NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shaolins_finest

Exclusive FPS for Revolution by UBISoft!!

http://www.consolewars.de/news/newsdisplay.php?idx=9865

German:

Ubisoft soll bereits mit der Entwicklung von Revolutionsoftware begonnen haben (was zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt ohnehin denkbar ist). Beim ersten Projekt soll es sich um eine Art Doom-Klon handeln. Dieses Projekt befindet sich angeblich zurzeit bei der kanadischen Niederlassung in der Entwicklung. Mit ersten handfesten Infos oder gar Bilder kann man aber erst auf der E3 2006 rechnen. Bis dahin heißt es abwarten...

English Translation:

Ubisoft is to have already begun with the development of revolution often commodity (which at the current time is anyway conceivable). With the first project it is to concern a kind Doom clone. This project is allegedly to time during the Canadian address in the development. On first strong information or one can count pictures however only on the E3 2006. Up to then means it are waiting...

My Translation:

Ubisoft is developing a Doom like game for revolution. This project is being created by Ubisoft Canada, the same team who made splinter cell and beyond good and evil. Info will not appear until the next E3.

Rumor has it another FPS game is being developed for Revolution by Ubisoft, this time coming from Ubisoft Paris which means 2 FPS for Revolution 1 of which is exclusive.

Cool, an exclusive Doom-like shooter for the Revo made by Ubisoft should shift some units and should be quite good by the way since it's Ubisoft.

Here's my translation (Yours sums it up very well but since my native language is german I think I should contribute):

Ubisoft should already have begun developing Revolution software (what is anyway imagineable at this point). The first project should be some sort of Doom-clone. This project is allegedly under developement at the canadian branch-office at the moment.

First solid Infos or Pictures are not to be expected before E3 2006. We have to await until then...

The first project...

So this means that the rumour of another fps could be true since they are talking about the first project.

Splinter Cell was developed by Ubisoft Montreal.
So Canada then!!

This is awesome news, just amazing!!

It's so exciting to be getting first news of Revolution projects and exclusives, and also fantastic to see a great developer such as Ubisoft in such great support (if all turns out to be true!)!

This combined with the news that Rev may be using the Unreal Engine 3!

http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2164

I'm so excited!!

al lot of good news from developers,even ones that tried to insult revolution *cough8 epic *cough*

Although this would be great news if it were true, it's only a rumour so far, and I think it would be sensible to wait for an announcement from Ubisoft itself.

I believe its true. As for the one that isn't exclusive I think its Killing Day.

Jeux-France is reporting the same thing, as is spanish site meristation.com. It seems to be genuine.

so looks as if rev will already take a gaming crown...as king of fps, which it was in the 64 days and will be again. nice. the moment i hear coutnerstrike is coming out on it will be the moment i am extatic

I read that article on consolewars.de but there is no confirmation and no source. Don't get me wrong I wish that story is true but so far it is not more than a rumour.

I can not say(nda). But as far as 3rd party support Ubisoft is just killing it on the Revolution. Of course I don't know what every developer is doing but from what I have seen Ubisoft seem to be very close with Nintendo since they found out about the Revolution earlier this year. I visit Ubisoft in January.

The Canadian studio that's supposedly working on it is the same studio who did Splinter Cell and Beyond Good and Evil.

Splinter Cell was developed by Ubisoft Montreal.

I also think Beyond Good & Evil was developed by the team who are currently doing King Kong, Ubisoft France? (Or was it just the head dude)

being that your from austrailia i cant call you an idiot. Montreal is in Canada. If you were from the U.S. i would have called you retarted.

True or not developers would have to be retarded not to make FPS for Rev. The sameapplies to DS which means they are retarded.

WOW. if this is true. which there is a high possibility it is. then this will be a massive step forward for nintendo. some exclusive third party releases. that hasn't happened for a while. learning from their mistakes? i think so.

Nintendo need exclusive FPS, as they didn't really have a porper exclusive FPS for the Gamecube. There was Geist, but that wasn't of the same standard of Halo etc, and Metroid Prime isn't an FPS. If Nintendo have an in-house FPS, and exclusive by Ubisoft, plus another (killing day?) from Ubisoft and then something from Epic, and then Metroid Prime 3 too, i will be happy. I know I said Metroid Prime wasn't an FPS, but Prime 3 is likely to use traditional control style due to the new controller.

Woah there Hal....

I doubt that there will be an Epic game for the Rev for a while, if there is ever going to be one. Mark Rein had a chat with Merrick and they may get a dev kit if they seem willing enough.

Rein is just being a **** and licking his wounds at the moment, hence all his "we aren't really that close minded that we won't even TALK to Nintendo about the Rev" bollocks.

Only Tony Blair can spout more crap than that man

FYI - Gamesradar.com has reported the Ubisoft FPS story, which for me is as good Ubisoft executives bursting into my room and screaming at me until I fall over. Gamesradar.com wouldn't publish stuff like this unless it was bonafied fact, and if it was still just a rumour, they would clearly mark it as such. So that's good.

Well I sure hope that this turns out to be a system seller! I love a good FPS!

Sign in to follow this