NEurope
Dante

RUMOUR: New NiGHTS & Skies of Arcadia at Sega Gamers Day 2008

A recent article on German Sega fansite, SEGA On, has a lineup of games that are said to be shown at this years Sega Gamer’s Day in May.

The list contains many games already announced, but also contains a few surprises:

SEGA GAMER’S DAY 2008

ALPHA PROTOCOL

BEIJING 2008

EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR

GOLDEN AXE BEAST RIDER

NEW ETERNAL ARCADIA (TENTATIVE)

NEW NiGHTS (TENTATIVE)

SAMBA DE AMIGO 2008 (TENTATIVE)

SONIC CHRONICLES: THE DARK BROTHERHOOD

SONIC UNLEASHED PREVIEW

SPACE SIEGE

STORM CHASER

SUPER MONKEY BALL FOR iPhone (TENTATIVE)

THE CRUCIBLE: EVIL WITHIN

THE INCREDIBLE HULK — THE VIDEOGAME

The two most noteable titles on the list have to be “New NiGHTS” and “New Eternal Arcadia” (better known as Skies of Arcadia in the west).

Rumours for a Skies of Arcadia 2 game have been circling the Internet for a good few years now, could this year be the first time that some light is shed upon the sequel?

As for a new NiGHTS… well it is quite a surprise, to say the least. It took Sonic Team a good 10 years to finally make a sequel to the Saturn classic, so it would be quite a shock to see a new game so soon after Journey of Dreams. Though many are speculating that this could be the fabled Xbox 360/PS3 game, that was rumoured when JoD was first announced last year.

Even though the source Sega On has used tends to be accurate, we are still treating this a rumour - better safe than sorry, eh?

Well hopefully we shall find out more within the next month or so. For more information here is a translated (using Google) version of Sega On.

www.seganerds.com

Oh, boy. I don't know what to think of this.

Some time ago, I would say "yes" to a SoA sequel, but knowing SEGA nowadays...

i would give my left ball for arcadia 2. it was one of the best cube games by a mile and my first console rpg.

None of these fall into the 'casual market',so i'm expecting some more casual surprises - especialy since Mario and Sonic has done so well.

I wonder how many times I have been hyped by a Skies 2 rumour? Well just add this to the tally then.

This did the rounds last year. Granted, the NiGHTS thing which was suspected to be an April Fool's was actually real, but I don't think they want to turn it into a yearly franchise.

It might as well be true, both will happen eventually anyway and it's only going to be confirmation, we will still have to wait for the games to be made. :heh:

Wonder what rumours we'll be hearing. By all means im up for the games, but let's get past the start of the new month first.

Skies Of Arcadia 2 would be a good idea, even if it's a april fools, Sega better make it real...

Skies of Arcadia two would be a nice idea no matter what console it would come out on, i reckon the 360.

As for Nights, it's not happening. The last game was only released four months ago and to a pretty luke warm reception, not only is it unlikely but it is far too soon

Skies of Arcadia two would be a nice idea no matter what console it would come out on, i reckon the 360.
X360 doesn't even sell in Japan, releasing it there would be ridiculous (and moneyhatted)... Wii deserves to start getting top profile RPG's, even because we were the ones who got Skies of Arcadia all these years back.

New NiGHTS for the Wii would be worthy, new NiGHTS for every console minus the Wii would be insulting too (same for Sonic Unleashed). Get your act together Sega.

Well it was Sega On who first revealed the Sonic Unleashed stuff so there could be some truth in it..would love to see a new Skies Of Arcadia..(god how I regret trading in the cube version) but that rumour has done the rounds before with no substance...

A new Nights game already? Seems a bit crazy to me.

X360 doesn't even sell in Japan, releasing it there would be ridiculous (and moneyhatted)... Wii deserves to start getting top profile RPG's, even because we were the ones who got Skies of Arcadia all these years back.

While i agree it will probably be for Wii the 360's popularity in Japan won't affect the chances of it being made for that console. Skies of Arcadia would make a nice addition to a jRPG line-up that consists of Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia and some form of Final Fantasy XIII

I really hope it does appear in some form or another...

While i agree it will probably be for Wii the 360's popularity in Japan won't affect the chances of it being made for that console. Skies of Arcadia would make a nice addition to a jRPG line-up that consists of Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia and some form of Final Fantasy XIII

I really hope it does appear in some form or another...

Some form of FFXIII is not confirmed.

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were financed directly from Microsoft and Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia were obviously moneyhatted.

No RPG should be seeing release in that console given it's sales in Japan, doesn't make sense marketwise, let alone big budget ones; unless it's not the developers that are paying for them (and loosing money with them)

Some form of FFXIII is not confirmed.

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were financed directly from Microsoft and Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia were obviously moneyhatted.

No RPG should be seeing release in that console given it's sales in Japan, doesn't make sense marketwise, let alone big budget ones; unless it's not the developers that are paying for them (and loosing money with them)

And whats to say Microsoft wouldn't fund (or pay for) Skies? Seems as likely as anything, they seem pretty determined to crack Japan and they don't have any new jRPGs on the radar after Vesperia.

Basically it could well be on any platform really. There's no reason that any of us know of for Sega to want it on any particular system.

Im pretty sure i read that the 360 was getting a FFXIII game, but that it wasn't necessarily being the main FFXIII game (which is what i was getting at with "some form"). I might be wrong there though.

I really don't see MS paying money for Skies 2 though. It's known exactly a large franchise that will pull in customers.

I'm going to buy a box of tissues in preparation for the SoA rumour being false.

and in preporation for it being true.

And whats to say Microsoft wouldn't fund (or pay for) Skies? Seems as likely as anything, they seem pretty determined to crack Japan and they don't have any new jRPGs on the radar after Vesperia.

Basically it could well be on any platform really. There's no reason that any of us know of for Sega to want it on any particular system.

Nothing, but SoA1 isn't even available for their console and is for the GC so that would make it ideal for Wii.

Wii also needs RPG's and is leading in Japan, so how dumb can developers be to not give it a shot? We already know Namco is (stupid), but it's not like their flops on it are a incentive.

I'm also sick of seeing developer jeopardizing their games success due to moneyhatts and going against the market will in releasing them for X360, I mean, if it was the exception it would be alright, if it was like eternal sonata being a PS3 game and them saying "well making it cross platform is cheap so we're releasing it on X360 as well" I could applaud that... but as is... it's nonsense marketwise and shouldn't be happening systematically.

Im pretty sure i read that the 360 was getting a FFXIII game, but that it wasn't necessarily being the main FFXIII game (which is what i was getting at with "some form"). I might be wrong there though.
It's speculation but who knows, but if they do, it's moneyhatted.

I'm sick of moneyhatts this generation to be honest, I feel they've been keeping the market to run it's real cruise and I load that, I load the Microsoft's notion that everything has a price and if they're like this in the backseat, imagine if they achieve domination, they'll suffocate other markets.