NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
C.H

Blast Works

I did have a look through the forum but couldn't find any thread posted about the game (correct me if i'm wrong).

This is a game that caught my attention a while ago, and i've never seen a thread about it here. With IGN's recent update on the game, i thought i'd post a thread for throughts and reflections here.

Typically, ign's site seems to be down, so i can't link the article.

Blast Works is a side scrolling shoot em up with a lego appearance style, one shot destroys your ship, so players have to salvage parts from destroyed enemies to shield themselves from enemy fire. The most appealing feature in the game is the ability to build your own ships, enemies, weapons and levels. The basic style means your pretty much unlimited in what you want to build. Infact, the tool used to build things is the same tool the developers have used.

I'm not yet allowed to post videos, so i'm going to have to plead with other users to post some of the youtube videos. So for the time being, use your imagination :heh:.

Another important thing the recent IGN article mentions, is the developer is constructing a website players can upload ships, weapons, shapes and levels for anyone to download. You simply enter your friend code to the website, and anything you want to download is sent directly to your wii.

I personally think this game looks awesome, and its right up there on my list of must haves.

Looks pretty darn fine.

***EDIT***

Actually, having looked round IGN, i'm thinking this is going to turn out amazing. I'm now well hyped for this.

I watched IGN's video review of Blast Works. It seems pretty decent and they gave it 8.1. Not only is the edit mode kick ass, but the way the game works in that you attach defeated baddies to your ship seems tasty too, imo.

Closing Comments

BlastWorks isn't visually impressive, and I wish the editors were just a little easier to use. All this user-generated content might cause a storage problem, as well, as after messing around with the editors for just a short time I had already used 30 percent of my storage space. But overall, this is a great value that provides almost limitless replayability. If you consider yourself a shooter fan you should definitely check it out, but I also recommend it to gamers eager to unleash their creativity and design their own BlastWorks.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/879/879925p1.html

Sounds like it inspired Banjo Kazooie N&B!

Looking forward to this game!

Does anyone know whe this is released in europe? (or uk)

I cant find release date anywhere!

...am it just doesn't look great to me.. I've played just about everyone of these games but meh ha..

Maybe it gets better but I should be pushed with this game but im not.. Seems like something better suited for the ds to be honest.

It reminds me of a game called G-Darius for the Playstation. I loved that game so I think i'll give this title a shot.

It reminds me of a game called G-Darius for the Playstation. I loved that game so I think i'll give this title a shot.

You mean G-Radius?

I remember an arcade game called darius gaiden Is that the same thing?

It's from the darius series. Awesome games.

Nope. I mean

Ok you win. That was bloody epic with a finish full of win. :bowdown: Missed out on some gems, not owning a PS1

Since BlastWorks has assimilated the Release Thread- thusly confusing my fragile mind- i thought i'd bump the proper thread in a poor attempt to confuse Mr Darksnowman.

How are people finding the game- and the user generated content (is there plenty available, download times etc)?

Maybe we should change this thread to Release Dates, haha. Then, the change would be complete.

Sign in to follow this