NEurope
pedrocasilva

F-Zero Z (rumor)

If it was a brand new F-Zero, i could be more excited! Whats with Nintendo now using parts of Gamecube games for Wii?

Limitless blue shells for everyone!!*

Please please please give it to Sega to do. F-Zero GX is my favourite of the bunch and it's going to be difficult to top IMO.

*And maybe a banana skin from time to time.

Let's hope this is to stay a rumor forever...

F-Zero with weapons? That's like giving Mario a shotgun.

Sure, F-Zero is edgy and gritty, and you can slam your opponent off the edge to it's crashing doom, but weapons? :hmm: It's first and foremost a pure racing game!

Then again, if someone ever told me that Starfox would and up as a mediocre 3rd-person-shooter (made by Namco or not), I'd have laughed...

hope this is real, f zero is awsome

OBJECTION!

This statement clearly reveals the contradiction!

F-Zero is indeed great. That's why I hope this isn't true.

Then again, I've been wong before, so let's just wait 'n see.

Still...

Oh, and I really hope they don't tone down the difficulty for the casuals. Market it to and sell it to the hardcore, thats who is going to buy it. One of the best parts of GX was struggling against a chapter in story mode for 30+ tries and then finally winning it.

F-Zero GX had an awesome name, but was pretty crappy. This has a terrible name so... maybe it'll be good?

You have no soul.

I hope it does have weapons, I got bored with GX and I love wipeout etc. Hopefully this is true, though the name is utterly terrible.

What's so bad about Z? Its as bad as X or GX.

I think F-Zero Z sounds a bit too zeddy. I think GX was a cop-out too, its like "oh we had F-Zero X and now we've made a GameCube version... clearly it should be called GX!" I think WX would be a stupid name too, can't they come up with anything better? F-Zero: Wii Fiesta it is then, eh?

The funny thing is, if you read out each game title, it consists of just numbers and letters anyway.

F0

F0X

F0GX

With the home console versions at least. To continue the tradition, you'd need to insert a new letter between the 0 and the G:

F0WGX

Anyone remember that supposed Fatal Crash from four years before F-Zero GX? It would be great if the new game covers the events surrounding it!

I hope it does have weapons, I got bored with GX and I love wipeout etc. Hopefully this is true, though the name is utterly terrible.

If you love Wipeout then why do you need F-Zero to become a Wipeout clone? Surely you'd be better just playing the real thing?

If you love Wipeout then why do you need F-Zero to become a Wipeout clone? Surely you'd be better just playing the real thing?

Theres nothing similar on wii :(

Theres nothing similar on wii :(

That's a good point - whatever happened to the Extreme-G games?

Wow. I'd have to agree with the majority but as Miyamoto said "Nintendo isn't about listening to the fans it's about not listening so we can give them something they're not expecting". So basically, if they want weapons, you're going to bloody get them :(

Miyamoto said games that had cars with weapons were weird, because "why should cars have weapons?". Mind, these aren't real cars, they're futuristic ones, but still :P

I hope this isn't fucking true. WEAPONS? Nintendon't do this!

F zero is about speed. We need speed! This game is gonna eat lightning and crap thunder!

What's the problem with weapons? Don't shoot it until you see it. At least they're freshening it up, instead of porting F-Zero GX with new tracks. New gameplay is always a nice initiative, don't conservative.

I think that this weapon thingy is a means of using the Wiimote instead of steering. Nunchuck to control your racer, and use the Wiimote for using weapons. Should be good.

F-Zero Z is as good a name as F-Zero GX imo.

items? wtf.

I wonder if Nintendo will noobify this game up like they did with smash, mario and allegedy Mario kart. hmm.

eat lightning and crap thunder!

There's an Indian restaurant around here which promises exactly the same thing.

There's an Indian restaurant around here which promises exactly the same thing.

Is it called Mickey's?

On the point of names, F-Zero X was like F-0X... fox!