NEurope
Dog-amoto

Board games

Monopoly would always end with someone gathering up all the money and throwing it in the air.

I used to have Ghost House as well. It was a really cool game. The Skull was glow in the dark and I remember if you threw a special roll you could get ahead on the board by passing thru the mirror. The game ended when someone reached the top of the house and closed the lid on a coffin if I recalled correctly.

Did anyone have Dizzy. Dizzy, Dinosaur or Fibber?

Some mystery game with a house that was number 15. You had to kill of your oponents before the detectives arrived or something.

Anyone have one called "The New Dungeon"? I have it and some of the bits, but not the rules.

I noticed one thing on That 70's Show when they were playing Monopoly, which I've been dying to try out. The Formans were losing, but playing because of a power cut or something, when the power came on Red flipped the table claiming they won. He showed he had the Get Out Of Jail Free card, and you "can't put a price on freedom", which is in effect true :D

JENGA!!!

Not really a board game but oh so AWESOME! :grin:

Ahh what a badass game. ^___^

The ones that have you on edge are the fun ones, like buckaroo, operation and JENGAAAA :yay:

Jumanji.

I still have nightmares :shakehead

But seriously, a game of checkers or dominos against my grandmother is a lot of fun, but nothing will ever beat Monopoly.

Ahh what a badass game. ^___^

The ones that have you on edge are the fun ones, like buckaroo, operation and JENGAAAA :yay:

Yes! :grin:

Though Jenga also scared me! :D

And my eyes must be going funny or something as i thought there was a new thread called Beard Games! :heh:

I was shocked as it was already two pages long! :o

Then i put on my glasses!

So beard games? any suggestions?

Jenga! Mouse Trap! Ludo! Hungry Hungry Hippos! Mindtrap! Crocodile at the Dentist (PT name)!

And more recently, Uno! Risk! Taboo! Trivial Pursuit!

Monopoly is cool once in a while.

And the ever timeless...Chess! (should it count.)

I also had a game where there were several baby dinosaurs on a rotating disk, with a big mother dinosaur in the center, doing a lot of noise.

Using Pterodactyls hung by strings, you had to pick up the ever-moving babies. The capture was done with small magnets, so the babies could fall at any time.

Sure, it was a "mini-game", but a really fun mini-game! :grin:

That reminds me of Loopin' Louie.

*googles it, watches a video*

Mmmm, it's nothing like that. What is the point of that game, anyway? They were just hopping the plane, around and around.

Louie goes around attempting to rape your chickens, you use the pedal thing so he jumps over them, hopefully landing on an opponents chickens.

Most of these are my favourites, especially Scewball Scramble (i found it so hard!) One of my other lost loves is Ghost House (i think that was it...) You walked around the board and you used to drop this evil looking skull down a chimney and it used to trigger loads of traps. Impressively crafted games, also had a paralysed state, where you put a little petrified mask on your character. Pure genius.

I don't think enough people play scrabble though... or jigsaws for the matter. Jigsaw fucking rule!

Ghost House ftw. I had a 2nd-hand set which utilised many a ball of blu-tac and stretch of 'tape :) Love it, though.

Also - Labyrinth! Each go you changed the maze and you had to collect things.

Another really bad board game is the enchanted forest (I think it's called) which is full of plastic trees and is gay. Made for those girls aged 21 who still want to be a disney princess.. *kills with reminiscent RAGE*

Used to enjoy word games when I was a bit younger so board games used to be a case of Scrabble and Boggle, Though other game wise I used to enjoy Connect 4 and also Pacman! (Which I still have somewhere)

If you could put a nice drinking twist on it or something. It has potential to be something sexy.

I dunno. Thing is, it's luck pretending to be skill so games are invariably dragged out, odds dodging fiascos. I find that entirely vapid and boring. What you really need is Diplomacy or Catanfor some proper deal making human variable style gaming. They're so much more fun.

yeah it's kinda fun. Diplomacy is similar, only with no dice so it's all based on your skill to out think and manipulate the other players with alliances and deals, hence the name.

Risk is good, simple fun. The mission rules are the best thing to happen to it, stops games going on for a billion years before a clear winner emerges.

Payday was amazing :D

I think I've never finished a game of monopoly in my life, since it takes so long and everyone gets argumentative.

I love ARTICULATE. That game is amazing. Its all about describing and stuff. Addictive.

Payday was amazing :D

I think I've never finished a game of monopoly in my life, since it takes so long and everyone gets argumentative.

I love ARTICULATE. That game is amazing. Its all about describing and stuff. Addictive.

I Love articulate almost as much as you! :heart:

Amazing game so much fun! :grin: I never win though because i fail at it! :)

Articulate! is a brilliant game, though I'm a lot better at talking for ages than I am at actually communicating concepts. :heh:

If you're going to play monopoly, you need to spend half an hour deciding on house rules and write them all out or something. If you can't agree on that part, you're doomed when the game begins. Rules like money under free parking, no buying on the first go round, 3xdoubles=jail, how many houses you can buy at a time and when....

quick fyi guys, there's a new thread about town for playing Diplomacy online, a game which i've expressed the virtues of in this very thread. Get involved!

Its usually me and my dad vs my two sister and mum. At the moment I think its around 16-3 games won for me :D I love articulate because you really have to think. theres always a couple of arguments about what constitutes cheating but still great fun :)