NEurope
ReZourceman

Grand National 2008

Will you be betting this year? I know not a lot about horses/gambling but I bet some last year and will be doing the same again this year, about £30 on various things is my budget I think.

Ill choose people/horses with nice names that appeal to me (Iron Man?) nice colours, people I get a psychic hunch about and people with good odds.

What about you?

Got any tips? ;)

Well Cloudy Lane seems to be favorite, you can get it at 7/1 atm which seems like a decent price. Turko is in with a chance at 32/1 and my outside bet is Contraband at 610/1 :)

I haven't looked. When's it on? I usually go by odds and form. No point in betting if you barely win owt.

It's on Saturday.

I usually have a few quid each on a horse although i havn't seen who's running yet. I usually pick by name/odds.

Pretty much every logical arguement points to Cloudy Lane, but since when has logic had anything to do with the Grand National. Also the price on Cloudy Lane will probably crash very soon so I'm going to get some cash on tomorrow. Might put a bit on Slim Pickings who I went with last year and came close.

May put a quid on contraband seen as it's at 500/1 on ladbrokes atm. Worth a punt.

Also Simon at 12/1 is a good shout. Had a good run last year. Where is Libertine? not running this year :(

Haha, love the Grand national, a good laugh with the family. My nan puts a £10 on one horse to win every time, and she's won the last three...she must be psychic.

Haha, love the Grand national, a good laugh with the family. My nan puts a £10 on one horse to win every time, and she's won the last three...she must be psychic.

So who is your nan backing this year? : peace:

Racing really bores me. But every year my dad makes me pick a horse I usually just randomly pick one never wins lol. Aintree Race Course is like 5-10 mins away by car from mine it gets really chaotic around there. Almost impossible to get a bus into town for the traffic ¬_¬ this year though they have them on divert so all is well ^^.

Might put a bit on Slim Pickings who I went with last year and came close.

Wasn't going to bother with the National this year - hell , hadn't even looked at the entries , until I read the above.

Had a few quid on Slim Pickings last year myself and if he hadn't clobbered the last fence there was a good chance he would have won. Still got a decent return for the place though.

Looks like I might be tempted to give him another try this year , although betting each-way this time may not be worth the effort.

Lost £30 last year, so have put £3 to win on Slim Pickings, Chelsea Harbour and Simon, so I will only lose £9 this year, unless I win. Will be at home today, to watch the Grand National as it happens, so that'll be a first.

My money's on Simon and Cornish Sett. Only a couple of quid though.

Went to ladies day yesterday, it was immense. We walked past Paddy

Mcguinness! As for bets, I don't think I can be bothered after losing money yesterday.

Starting in a sec.

I put a fiver on Comply or Die and Slim Pickings each. Apparently, the advice I've been given is to put my money on the second favourite. Hope it's right.

EDIT: Fuck yeah!

Damn, I bet on Bewleys berry and he was winning up til the last jump. My dad's turn to win - his horse's came in first and second place.

Oh yeah. Thank you very much Comply or Die. £50 will do me nicely for my trip to Wembley tomorrow.

put a few quid on comply or die, got myself a nice £20 in return :D and my mums horse came 2nd

Simon fell :(

However I did have 2 £1 backups, comply or die and slim pickings.

Got £11 for comply or Die so not bad, however I did spend £10.

£1 up woop.

I wanted simon or snowymorning to win :( but i love the name comply or die! I'm glad he won, but i wanted an unmanned horse to win =[

Wooo, put a quid on Comply or Die lol, won £8 :P

That will get me a family guy boxset :P

My mate put a quid each way on Comply or Die, Slim Pickings and Cloudy Lane. :D

She's chuffed, but a bit gutted she didn't put more on, haha.

Well done to those who had the winner.

I ended up sticking a tenner each-way on Slim Pickings at 12/1 so managed to double my money ...... better than nowt. :)