NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Fly into space with Virgin Galactic

http://www.virgingalactic.com/en/default.asp

Virgin will start sending "normal" (i.e. filthy rich) people into space from 2008 for a mere US$20,000. Hang on, thats the deposit...the full cost is US$200,000

Well..i wont be going anytime soon...unless people here want to donate money to the "Send Cube Into Space" find...

The trip sounds quite exiting, and the views will be quite spectacular.

First ship is VSS (Virgin Space Ship) Enterprise (i wonder where they stole that from...). Original (the second is expected to be called VSS Voyager...imaginative people these virgin folk.

What do you all think about this?

I would be scared to death if I was one of the first to go, and what exacly are people going to do in space? I know, its fun to be with out gravity and all the motion sickness (dont know a better why to put it), but still 200.000$ is a lot of money for some minutes in sub orbital space.

"Send Cube Into Space" .

AHH , think about it , the first man to play NINTENDO in space , what an advert for the big N.

Get nintendo to finance the trip , known as SPACE REVOLUTION or something, Play the revolution in space with the new controller controlling the movement of the shuttle remotely .

Hell , even i will give you a tenner towards the trip .

Hm.......Cube is my short for my username.

Hell, I'd go if I could cough up the cash. I'd like to be the first civillian in space.

The Voyager and Galactic. Crikey; their brains really where in overdrive when they thought of that.

Hell, I'd go if I could cough up the cash. I'd like to be the first civillian in space.

Too late, a couple of rich American businessman have already been in, properly though. Not just in a big plane like this will be, not just on the edge of space.

It would be really cool but. *goes negative again*

Lets face it, theres no need for this. Its a big waste of money, both the project as well as thge money these "rich people" would spend.

I always say "ya can't leave Earth as long as theres still problems to solve" Like, ya know, poor people dying in Africa etc etc etc.

Thsi is just one of those luxury things, and only limited to people who actually have cash...theres a certain..unfairness to it all. Though I would hardly be jealous...

Humans are silly...they can fly people to space but they cant even keep my connection from slowing down 3 floors above the actual router T_T.

Id say vuc this...vuc space...vuc rich people.

They do deserve a prize for "most effective way to lose money fast"

/negativity]

Humans are silly...they can fly people to space but they cant even keep my connection from slowing down 3 floors above the actual router T_T.

Four words...

Shielded Category 5E Network Cable.

Four words...

Shielded Category 5E Network Cable.

With the risk of going off topic too much. I use ethernet, which runs through the electrics, so any form of cable would do the trick really 0_0

The thing is, theres 3 floors with electrictal equipment to disrupt my signal 0_0.

I go from 500 kb per sec to eheheheh 4 T_T

Actually its more liek 40 during the day.

Hmm but thanks, i'll have to look into that

It would be brilliant going into space, although maybe a bit too much money. Ah-well ... we can always dream!

I'm going in, ill tell you what it's like when i get back. Im going to take my ds up with me, maybe theyll have wi-fi on board. I can't wait.

[/bullshit]

Even if this was cheap I wouldn't be that bothered about it. I'm not one for flying so can't imagine that I'd enjoy the experience.

Sign in to follow this