NEurope

Just to say that game.co.uk now have the conduit special edition. I guess everyone is getting it then.

How much MONEY is 600 loyalty points at game? Still thinking about where to pre-order

600points? Probably half a penny!

Eurogamer have hands-on impressions - and are positive without the need of crazy level hype.

Eurogamer have hands-on impressions - and are positive without the need of crazy level hype.

Where's the link!!!

I used to collect game points a LONG time ago, I had something like 3 billion, it came to about £2.57 hahah

try sneakily posting on the NE forums without anyone seeing. Then try posting on the NE forums and providing links. All of this on an N95.

Seems quite elaborate. Sure it's fake? I mean... it's terribly written, but for all I know that's just how Nintendo Power is.

• One page review
  • Wrong info about online gameplay
  • Spelling and grammer errors

Just to say that game.co.uk now have the conduit special edition. I guess everyone is getting it then.

How much MONEY is 600 loyalty points at game? Still thinking about where to pre-order

Have ordered mine from Game.

Perhaps we will see Conduit Tournaments on here maybe?

Have ordered mine from Game.

Perhaps we will see Conduit Tournaments on here maybe?

Along with endless discussion of how 'its not working' and debate about which arenas shouldn't be chosen?

Seems quite elaborate. Sure it's fake? I mean... it's terribly written, but for all I know that's just how Nintendo Power is.

Nintendo Power is Officially liscensed, right? You'd imagine they'd want to try to get basic info correct.

I'd imagine IGN would have the exclusive first review too...?

Along with endless discussion of how 'its not working' and debate about which arenas shouldn't be chosen ?

Yeah probably, that would be great

Shush, you get more points for your money than at Tescos :p

Anyway 600 points is worth 60% of £2.50 which I can't be bothered to figure out.

Are you joking about the Tesco thing? If not then that's kind of silly because you don't spend £100 a week on games.

At least not at GAME :p

That Nintendo Power review looks real to me.

Would someone be sad enough to make a fake review?

Anyways, whatever the reviews I am still getting this game.

Dakota will fall on Day 1! My sniper rifle will see to that.

Would someone be sad enough to make a fake review?

Never underestimate the collective forum community.

Nintendo Power was sold from Nintendo to Future US actually.

Also, the review is supposedly written by Chris Slate, as its signed by "Chris Sl", but in his actual reviews he's written in the magazines, he normally just signs it "Chris S". Unless another "Chris S" is now working there, I'm not sure as I didn't bother re-subscribing to it this year.

But I'm pretty sure this is fake, Nintendo power doesn't usually do a full page review for something they rate 6.5.

Plus the issue that would have The Conduit review probably isn't out yet, and we would be seeing other reviews for the game if review copies were already out.

The cat's out of the bag:

Yes, it's a fake. Hopefully we all know that now.

Why did I do it? Take it as a valuable lesson.

It took hours before somebody caught on; most people just looked at the score and moved on. People only really took notice after somebody else mentioned that there were errors (which, by the way, were intentional...I'll get to that later).

So what's my point? I'm stressing the importance of the review itself, rather than the score. Editors write the review for a reason: You're meant to read it.

People put way too much emphasis on scores these days. Most just ignore the content within the review altogether (Proof? Just look at how many people fell for it).

Many cried "flop confirmed!" or "fail!" without even reading the review, as if ONE REVIEW is the be-all and end-all of how a game will turn out.

If you actually took the time to read and analyze the review, you would see that there were mistakes all over the place. Pictures that were months old, spelling and grammatical errors, incorrect information. I even put a hidden message somewhere in there (which I believe is yet to be discovered). Anyone who actually took the time to READ the review could easily catch them.

So if you embarrassed yourself earlier by falling for it, hopefully you will learn something from this. And if you didn't get a chance to read the review, but you know that you often find yourself only looking at the scores, maybe it's time you take a step back and realize that there's more to a review than the number next to it.

Apparently, this "review" spread across the internet like wildfire. I don't have accounts at any other websites, so if anybody wants to copy-paste this somewhere else, please feel free.

And remember, games are meant to be played. Let's just enjoy them.

Have a great day!

And the earth kept on turning anyway.

And the earth kept on turning anyway.

But the internet died. Almost.

Dakota will fall on Day 1! My sniper rifle will see to that.

And this, my friends, is a lie.

Hopefully, there's some Goldeneye style 'shot in the ass' animation- with your name on it, Losty.

Hopefully, there's some Goldeneye style 'shot in the ass' animation- with your name on it, Losty.

:D Ah, ye good olde days.

When do we expect the next batch of fake reviews? And, for that matter, why the lack of fake reviews claiming that the game's sweetness incarnate?

Yeah probably, that would be great

The thing is, hopefully the Conduit will be based on skill, and not the luck of the powerup roulette wheel!

The thing is, hopefully the Conduit will be based on skill, and not the luck of the powerup roulette wheel!

There's no luck in that bloody thing. Its fixed. And hates the crap out of me.

NO WAY IS THAT A WII GAME!

lol you are kidding right?

Even from seeing video of this in motion it still looks basic and the art direction looks like some kind of mish mash.

You're gonna quote something said back on page 1! In which case...

lol you are kidding right?
Edited by Retro_Link