NEurope
jayseven

The Resident Evil Series

I've had my time with Resident Evil and it's probably time for me to walk away and let it go now. It's changed/changing too much and I believe that they've lost that original essence of what made it good in the first place.

I have great memories of discovering the series on the Gamecube. Zero blew me away at that time, as did the remake. I just can't get geared up or excited about it.

I've had my time with Resident Evil and it's probably time for me to walk away and let it go now. It's changed/changing too much and I believe that they've lost that original essence of what made it good in the first place.

I have great memories of discovering the series on the Gamecube. Zero blew me away at that time, as did the remake. I just can't get geared up or excited about it.

Like me, I know you're a fan of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, a game that highlights what a different take on the genre can do for a particular series. I've played Silent Hill (PS1), Silent Hill 2 (PS2) and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii), though, and really like them all :hehe:

If anything, I'm not sure I'd want Capcom to try to 'fix' Resident Evil but rather leave the series to rest for a while and try to create a new game that focuses completely on tension and fear, or at least try to get down to the core of what makes something truly frightening..