NEurope
Dante

RUMOUR: New NiGHTS & Skies of Arcadia at Sega Gamers Day 2008

Well i'm annoyed. Just fantastic. Why not just make a Skies after they finished producing the game. Idiots. Next we'll hear, Shenmue 3 is being made for the mobile.

Don't be asburd. We all know that Shenmue 3 is being held back for E3 when it will be revealed that the third part of the series will be released in the form of a cake. Yes, that's right. Cake.

Video games are interactive but Sega are taking the Shenmue exeperience to the next level, baking all of that goodness into the mix.

* Allergy Warning * - May contain bullshit

Your post makes sense, considering the nature of cake.

Stop reviving this thread ...every time I see it reappear I go read it excitedly just to end up dying a little inside. Ain't gonna happen, and even I should know that lol

Stop reviving this thread ...every time I see it reappear I go read it excitedly just to end up dying a little inside. Ain't gonna happen, and even I should know that lol

Im the same. I havent been in the Wii boards in a while and checked this topic. I just skimmed through it and seen the picture of Vyse only to read that he is in Valkyria Chronicles and it wasnt SOA2. I was going to pick up Valkyria Chronicles anyway, now I cant wait!

When is/was the gamers day anyway?
May 10th I believe. Prepare to be left in the cold Nintendo fans. (while wishing for a different outcome)

Don't be asburd. We all know that Shenmue 3 is being held back for E3 when it will be revealed that the third part of the series will be released in the form of a cake. Yes, that's right. Cake.

Video games are interactive but Sega are taking the Shenmue exeperience to the next level, baking all of that goodness into the mix.

* Allergy Warning * - May contain bullshit

The cake is a lie!

I guess I'm gonna be the culprit and bring this thread up again.

Yet more rumours of a sequel to GameCube/Dreamcast epic Skies of Arcadia. We weigh up on the likelihood...

We're massive fans of the Dreamcast epic Skies of Arcadia, the directors cut of which was released on the GameCube with the subtitle Legends. And despite being largely a port, it was probably the finest RPG on the system (Tales of Symphonia fans, form an orderly queue).

Anyhoo, the fairly reliable German Sega blog Sega ON are reporting from a trusted source of theirs that a sequel is a "definite", and will be unveiled at this Autumn's Tokyo Games Show. We don't want to raise your hopes unnecessarily, but this was a blog that was one of the very first with all those Sonic Unleashed rumours, and we all know how they panned out...

After that massive piece of hyperbole, let us balance things out. Back in March, we reported on rumours that a sequel was to be shown at Sega's Gamer Day this year. And it wasn't. Insider tipster Surfer Girl blogged back in November 2007 that a sequel was on the way, though she later said it appeared to be cancelled. This was following rumours in an issue of EGM which never came to fruition either. In fact, the existence of a Skies sequel has been rumoured every so often ever since the release of the title on the GameCube. Check out this report we filed back in the Cube Europe days over five years ago in 2003!

In other words... as much as we'd love to... we're not getting our hopes up.

From N-Europe (of all places!)

Could it really happen? So many rumours, so few facts. :(

Who knows. But isn't the SEGA Gamers Day tomorrow anyway? Maybe we'll hear something from there, who knows.

I want it to happen :(

Anyone know what time the Gamers Day starts and is it today? I have been checking around and cant find anything about when its on. I see Kotaku did a live blog for last years, hopefully they will do the same this year.

I think it's today, no idea when it starts though. Guess we'll just keep an eye on Kotaku.

I've been looking about for info since yesterday and haven't found anything. Woopee ¬_¬

Perhaps there was an embargo on the conference?

EDIT: Tried searching for it on Google, and this thread appears on page 1. :heh:

Would we not hear that there was an embargo though? Something along the lines of the event actually happened but they can't tell/say anything.

Would we not hear that there was an embargo though? Something along the lines of the event actually happened but they can't tell/say anything.

THERE'S AN EMBARGO ON THE EMBARGO!

Someone emailed me that the other day, I didn't really get it though. It's just a compilation of websites speculating about a Wii Shenmue over the past few years. The guy who emailed me mentioned Cube-Europe in the Wiki article though, yet I failed to see what he meant.

Someone emailed me that the other day, I didn't really get it though. It's just a compilation of websites speculating about a Wii Shenmue over the past few years. The guy who emailed me mentioned Cube-Europe in the Wiki article though, yet I failed to see what he meant.
I dunno what he meant either.

I'd sure throw a party if Shenmue was coming though; hell... even if it had dreamcast graphics like HotD2 (and well, Ghost Squad had dreamcast graphics, it just wasn't a dreamcast game); and if they upgraded it the better; but since I had the Wii I always thought the wii interface would do more for it than HD shinning graphics (not to mention that the risks of doing it for the Wii would be significantly lower)

But yeah, unlikely... good to know there's buzz though.

Guessed I missed something earlier as ive just read that both a Wii and PS3 version are rumoured to be in the works.

This is the game I want the sequal to the most. Ever since I started Shenmue, it was just fantastic. I can't describe the feeling I got when playing through it. Then the second game was woah. Just a fantastic experience and game in my eyes.

I think I might actually prefer the second to the first. Then there's all those theories flying about the air regarding people in the game, like Ryus father and Lan Di training together, from the origins to the white leaf that hasn't dried out to the elixer.

It's just wow. I really hope that this turns out true.

Guessed I missed something earlier as ive just read that both a Wii and PS3 version are rumoured to be in the works.

This was in regards to Skies not Shenmue :)

Ahh. Well either way I stand by my Shenmue post :heh:

I'm still all for a Skies 2 sequal. I think it'll happen with other franchise reviving.