NEurope

360 only for now. Theres two theories on it;

MS bought timed exclusivity rights to it in Europe.

They were trying to avoid the shortages that they had in America.

Its not out on PS3? O_o

Not in Europe.

How much does a DLC song cost?

Villan, Maps is a truly excellent song, you're right. Awesome on Rock Band too.

GGAHT is still such an awesome song, I went online earlier and did some co-op band quickplay on the song and some guy decided he'd do the drums on Expert.

He actually did them, too. Shame the Bass player on Medium failed 3 times :(

I currently have 2 guitars and a mic. I'm totally getting a pair of drums mind... I love this game.

I honestly don't have much of a "thing" for Guitar Hero, i find the difficulty past medium far too steep and annoying. In this, hard isn't too bad at all. I can cope with most songs pretty well bar the last tier. I can sing some songs really, really well... and the rest very badly :D

Next jobs:

Buy some fucking points for some songs

Buy drums

Buy some batteries...

I have the same problem with Guitar Hero. Only got TDWDTJ and Raining Blood left to do, finished every other song on medium. Hard is just too much of a step up, it's not fun and there really isn't any incentive for me to do it.

Maybe i'd be more motivated if playing hard unlocked more songs?

Im so close to giving in and buying rock band right now. Think i'll check my bank ballance on my lunch break 2moz, if it's good then it's off to HMV for me! :D

While I was at work last night I was thinking about taking mine back as im just not feeling it. Sure its great for a while but just like Guitar Hero it gets old fast. Yes I know alot of people like it but I just cant get away with these music games.

I think it may have something to do with the song selection as I hardly know any of them and I had to go buy Move Along on the marketplace just so I could play a song I really love. Im also peed off that you cant do World Tour online, kinda sucks.

You win some you lose some :heh:

Not in Europe.

How much does a DLC song cost?

160 Microsoft Points, my friend.

I think it may have something to do with the song selection as I hardly know any of them and I had to go buy Move Along on the marketplace just so I could play a song I really love. Im also peed off that you cant do World Tour online, kinda sucks.

You win some you lose some :heh:

Harmonix said it could release an update to make Band World Tour playable online… but then, RedOctane said the same thing about making Guitar Hero II on the X360 online enabled at all (other than download content) and it never happened. :(

160 Microsoft Points, my friend.

Ah cool, cheers!

I think I'll hold out for the PS3 version and just get the drums. Maybe, the price is still a bit too steep though.

I tried singing earlier, I suck at it. Blitzed through Blitzkreig Bop then proceeded to fail every other song in the first tier :( I blame the cold I currently have.

Villan, Maps is a truly excellent song, you're right. Awesome on Rock Band too.

To me, Maps on Rock Band is like F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. on Guitar Hero.

It's the one song I want to play above all others!

Grraaaaaaaaaagh! I want to play this bastard so much! :mad:

God I want to buy this so bad. I thought I could hold out, I thought I'd teach EA a lesson, I never thought I'd consider paying £180 for a video game.

But dammit, that's exactly what I want to do. :(

Does anyone know where I can order the PS3 version from America? Amazon don't ship it outside of the states and I can't wait till August for this to come out.

Are the peripherals are region free?

Edit: HAHA!! Just ordered the PS3 version (just the game) for £20. Thank you e-bay!

Erm you cant use the GH guitar with the PS3 version I dont think, but double check. I believe Activision where being ***** and wouldnt let Harmonix release the patch.

So... is £70 the cheapest i can get drums for?

Erm you cant use the GH guitar with the PS3 version I dont think, but double check. I believe Activision where being ***** and wouldnt let Harmonix release the patch.

But can you can use the American Rock Band stuff on the PAL version? I'm guessing you can but I just want to check.

So... is £70 the cheapest i can get drums for?

£65 on Shopto.net is the cheapest I have seen

edit: Daft; I dont see why they wouldnt work but I have no idea.

£65 on Shopto.net is the cheapest I have seen

edit: Daft; I dont see why they wouldnt work but I have no idea.

Yeah, I've found nothing to say they don't and it would be weird if they did tbh.

Just bough the drum kit. £100 in total with the game. Not too bad.

yeah the American stuff works with a UK PS3

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. Do you know if if I buy DLC for the American version it'll work on the PAL version when I get it later? If not I'll probably not buy DLC until the PAL version is out.

I'm not 100% on the DLC, think you can download it from the American PSN, better checking that out though ;)

I know on the 360 if you buy it on a US account then sign into the PAL game with that account from then on any user can use the american DLC on Rock Band. Not sure on the PS3 but I dont see why it would be any different.

I think there was a US guy who bought an EU PS3/GHIII and who couldn't get the US DLC to be compatible. If you can buy it from the same region as the game you should be fine (though you'll need a US credit card afaik). Just don't get EU DLC with a US disc.

I'm not 100% on the DLC, think you can download it from the American PSN, better checking that out though ;)

I know on the 360 if you buy it on a US account then sign into the PAL game with that account from then on any user can use the american DLC on Rock Band. Not sure on the PS3 but I dont see why it would be any different.

I'm just wondering if the American DLC will work on the PAL version when I switch. With the 360 example I assume that is using the same version.

Otherwise I'll just wait for the PAL version to download. The songs on the disk should keep me satisfied until then.

I think there was a US guy who bought an EU PS3/GHIII and who couldn't get the US DLC to be compatible. If you can buy it from the same region as the game you should be fine (though you'll need a US credit card afaik). Just don't get EU DLC with a US disc.

Seems about right, shame DLC is region protected...seems a bit stupid really. I know in this case it may be because of licensing issues but it shouldn't be the same for all games.

why bother switching to the PAL version anyway?

I'd rather download from the PAL store because it's easier to put funds in and my slight OCD comes into play. If they do a new version of Rock Band will you be able to access the DLC from the new game? If you can I'm guessing it won't recognise American DLC. I don't really mind waiting till August since I'm sure the songs on the disk will keep me busy.

Also I picked the game up for £20 so its not too big a deal buying a PAL copy as well.

Edit: Can someone clear this up for me. Do Gutar Hero Guitars work on Rock Band? I've read in some comments on CVG that thats what people have been doing but I thought you couldn't do that.