NEurope

What's the dealio with DLC on region unlocked games? Will NTSC games work with PAL DLC?

Edit: Villan, you may rule the plastic instrument roost here but I'm more than happy with second place..heheh. :heh:

I just 4 *'d Ride the lightning on medium drums. I felt like a king after wards, given my general all round suckage of the drums

I downloaded Rio yesterday, that is a laugh to play. Think I need to get some more MS Points so I can remember the awesomeness of this game.

We don't its some shit metal band I've never heard of. WHERE IS MY GOD DAMN MOVING PICTURES :(

I'm guessing you've never played Guitar Hero 2, then? :heh:

Still, I'm a little disappointed with this week's DLC. While "This Calling" is a cracking tune, the pack seriously needed "Six". That song is just awesome!

It's basically taking a swipe at all the uproar over releasing the game 8 months after it came out in America and at the equivalent cost of $366 when you could buy it in in America for $180.

Posting this in the 10 minutes where I still have internet access (go internet tubes!) Next week we have two big packs for you. First we have the full album of Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying? from Megadeth. The 7 tracks on this full album release joining the title song which is on the Rock Band 2 disc.

Wake Up Dead

The Conjuring

Devil’s Island

Good Mourning / Black Friday

Bad Omen

I Ain’t Superstitious

My Last Words

Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying? will be available for $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points) for the album, or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track.

In addition we will also be putting out a Rock Band Tour 4-pack from bands on our Rock Band Tour kicking off in October.

“One of Those Nights†by the Cab

“Hands Down†by Dashboard Confessional-

“She’s a Handsome Woman†by Panic! At the Disco

“Natural Disaster†by Plain White T’s

All tracks in the Rock Band Tour Pack are $.99 (80 Microsoft Points) or $3.99 (320 Microsoft Points) for a limited time (October 14 on Xbox and October 16 on PS3) when they return to $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track or $6.99 (560 Microsoft Points) for the full pack.

All tracks are original masters on both packs.

DLC comes out on Xbox 360 on Tuesday, September 16th and on PS3 on Thursday, September 18th.

If I wasn't going to be in Toronto I would have got a couple of tracks from peace sells.... Still no moving pictures however:confused:

will probably pick up the Megadeth album, but give RHCP next please!

I wanna see if they leave Sir Psycho Sexy unedited :)

IMG_0409.jpg

Fuck you Harmonix :mad:

That is awesome! Good to see they have a sense of humour

The price still ain't quite right though, $170 is about £100. Add VAT, £117.50. Then there's a £62.50 gap. Part of this can be explained as shipping costs. There's also a larger gap between the wholesale price and the retail price than in the USA, so retailers will be taking part of that £62.50 (higher costs in the UK, so they actually do need to take more money than their US counterparts to make the same profit). I don't think EA and Harmonix are pocketing much more, but they are taking something extra. I'd hazard a guess at an extra £10-£15 per unit tops.

Mad as rabbits plx. I cant stand their new album either but no more death metal please.... I should be downloading all the ones released on the 16th! Since I am a fan of all those bands! .,.... and maybe the colbert song..:)

Does anyone know where the cheapest deals for this on the 360 are at the moment?

Online I can only find around £135 at best (new) but I think there's some good in-store deals going on at the moment because of the cross platform release.

Okay, I have he US Rock Band and I need a few questions answering if any of you kind people can help

1. Can I download UK songs and it work on my US copy?

2. When Rock Band 2 comes out, can I put my US Rock Band songs on a UK Rock Band 2?

3. When does Rock Band 2 come out in the UK?

You guys think Rock Band is a rip-off in the UK? Just been having a gander at monitors and the HP LP3065 is available for $666.81 in the states! A grand over here...

The cheapest UK retailer for them is Overstock.com and they're selling US imports! :p

lol (except it ain't funny, i'd have 2 at that price!)

Okay, I have he US Rock Band and I need a few questions answering if any of you kind people can help

2. When Rock Band 2 comes out, can I put my US Rock Band songs on a UK Rock Band 2?

3. When does Rock Band 2 come out in the UK?

1. I don't think the dlc is region locked (but not sure)

2. they are treated as dlc so see above :)

3. no date yet

Does anyone know where the cheapest deals for this on the 360 are at the moment?

Online I can only find around £135 at best (new) but I think there's some good in-store deals going on at the moment because of the cross platform release.

you mean for just the instruments? you can get the Band in a Box for £99.99 on Play... still need to buy the game though.

Getting back into this again, playing guitar on hard, and actually getting somewhere. Hoping to mix singing and guitar together soon, can't seem to pull off medium at both yet, and its even worse when I don't know the song.

Okay, I have the US Rock Band and I need a few questions answering if any of you kind people can help

This is what I want to know too (as I may pick up the PS3 version when it's around £100 from the US) - that overstock.com has it for £106 (US version) so if that drops at all I'll get it from them. How much did you pay Dazzy?

Don't really mind waiting and (ala GH3) I think the price could drop a good 20 notes when RB2 comes out. Could go either way tbh. But yeah, if it doesn't work with RB2 there's no point in getting the cheaper original. GH on Tour is coming too but I think that will be very expensive - especially in the run up to Christmas.

This is what I want to know too (as I may pick up the PS3 version when it's around £100 from the US) - that overstock.com has it for £106 (US version) so if that drops at all I'll get it from them. How much did you pay Dazzy?

Don't really mind waiting and (ala GH3) I think the price could drop a good 20 notes when RB2 comes out. Could go either way tbh. But yeah, if it doesn't work with RB2 there's no point in getting the cheaper original. GH on Tour is coming too but I think that will be very expensive - especially in the run up to Christmas.

I paid stupid money for it to be honest, I got it ages ago and am too impatient to wait, I think I paid about £170...... :o

I'm going to buy a UK game and see if it works :) I will be pleased if it does, and then cry because I just spent £23 to buy $25 worth of songs from the US store......

Is Rock Band 2 due out this year? I doubt as it's just come out in the UK on PS3!!!

I'm getting GH4 on Wii!

I've heard the 360 version may come out before Christmas, I'd doubt the other vesions would though.