Anyways, i just hope they don't mess up, again :\

Its problably a April Joke anyway xD

GOLDEN AXE BEAST RIDER?

WTF?

looooooooool

Anyways, i just hope they don't mess up, again :\

Its problably a April Joke anyway xD

golden-axe-20060611094546029.jpg

Golden Axe was revealed quite a while ago. And it seems generic crap.

I'm sick of moneyhatts this generation to be honest, I feel they've been keeping the market to run it's real cruise and I load that, I load the Microsoft's notion that everything has a price and if they're like this in the backseat, imagine if they achieve domination, they'll suffocate other markets.

I was sick of it last generation when MS stopped Halo comming to PC first, that betrayal has put me off buying any MS consoles. I was looking forward to Halo for close to 2 years and then a month before release MS brought bungie and it was going to Xbox first and PC shortly afterward. Fast forward a year and it eventually came out on PC but wasn't nearly as original as it had been. Still annoys me to this day.

I was sick of it last generation when MS stopped Halo comming to PC first, that betrayal has put me off buying any MS consoles. I was looking forward to Halo for close to 2 years and then a month before release MS brought bungie and it was going to Xbox first and PC shortly afterward. Fast forward a year and it eventually came out on PC but wasn't nearly as original as it had been. Still annoys me to this day.
Halo is theirs though, sure they bought the company, but it was legit. If halo is what it is today it's due to their marketing too, on the PC it would be (and is) just another FPS whereas on Xbox it was one of the only good launch titles, so you know what they say, "one who lacks a dog hunts with a cat" or something, so they mass-advertised Halo into what it is today.

What bothers me is paying developers on a regular basis to change the flow of the market itself. They aren't getting their money from games, so it's like they're flooding it with their losses and behind-door purchases. I mean, I'm all for DMC4 and RE5 coming out there, and bet they didn't had to moneyhat them because they make sense, but all the others sorts of freebies for no apparent reason seem rather forced and out of place; no sane developer would put their bucks in there for some genres of games (and with a good reason).

This list seems pretty legit to me. A new Skies of Arcadia is a matter of when, not if.

Also interesting is Crucible. A game about burning witches in colonial America? yes please!

If Skies 2 is coming out then SoJ have kept that one incredibly quiet, I can't see it happening myself but its always a possibility. NiGHTS is just not going to happen, not now and not ever if there's any sense in the world.

To be honest whoever's given out this list is having a bit of a joke I think.

golden-axe-20060611094546029.jpg

Golden Axe was revealed quite a while ago. And it seems generic crap.

WTF?

All my memories from Golden Axe... ARE GONE!!!

I remember playing 4 years ago in a Megadrive of my friend :'(

I feel so bad, they gonna ruin one of my favourite games :'(

If Skies 2 is coming out then SoJ have kept that one incredibly quiet' date=' I can't see it happening myself but its always a possibility. NiGHTS is just not going to happen, not now and not ever if there's any sense in the world.

To be honest whoever's given out this list is having a bit of a joke I think.[/quote']

I wouldn't take the silence as a sign, just look at Team Fortress 2. That disappeared for 6 years and was remade from scratch 4 times before it was eventually released.

Still, i agree on the NiGHTS thing. Not a hope in hell given NiGHTS 2 flopped

WTF?

All my memories from Golden Axe... ARE GONE!!!

I remember playing 4 years ago in a Megadrive of my friend :'(

I feel so bad, they gonna ruin one of my favourite games :'(

I remember playing it... 10 years ago maybe? Or more. lol

I miss it

I've just noticed. Iron Man, one of their big summer games, is missing.

I wouldn't take the silence as a sign, just look at Team Fortress 2. That disappeared for 6 years and was remade from scratch 4 times before it was eventually released.

Oh I agree that games can disapear for a while but as far as I'm aware Skies 2 has never been in development or even discussed as something to continue. It would be nice but I'm pretty sure its not going to happen.

skiesc.jpg

In an interview with Watch Impress Ryutaro Nonoka, the producer of Valkyria Chronicles, explains how Vyse the Bold and Aika got added into the PlayStation 3 game. The director of Valkyria Chronicles, Shuntaro Tanaka, is also the director of Skies of Arcadia. Since the settings for both games felt compatible mesh of worlds occurred and fan service was happened.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2008/05/01/how-skies-of-arcadia-got-merged-with-valkyria-chronicles/

f*cker. And this should turn Skies of Arcadia 2 unlikely to be in production, let alone on the Wii. Sega these days... doesn't get one right; even when the games are good.

Other tidbit, this game Valkyria Chronicles started out being planned as a PS2/PSP game, but instead of passing it into the Wii... noooooooo. Oh well, sick of this 3rd party's crap.

I saw this, but i was too busy crying in the shower to post it. And to think this was initially coming to 360. Bastards.

Fucking awesome. I was looking forward to Valkyria Chronicles before this, but now I'm ecstatic.
I'm looking forward to good sense and whining about bad sales, so they pack their bags and develop to where the money is.

This said, the game looks good; and PS3 is a more likely platform for it than X360 is (as a exclusive); so while being multiplatform would be nice, thankfully Sega is oblivious to their moneyhats (otherwise it would be one more JRPG bought to be X360 exclusive and condemned to sell naught on X360 and Japan) but yeah.

I'm looking forward to good sense and whining about bad sales, so they pack their bags and develop to where the money is.

Uh, what? Not taking a shot or anything but I'm not really sure what you're talking about. :confused:

Uh, what? Not taking a shot or anything but I'm not really sure what you're talking about. :confused:
Basically, I'm looking forward to them finishing their project and hopefully start developing for the Wii, since it leads worldwide now, it's not a fad and has market and needs the RPG's.

Pattern for RPG's on PS3 has been 1st week selling good, 2nd week average, 3rd week... nowhere to be found in the Top 20 in Japan; I have a huch the game will sell less than it should; even looking at how the last "artistic, paper" game sold in Japan (Okami).

So... we ought to get some honey too; hard earned one at that; after they get this done... Like they said, if you can't beat them, join them, and they should really join us.

I want Skies of Arcadia 2, I want any RPG they do... but with ambition, not old ports, and sideprojects... and it's about time we get them.

I thought Vyse and Aika appearing at Valkyria Chronicles was just a cameo of sorts.

You know, like two soldiers who look exactly like them, but it's not the same world, nor the same gameplay style.

Basically, I'm looking forward to them finishing their project and hopefully start developing for the Wii, since it leads worldwide now, it's not a fad and has market and needs the RPG's.

Pattern for RPG's on PS3 has been 1st week selling good, 2nd week average, 3rd week... nowhere to be found in the Top 20 in Japan; I have a huch the game will sell less than it should; even looking at how the last "artistic, paper" game sold in Japan (Okami).

So... we ought to get some honey too; hard earned one at that; after they get this done... Like they said, if you can't beat them, join them, and they should really join us.

I want Skies of Arcadia 2, I want any RPG they do... but with ambition, not old ports, and sideprojects... and it's about time we get them.

Oh yeah, I completely agree. The more RPG's and RPG sales the better. I wouldn't count on a Wii port though, I'd imagine the more hardcore RPG nerds in Japan will already own a PS3.

Well i'm annoyed. Just fantastic. Why not just make a Skies after they finished producing the game. Idiots. Next we'll hear, Shenmue 3 is being made for the mobile.

Next we'll hear, Shenmue 3 is being made for the mobile.

Shhh be quiet...we don't want Sega to get any ideas :shakehead