NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

So the sequel to one of the most atmospheric games I have ever played has finally come out and I've yet to gather the money or time to play it. It got a pretty luke warm review over at Gametrailers but my flatmates have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Anyone else had the pleasure?

No but it does look really good and has had some great scores...It wasn't on my radar until recently but now I have discovered it. Think this is one for the summer.

The forensics gameplay and combat have been greatly developed from the last game and there seems to be a lot more of those "waking dream" sections. It seems to get quite metaphysical infact (fighting the characters alcoholism demon?! :wtf:) but it is again sinking deep into the belly of the nasty side of human nature.

Games like this and Eternal Darkness should be made more often. Plus Monolith deserve about 1 billion awards for the games that they've developed.

I would have ordered this by now if it wasn't for the lack of splitscreen. I want splitscreen multiplayer, not just online, damn it!

Oh cmon, it's a single player experience really. Did you get MP2 for the multiplayer?

I've just finished the campaign. It was a great game, sadly it started getting silly (and actually a bit boring) towards the end. The overall creepy atmosphere wasn't so present in this one, and it's heavy reliance on guns wasn't the best choice either.

The multiplayer is a bit shit tbh. However this mini review may have sounded though, I still enjoyed it.

This is a good game, not as good as the first, but for anyone that loved the first, your gonna love this.

Its so brutal, their are a fair few jumpy moments, and playin it in the dark is more fun :D

The multiplayer modes are a bit crap though, and the story has gone even more fucked up, but its still creeepy, the level in the FBI building is proper cool, loads of flashes and usual condemned stuff.

It gets a bit more FPS style towards the end, which i found a bit annoying. Theirs a lot more shooting in this than the first!

Get it :D

Ah no, sounds like there's too much shooting! Not having a gun made you feel so exposed and it really made the combat more visceral and immersive. Bad ju ju :(

I got this and completed it in about five hours. Probably the most awesome five hours in recent memory though :D. I really love the series, and Monolith's other flagship series F.E.A.R

Far too short, but brilliantly made.

Ah no, sounds like there's too much shooting! Not having a gun made you feel so exposed and it really made the combat more visceral and immersive. Bad ju ju :(

Theirs still that element in it, just not as much. And you get babys that blow up, its a bit weird.

Well, I'm thinking about getting this for PS3, as I really enjoyed the first on 360.

Thing is, I'm reading about the sound issues on PS3 everywhere, but it stays awfully quiet on the PAL-front.

Does anyone of you have the PS3-version? If so, do you have issues? I play through component My PS3 is connected to the TV, which is connected with a red-white-cord to a home cinema.

Good game, played it on PS3. I wouldn't say it was as good or better than the first Condemned.

Strange Cookie- I did not read up on any sound problems the PS3 one had but i did notice something wasn't right. Every now and then or continuasly for abit was this kinda pffff sound that lasted like a second and did it repeatidly. Was not ment to be part of the game i could tell. I would assume this is the sound problem with the PS3 version? I bought mine at launch (PAL version).

The reported problam would be a popping sound, and sound that falls away about every 30 seconds.

You can read one of those reports here.

Sega USA has already acknowledged the problem, but I haven't heard any simular reports coming from Europe yet, though. Ofcourse, Americans love their boards, don't they? :wink:

Yer that does sound like it, i just couldn't think on how to describe it! (I read the link). I got my PS3 hooked up via HDMI. I noticed the sound throughout the whole game but if i remember rightly it was the first half that was worse off.

I started playing through this 2 days ago. I've done the first 3 missions, and I'm into the Doll Factory now. I'm a huge fan of the first, played that one exactly one year ago and replayed it last week just before starting the sequel.

Visually, it's a lot better, but I agree that there are far too many guns in this... even only having played 3 missions, I already noticed that they added a lot of guns and almost turned this into just another FPS. The Condemned franchise is NOT FPS, and it shouldn't be. Many people who didn't "get" the first game complained about its lack of guns and the devs stupidly catered to them fools in the sequel. Fuck that. I want to roam mazey dark corridors with a small pipe in my hand, not a riot gun.

Game is still good, though. And the forensics aspect is much improved, now you really are investigating crime scenes and making judgments on the spot about what you see. That part is greatly improved.

I want Condemned 3, but sadly there's no talk of it anywhere... But if they do make it, please go back to 99% melee combat, that what Condemned should be about.

Great horror games, I recommend them to anyone who fancies a good horror experience, atmospheric horror. The Condemned games also feature some of the best sound design I've ever heard in videogames.

This is the direction Resident Evil should have gone in. RE4 was great, but RE5 totally missed the mark, IMO. Capcom should learn something from Monolith. Imagine a Resident Evil game in 1st person (not an FPS, though. And not the Wii rails either) back to its horror roots and puzzle elements, a slow deliberate pace. It would work a hell of a lot better than what RE turned into with RE5. RE4 still had horror and good pacing in some sections, but RE5 totally blew the formula into shit. I'd like an RE6 that would take a page from Condemned.

Edited by ...

Yeah I agree, it's been a while since I've played it but towards the end of the game it gets especially fps-y, pretty much becomes a gunfest.A worthy sequel though and does tie up loose ends left from the first. Absolutely loved the atmosphere.

Multiplayer's a bit lame though.

Totally agree on the RE situation, Dead Space got it right I think (and so do alot of the other guys on here).

Sign in to follow this