempted bunny hopping) to make you just go up and down on the spot, making you (rightfully) and easy target.

Map it to a different button then, though I assume you're complaining more about the fact that a jump feature is present all together.

Yes, I HATE BUNNY HOPING!!!

However the game has grown on me. I'm actually loving the single player, it has a really good old skool feel to it and I really like it. Ok, it's not going to redefine the genre - but it's good fun!

As for the multiplayer, that too has grown on me a bit too. Overall I think it's worth the purchase - especially if you're a Wii only gamer.