NEurope
jayseven

The Resident Evil Series

Alright. I've been looking for about 3 years for resi 2 and 3 for less than £20 each - yes, I know, I've not been looking too hard - but the other day I found them both - two for £20 - in gamestation and nearly screamed. They also had spare copies of each. Anyway I pinched them both. I don't own Resi 4 but I have completed it. I've completed all the other games ONLY on normal, and I've found them all frightfully hard...

And now I have 2 and 3 to play. I've played neither thoroughly before, and am greatly looking forward to the chance to do so!

Anyone else here got the full chebang? Personally I'm a little peeved they didn't just bundle 2 and 3 together, and of course the lack of update on these (and CV:X) is a bit annoying.

Couple of questions; what route should I take through RE:2? and I have one friend who strongly reckons I should play 3 before 2. Is he just nuts?

And, er, yeah, best moments/worst moments/etc :)

The only one I've ever completed is too. The others I always run out of ammo and die. I've never liked resorting to guides for resident evil games, sucks all the fun out.

Well if you want to do it properly play Zero, then 1, then the first half of 3, then 2, then the second half of three. The Code Veronica. Then 4.

In all honesty Zero is a decent game but i always felt that it was a stop gap waiting for 4. 2 was far far far too easy. 3 was fun, but again too easy. 1 was alot of fun but i prefer the origonal resi on the PS1 to the GC remake.

Code veronica however.... Get it. Play it. Love it.

I seem to be alone saying CV is the best resi so far. I love the story line, i love the zombies with red eyes! The return of Wesker and Chris, and the difficulty of it... Mmmmm hell of a game.

I like Resi 4 aswell dont get me wrong, but it reminded me of Dino Crisis 2, and the whole puzzle element seemed to be... lacking. Still, blowing up zombies faces with a shotgun is always fun :)

I still love RE remake, trapping the zombie with the cupboard and then leaving him there for the rest of the game.

I really enjoyed Code Veronica. It's the only one so far that I've bothered to play a fair bit again. I don't think it's as confusing as the other games? I don't know.

I think I'll play 2 then 3. Halving a game might get more out of the story but I'll just end up forgetting what guns I've got and where I'm supposed to go!

I think RE4's been the easiest game so far, partly for controls but also because the maps aren't so condensed.

The only one I've ever completed is too. The others I always run out of ammo and die. I've never liked resorting to guides for resident evil games, sucks all the fun out.
I hope you at least gave 4 a good attempt... it's an amazing game.

IMO you should most certainly play Resident Evil 2 first ( best in the series ) and then 3 ( tied worst in series for me with Zero ). In regards to R Evil 2 you must play both A and B scenarios to really get the full experience.

Im still praying with many others on here for a R Evil 2 remake.

I was playing 2 this very morning, and a 4-style remake would go down a treat. The police station main hall is so creepy - totally silent, bar your footsteps, and after every now and then you here the quiet, mysterious music.

I have 2 and 3 in my computer, managed to get in it in no time....

Supposed to find a "small key" according to gamefaqs but i can´t find it

I have 2 and 3 in my computer, managed to get in it in no time....

Supposed to find a "small key" according to gamefaqs but i can´t find it

I'm fairly sure (I got said key yesterday, and used it today) that it's in the interview observation room. Ground floor far east side. Oh, and a slight spoiler...when you get into the actually interview room, make sure you have shotgun ammo. Lots of shotgun ammo.

I'm fairly sure (I got said key yesterday, and used it today) that it's in the interview observation room. Ground floor far east side. Oh, and a slight spoiler...when you get into the actually interview room, make sure you have shotgun ammo. Lots of shotgun ammo.

Ahh thanks, gonna check there later.

Always get massive frame rate problems when i go to the corner of the room, might explain why I didn´t find it.

I've got all Resi games on GC. I managed to complete the first four but never got round to completing CV:X and 4.

I might get them in the future, but to be honest I got scared just watching someone play Resi 4.

i always wanted a proper resi remake style remake for resident evil 2.

why wont they even remake it for ds or anything why keep remaking 1? I;m tired of it.

also remaking things in resident evil 4 style is just stupid and would never work..The old resident evil games are all about atmosphere...It wouldnt scare you as much in third person 4 style..dogs jumping out of windows for instance? meh in third person.

it could work but a lot would have to think i think and therefore it wouln't happen/

I don't see why people want so many remakes, there've been too many remakes for the main 4 games.

How about some more new ones developed with fresh ideas and story instead of an easy cash-in? Re-makes are good but they have gone too far.

Remakes are the only option for Nintendo gamers since Capcom refuse to make Resi 5 for the Wii.

They don't have to buy Resi games for the moment then.

Wait til 360 goes cheap, which it now is.

first RE game i owned, played and finished was CV:X. Great game, made me want to play the others, I played and finished RE0 and 1 and bought RE2 but then i sold my gamecube :(

I still love RE remake, trapping the zombie with the cupboard and then leaving him there for the rest of the game.

Rofl...Yeah, I did that. It was like 'fear training' - rising above the fears I have for the Crimson heads. Brrrr. I'm only peeved that the Samurai Edge...wasn't a 'Samurai Edge'. :p

ahahahaha Yeah I remember that moment. New underwear only for me?

Also the dogs in the maze for resi 4 scared the crap out of me so one crashing through the window in resi 2 to me can be scary too, especially as back in the original, at that time you were only armed with a pistol. Also imagine if you were expecting the dog, only for it not to come. Nothing like scaring yourself when there is no danger.

On another note, I really wish I could go back to the previous resi's even play the remakes and zero but really, when I played zero, I was falling asleep. Then I ran out of ammo against that scorpion boss :blank: Not fun. Would effectively have to replay the entire game. Ugh reminds me of those damn cockcroaches or w/e they were, all huddled in this room which had some items i really needed but got cut to shit before i could get them.

I have them all; and I also prefer CV to 2 & 3.

I've only done 2 as Leon, and i'm stuck on that boss, larvae thing in the graveyard on 3.

And on CV I'm on the part where Chris fell down the crubbling stairs or whatever happens and you take control of Claire again.

I don't see why people want so many remakes, there've been too many remakes for the main 4 games.

How about some more new ones developed with fresh ideas and story instead of an easy cash-in? Re-makes are good but they have gone too far.

Erm....there's been RE4Wii & REmake....and REDS....and that's it.

REmake was well worth it though, and it's just pointless doing th others since there wouldn't be that much change other than graphically.

my first resident evil game was number 2 for the N64, which I thought was amazing even if it did cost me £55. Have REmake, Zero and 4 for the GC. Been trying to get 2 again, never played 3 or CV but want to get em.

I love RE:2 I do wish they would remake it as its my fav all time game, the story is great the music is amazing, and I think it has a great ending. RE:3 i didn't like so much, just finished RE:CV for the first time last month, really enjoyed it.

I've always been a fan of the series I remember playing RE:1 on the PSone that was amazing for its time, the remake is cool too as is Zero.