NEurope

lol you are kidding right?

Even from seeing video of this in motion it still looks basic and the art direction looks like some kind of mish mash.

Then you are the only person in the world who thinks this.

And lets face it, internet videos can never quite recreate an actual TV running the game. I get the impression that you are simply trying to start an argument, Maverick.

I personally am going to listen to the industry experts who play these games for a living who say that they are some of the best graphics seen on Wii and that it is an incredible achievement.

Also: did you really just spell out sayonara phonetically? Why!?

Doc: "That's Japanese for goodbye"

Edited by Shino

The real NP review is in:

scan0001.jpg

TL;DR Summary:

AI is Crap

Story is alright

Controls are amazing

Weapons are awesome

some of the best texture work on the wii

sometimes the art is inconsistent

Online is amazing

Level design is good

Destructible environments very limited.

Wouldn't do that well on another console but compared to what's on the Wii right now...

Ending hints at a sequel

ASE underused

Edited by Emasher

A one page review? Hmpf.

Why do reviewers claim to hope for sequels, yet fail to rate the base title appropriately (ie, with overly high scores).

And how the hell is ASE underutilized?! To my mind, it's essential for unlockables and some of that "we want you to look this up on wikipedia"-stuff.

And isn't this still a bit soon-ish a review for a game that doesn't release until a month from now?

And and and... Bla bla bla... If this doesn't sell, it's because of people like mister Steve T. How I pity the fool.

Edited by Noku

8 was at the lower end of what i've been expecting- optimistically though, i thought it could shoot for a 9.

8's not a bad score, lets settle that now. 8's a good game, with some flaws.

Pretty poor review for such a hyped title, I thought it lacked the depth and explanations a title like this deserves, maybe because it's only a single page review. That might hold up in a multi-platform mag, but in Nintendo Power I was expecting 2 pages and a lot more.

8.0 is a decent score, but not really groundbreaking. I've got my preorder, which still states the 12th of June, but I thought it was the 23rd.

Truth be told, that's better than I expected. I still feel it's more of a 60/70%-er.

Guess I'll judge by myself. I've been wrong before.

I can see it getting kind of average reviews closer to its release, I'll still be buying it though providing a lot of other KNEE-ers are getting it.

Out of curiosity, those of you who are buying the Conduit, do you also have Wii Speak?

I am guessing all the people who were adamant this would "get mauled" are shallow enough to try and justify their claims with a 'mere' 8/10.

But yes, there will be many more negative reviews from elitist publications - this much was always obvious.

Out of curiosity, those of you who are buying the Conduit, do you also have Wii Speak?

I thought I would have Wii Speak by the time The Conduit was out, but I expected there to be many, many more online titles that use it by now. I still don't have it, and will probably only get it for The Conduit if loads of people use it.

I think it is wise to wait on a number of reviews to be released rather than basing anything on this one review. 8 is a fairly good score, which means that it is a good game with some flaws, which could to some prop it to a 9, and others to a 7, but either way, i reserve judgement.

I've read the whole review... where does it say anything about rubbish AI?

On the contrary, it says you need to use your environments wisely to survive on the higher difficulties...

I've read the whole review... where does it say anything about rubbish AI?

On the contrary, it says you need to use your environments wisely to survive on the higher difficulties...

First column, 'the enemy AI fails to impress.'

First column, 'the enemy AI fails to impress.'

As would my reading skills it seems...

As would my reading skills it seems...

Required major squinting tbf. :heh:

See, I'm in two minds over the review. It looks legit enough and sounds it from reading it but the thing is that surely Nintendo Power wouldn't give The Conduit, which is arguably one of the most talked about games coming to the Wii, a single page review. The magazine isn't even in the hands of subscribers yet apparently so a part of me still thinks that this is fake but a part also thinks it's real. Hmmmm....

See, I'm in two minds over the review. It looks legit enough and sounds it from reading it but the thing is that surely Nintendo Power wouldn't give The Conduit, which is arguably one of the most talked about games coming to the Wii, a single page review. The magazine isn't even in the hands of subscribers yet apparently so a part of me still thinks that this is fake but a part also thinks it's real. Hmmmm....

You see, if I were more eloquent in the early hours of the morning (and not so sleep-deprived tbh), I'd come up with that reply. Hats off to you for perfectly stating my sentiments about the review!

Any here subsribers of NP who can confirm/ deny the review with certainty?

As Daft and D_prOdigy have shown two sides to the AI argument in the same review, i'm gonna take the bad AI comments with a pinch of salt. I'm also wondering what difficulty Steve T played the game on..? seeing as High Voltage have said (admittedly themselves) that they're impressed with the quality of their AI on harder difficulties.

I don't have Wii Speak, but coming from Dudley I doubt alot of yous would understand me anyway :p

After seeing the previous scan, it will take a lot to convince me that anything on the Internet is real any more. Including this so-called 'forum' of so-called 'people'.

It's more convincing than the last one, but I reckon it's still a fake. Someone out there craves attention on a scale that only celebrities on a love island can dream of.

Controls are amazing

Weapons are awesome

Online is amazing

That will do me, probably only playthrough the 1 player game a few times.

Online is where many hours will be lost.

I bought a Wii Speak last week for this game.

Edited by lostmario

Lets face it, majority of us are getting it for the online mode alone, and that is where the game clearly shines :)

I still need to pick a Wii Speak Up.

Also, Nintendo Power never has reviews over 1 page. In fact, a review thats one page is actually a good thing.

This one seems a lot more real than the last one, and it sounds like what we were expecting rather than something a hater wrote.

The score actually seems rather decent as-well for Nintendo Power for a 3rd party game.