NEurope
pedrocasilva

F-Zero Z (rumor)

fzerozkommtfrnintendowigk1.gif

Best translation I could muster:

A official successor to F-Zero GX will appear on the Nintendo Wii. F-Zero Z, is the title of the futuristic Racer and will include an online mode. A weapon system was also confirmed. The title will be unveiled at the upcoming E3 2008.
Fonte: http://www.planet-nintendo.de/?news=19164&name=F-Zero_Z_kommt_fuer_Nintendo_Wii

Anyway, here's the original for German speakers:

Ein offizieller Nachfolger zu F-Zero GX erscheint auf dem Nintendo Wii. F-Zero Z, so der Titel des Future-Racers wird voraussichtlich alle Strecken des Gamecube Vorgängers beinhalten und über einen Onlinemodus verfügen. Ein Waffensystem wurde auch bestätigt. Auf der diesjährigen E3 soll der Titel von Big N vorgestellt werden...

perhaps they could shed some extra light into it or point some errors but other than that the news are simple, if they're correct... F-Zero Wii is coming and will have a online mode.

Who predicted this in the N-Europe podcast? Oh yeah, I did. :heh:

Sounds good, I hope it's true!

I wasn't that keen on F Zero GX, much preferred the N64 version.

Weapons sounds interesting though.

The rumour sounded really exciting...until...

A weapon system was also confirmed.

A weapon system

weapon

That sentence killed all my excitement.

The rumour sounded really exciting until the weapons system

I'm a big F-Zero lover yet I also like the weapons that Wipeout offers. Perhaps a mixture of f-Zero's pace coupled with Wipeouts interesting weapon system could be good. Yet I fear that speed and aiming/spinning out don't really go hand-in-hand.

Not a great idea (if true) but it may just freshen things up a little.

Awesome!! As long as we can play without the weapons. And on Final Destination.

Weapons? No! This isn't Wipeout or Extreme G! You can attack in it nowadays through use of the "side-charge" maneuvre as well as the spin attack, besides, if we need weapons and power-ups we have Mario Kart.

And F-Zero Z... I mean, seriously? Z?

I want F-Zero, but I'm not sure this rumour is exactly the F-Zero I want!

Depends what the weapons system is really, assuming any of this true. Would spin attacks count as a "weapon"? I'm with the sceptics on this one generally, having Wipeout-style lasers and missiles popping everywhere can only be detrimental to that distinctive F-Zero flavour.

I'd be all for a burnout style takedown system, at those speeds it would require a lot of skill, But weapons....no thanks. That ain't F-Zero. And where's my track editor?

If it has weapons, I'll get weapons of my own and kill them

So basically Nintendo want to make Wipeout? Great. :(

Now im just waiting on "F-Zero isn't very accessible so we decided to slow the pace down a little." :hmm:

I hope not, in fact, I hope they deliver it to the GX team, they did a phenomenal job, I don't mind if they throw in an easier setting, but I want F-Zero to remain, and I can't believe this, hardcore.

Also, I highly dislike Wipeout.

Hell yeah all over my tits.

Make it a worthy sucessor of GX and dump that weapon shit, F-Zero is all about speed. Hell, they could sell GX with an added online mode and I would buy it again. Best racing game of the last generation, IMO.

Gamecube controller support is a must. And I hope "F-Zero Z" is a codename... F-Zero WX would be a better name.

make it so, Amusement Vision

If this is real then OMFGBBQHAXLOLAWESUM...

If they continue to call it Z and implement the weapons poorly then Face-Palm fail...

Seriously, I don't think F-Zero needs weapons, it's the precise control and second to none gameplay that has always made it succesfull; add weapons and you take away part of the players concentration that would normally be focused soley on the boosting and turning.

It could still work but only if they implement it well but tbh unless it's made by Amusement Vision then I have no faith in it. :blank:

Same as everyone: WTF?!? Weapons!?!

As long as you can turn them off, it's not a big deal anyway.

SAME HERE but i don't think this is true after all. I want F-Zero X2 with a massive 30 player online mode, and the tracks once in the sky again twisting and turning!

Weapons? Do not want.

Then again, I think any F-Zero is better than no F-Zero.

Seconded. This would RUIN F-Zero completely! Also, go back to thrash metal BGM, it kicked ass!

Play Mario Kart for friggin weapons, not a proper racer like F-Zero! I still think Ridge Racer 64 was the best Racing game to grace a Nintendo console, and yes, I have Burnout and Burnout 2.

Urgh weapons? In F-Zero? Great...

EDIT: 'F-Zero Z' sounds terrible as well. Couldn't they just call it 'F-Zero X' with some shitty subtitle instead? 'F-Zero X' is the most badass name ever.

Please, let that rumour be fake...

Unless the "weapons" are actually close-range weapons and certain weapons are exclusive to certain pilots. Maybe then I could reconsider.

..an F-Zero game will hopefully come some time, but this just sounds made up to me (thankfully) because anyone could have come up with that..

I also don't believe the Wii version will have weapons.. that just isn't what F-Zero is about. It's about break-neck speeds, perfect cornering, perfect use of the boosting and risking the last drop of your energy bar to try to steal first place knowing that one tiny collision will finish you off. It is also much more satisfying to bash someone off the side of the track at 1000 km/h than shooting something off to do it for you..

F-Zero GX was breathtaking.. I loved every minute and was one of my favourite Gamecube games (and one of my favourite games EVER)