NEurope

Total People who definitely will buy the Conduit (assuming it is quality): 7

Total People who definitely will buy (or have bought) MadWorld: 3

I will definetely buy the Conduit. It looks fantastic. I haven't picked up Madworld yet, as it hasn't really grabbed me that much. I did buy HotD Overkill though and thought it was pretty good.

Total People who definitely will buy the Conduit (assuming it is quality): 8

Total People who definitely will buy (or have bought) MadWorld: 4

Total People who definitely will buy the Conduit (assuming it is quality): 9

Total People who definitely will buy (or have bought) MadWorld: 5.

Madworld is brilliant guys. Buy it.

The Conduit - 10

Madworld - 6

...I'm on my phone so I can't copy and paste and can't be bothered typing out the whole lot. Yet this probably took longer to type out, haha!

Can a mod change the title to just The Conduit? The Engine is called Quantum3, not The Conduit.

[/anal moment]

So this totally scientific experiment proves that this will do better than MadWorld. Nearly two-fold in fact.

I may have to come back to this thread one day and update it with actual sales comparisons, just to see how accurate we were!

I won't enter into the 'People who will definitely buy' argument.. but what I will say is that I still feel no desire for The Conduit but am looking forward to getting hold of MadWorld when the right time comes :heh:

I've got Madworld (yes it is brilliant :)) and will also be getting The Conduit.....so thats......

11 - The Conduit

7 - Madworld

oh the conduit WILL sell better..

1) its not black and white

2) its not cel shaded

3) its an fps..and looks like halo to the casual eye.. if you get me.

4) on-line multiplayer..

list goes on.. not saying it will be a better game but on paper.. it sure seems that way.

I certainly hope not. I've still not bought Blastworks, i've got Pikmin 2 on 24th. I'm tempted by a DSi- which the Missus also wants (although she does want the turquoise, so i could put her off). There's a shedload of bargains posted at shopto... Daughters pre-school fees. Food. Lindsey's birthday.

I'm a poor man this month!

2dkbiax.jpg

Nice box! Hopefully this will help sales.

It doesn't look like a "Wii game" box, it feels like a hardcore title. It might help give the game a good image.

We better get the same one!

i'm not too keen. Looks far too colourful in my opinion- but then if it were toned down, would it get lost in the rest of the colour on the Wii shelves?

Hopefully EB Games/Gamestop/Gamestation/GAME/ect. put a bunch of boxes of this out on the front shelf. Love the boxart.

I like the boxart as well. It's the exact thing that'll catch peoples' eyes, especially those who know nothing about it as they'll see the giant gun and go 'Ah, a decent FPS on the Wii (in comparison to what other consoles have). Count me in.'

Hopefully we find out about the online soon.

The box-art reminds me that I need to pre-order this soon.

I like the boxart as well. It's the exact thing that'll catch peoples' eyes, especially those who know nothing about it as they'll see the giant gun and go 'Ah, a decent FPS on the Wii (in comparison to what other consoles have). Count me in.'

934754_80147_front.jpg

But yes, I do like it.

That boxart somewhat reminds me of the Metroid Prime Series boxarts. Although it looks good it seems there's a bit too much going on. I really like the minimalistic ones.

One thing this game may have going against it when it comes to marketing and sales it that I have a feeling a lot of people are going to struggle to pronounce the name if they're just reading the title. It's not exactly an everyday word that's well known....like say....Halo.

the boxart looks kinda retro..

That was my first thought too, it almost looks like an NES era cover. But this is not a complaint, I'm loving the cover!

934754_80147_front.jpg

Er..., this one is actually crap. It might have a somewhat similar pose, but there's more to art than the pose. Even if I didn't know that Far Cry Vengeance is crap, that cover art would not seduce me.

One thing this game may have going against it when it comes to marketing and sales it that I have a feeling a lot of people are going to struggle to pronounce the name if they're just reading the title. It's not exactly an everyday word that's well known....like say....Halo.

Few people use the word Halo. And quite a few sparkies would use the word Conduit- perhaps they'll think its an electrictrician simulation?

Multiplayer details coming soon.

A portion of an N-Philes interview with Tony Mecca of High Voltage…

N-Philes: Could you tell us how The Conduit will utilize the Wii Speak peripheral during online play?

TM: Well we do support Wii Speak. We’re still doing a lot of testing with it right now, so I can’t give you any final answers on it. In the next couple of weeks though Sega is going to be putting together a press announcement that will reveal every single detail about multiplayer, and that Wii Speak will be in there. As it stands right now we do have it working, we are play testing with it right now, but as far as final specs on exactly what we are supporting, we’re still tweaking and finding our answer to that question as well.