NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pancake

What's your Wii mag of choice?

Which Nintendo mag do you read? Me currently: none, cos they're all either £4.99, or Nintendo Official, which i don't trust. £4.99 is too much.

Personally none...the only magazine I buy every month is EDGE...and occasionally EGM. With the internet and all the forms of media it now presents; articles, videos, podcasts etc... magazines aren't what they once were.

The Internet.

It's free and comes out all the time instead of once a month.

I used to buy N64/NGC all the time. I stopped around about the time they changed to NGamer. I'm not sure why. I buy EDGE and Games TM monthly and occasionally EGM.

The Internet.

It's free.

Well...except for the monthly subscription fee.

I get NGamer.

I buy EDGE for the articles, but I usually don't trust their opinion on games, so yeah, I'll go with none too.

I buy NGamer. Currently awaiting my issue (still) since it got stolen.

but I usually don't trust their opinion on games, so yeah, I'll go with none too.

Why don't you trust their opinion on games?

I buy (subscribe to) n-revolution as it is the only Nintendo only mag that I think is worth reading.

It used to be a bargain at £2.99 as well. Trouble is , they have recently whacked the price up to £4.99 and justified it with the inclusion of a free (yeah right) book , poster and sweets every month.

Unless they decide to either drop the price back and get rid of the extra crap or really overhaul the magazines content when my subs expire then I won't bother re-subscribing.

And , I can no longer remember my login for their forums so I can't bitch at them about this over there.

I've got a subscription to ONM, mainly due to the reviews and likelyhood of exclusives. But since the last major exclusive was all the way back with a big preview of BWii, and many of the reviews have been a big joke (Mario Kart Wii - 94%? "Best MK ever"? Wtf?) I have seriously been considering cancelling it. I probably wouldn't jump ship to another mag either - waste of more money and I'm not fond of Edge's style since I got one issue free in HMV. I get most of my reviews now from Gamecentral and IGN.

I buy (subscribe to) n-revolution as it is the only Nintendo only mag that I think is worth reading.

It used to be a bargain at £2.99 as well. Trouble is , they have recently whacked the price up to £4.99 and justified it with the inclusion of a free (yeah right) book , poster and sweets every month.

Unless they decide to either drop the price back and get rid of the extra crap or really overhaul the magazines content when my subs expire then I won't bother re-subscribing.

And , I can no longer remember my login for their forums so I can't bitch at them about this over there.

I noticed the same thing about N-Rev, that's why i stopped buying it. But in the latest £4.99 issue i saw, there were no extra sweets, posters or any of that crap, it's like they just bumped it up for NOTHING. Even if they did have "free" stuff like that, why would they have to raise the price if it was "free"?

When it comes to general gaming, I buy Edge and Games. The odd Retro too.

For Nintendo-specific publication, I read NGamer. Their opinions are trustworthy (Most of the time. Red Steel 91%? :hmm: ) and it's just damn funny. They have excellent features, and the mag is just... rich! It's something you can really read, and has lots of content.

I used to buy N-revolution, but while the first issues were excellent, easily surpassing NGamer, it suddenly went downhill very fast and very bad. The feature are uninteresting (reads like a copy-paste from some forum, really), the reviews are not very informative and very late, and it's ... well, boring, really. A shame, because I really loved the first issues. It hit all the right spots. But they've taken away everything that made N-rev se special to begin with. It feels nowhere as professional or fun as it used to be.

Official Nintendo Magazine... Hmm, that's a hit-and-miss. Some issues are really good, some are good for coloured toiletpaper. And some things are really redundant and plain stupid. The Ask Nintendo-section!

Q: Will game X come to VC one day?

A: Check regulary for exciting updates and surprises!

Next Q: Will you create new channels or update the older ones?

Next Q: How exactly are the channels funded?

Argh! I kid you not! If they don't bother to give a sensible answer, begone with the section! Yes, David Gosen has left a legacy at NoE...

I've got a subscription to NGamer, its not the same since Mark Green left :(

N-Europe :P but seriously none as I realised what a huge whole they were creating in my wallet. Used to get EDGE, Computer And Video Games, and Gamesmaster.

GamesTM - is the only mag I get (subscribed) I like the articles - everything else I need I get from the net.

Why don't you trust their opinion on games?

Because I don't agree with them. Simple eh?

Q: Will game X come to VC one day?

Next Q: Will you create new channels are update the older ones?

Next Q: How exactly are the channels funded?

Don't forget the classic:

Q: "When will X come out for Wii?"

A: "We haven't announced a release date for X yet."

I get ONM because someone got me a subscription for Christmas, but it really is pretty terrible, with very little I want to read. The gifts are usually awful too.

I buy N Gamer every other month and I'll purchase ONM if I'm desperate for something to read on a long car/train journey or if they have a cool free gift e.g that Zelda Hylian Crest pin-badge they gave away last year.

Edge would be the only gaming magazine I buy regularly, though I might pick up GamesTM if I see it in the shop, as I don't really trust any other gaming magazines scores as they are generally quite varied and contradictory.

EDIT: Cool I'm a regular now :heh:

I've got a subscription to NGamer, its not the same since Mark Green left :(

^that. I've had a subscription to NGamer since the N64 days, when they had a front page thing on Banjo Kazooie. Not missed an issue since.

Now though, the magazine has become really boring, and I'm cancelling the subscription and getting one for Edge instead.

Edge, for its reports and journalism. For news and reviews, that's why God invented the internet. On-top of the latest news, it also comes with video.

I read Nintendo Power though they have gotten worse since I subscribed and since Future took over they've been going down hill at a steeper pace.

I noticed the same thing about N-Rev, that's why i stopped buying it. But in the latest £4.99 issue i saw, there were no extra sweets, posters or any of that crap, it's like they just bumped it up for NOTHING. Even if they did have "free" stuff like that, why would they have to raise the price if it was "free"?

They did have all that extra crap this month too - it amounted to a Tips book for Brawl , Mario Kart Poster (can't remember what was on the reverse) and yep , some shitty sweets.

Still didn't come anywhere close to justifying the extra cover price.

Sign in to follow this