NEurope
mcj metroid

Sonic Unleashed

In my eyes, the concept is fine.

The first adventure was too ambitious for it's own good, but the idea was sound - ok, maybe not Big.

I personally like the fact that Sega seem so dedicated to trying to replicate the 2D experience in a 3D game.

Sega can't do what Nintendo did with Mario's 3D games because Sonic just isn't that adaptable as a character. He requires open spaces to run fast so unless you like to run in circles, a 3D world like Mario's wouldn't work - it would seem far to small and would lose out on the roller coaster nature of Sonic at full pelt.

And MCJ's comment about how bad this version will turn out, compared to the PS360 one, seems surprising given that Dimps have a much more critically successful history with Sonic than Sonic Team (both JP and USA) do. Just in case you forgot it was Sonic Team, not Dimps, who made all those games you think are bad.

And MCJ's comment about how bad this version will turn out, compared to the PS360 one, seems surprising given that Dimps have a much more critically successful history with Sonic than Sonic Team (both JP and USA) do. Just in case you forgot it was Sonic Team, not Dimps, who made all those games you think are bad.

then WHY are they hiding it.. what they have shown us wasnt good and there is no video footage. what do they have to hide if it's going to be a great version..

In my eyes, the concept is fine.

The first adventure was too ambitious for it's own good, but the idea was sound - ok, maybe not Big.

I personally like the fact that Sega seem so dedicated to trying to replicate the 2D experience in a 3D game.

Sega can't do what Nintendo did with Mario's 3D games because Sonic just isn't that adaptable as a character. He requires open spaces to run fast so unless you like to run in circles, a 3D world like Mario's wouldn't work - it would seem far to small and would lose out on the roller coaster nature of Sonic at full pelt.

I'm not so sure that is 'dedication', more them being uninnovative and stubborn. The fact that Sonic the Hedgehog was worst (IMO) than SA is proof in the pudding this isn't working and a drastic overhaul should come about.

The fact that they haven't attempted a 2.5D console adventure game is somewhat annoying, because in my eyes, it will work. I can still see this game having the same camera issues and stale moments as all the other 3D sonics. They just attempted to do a Mario 64 when staying more to their roots would have much benefitted them.

I'm not so sure that is 'dedication', more them being uninnovative and stubborn. The fact that Sonic the Hedgehog was worst (IMO) than SA is proof in the pudding this isn't working and a drastic overhaul should come about.

The fact that they haven't attempted a 2.5D console adventure game is somewhat annoying, because in my eyes, it will work. I can still see this game having the same camera issues and stale moments as all the other 3D sonics. They just attempted to do a Mario 64 when staying more to their roots would have much benefitted them.

Sonic 06 was a complete rush at the request of MS and Sony so they would have a recognizable face with which to appeal to more families for their Holiday marketing. Even Sega have held up their hands up for that one.

And hopefully this game should satisfy your 2.5D needs. But if you've already decided that it won't then of course there's no way you will enjoy it.

Sonic in a Mario 64 environment would have, or rather did, result in the Sonic World portion of Sonic Jam. Mario runs faster faster in 64 than Sonic does in that.

Games have shadows nowadays? I must have been too busy playing the games to actually notice that.

Touché

Oh, and me too.

its soo funny to read how people always complaining about games ,

i kinda like it that they gave the Sonic a new twist into the story i think this game will be really fun to play

I really liked Sonic adventure 2 battle and Im happy shadow :heh: is returning in this one without the lame guns and cars.

This game looks great and is one of the first ones i actually liked that are coming out this year. If it turn out like sonic rush games, ill be happy, if it turns out like sonic adventure 2 battle, ill be happy, if it turns like SatSR ill be satisfied. So anyway looks good. Warehog bit looks alright as well.

and Im happy shadow :heh: is returning in this one without the lame guns and cars.
Isn't he just in minigames?

At this stage I don't really know how anyone can be looking forward to the incredibly slow moving, Werehog 'mech walker' stuff!

But still, hopefully it'll be improved and surprise me on release!

Isn't he just in minigames?

I know but I like him so much that just seeing him is enough xD

The warehog looks like ratchet and clank style which i guess is alright. I never really liked R & C but we'll see how it pans out...

I've also posted this in the Sonic Unleashed thread in the other consoles section, but I decided to post it here too, just in case some don't see it.

Sonic Unleashed boxart and age rating Revealed by amazon.co.uk?

It certainly looks that way...

51U0p%2BaId%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/202-4932291-1517468?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sonic+unleashed&x=0&y=0

... considering that the boxart shown uses never before seen renders of Sonic in his normal and Werehog forms. That, or it's a good photoshop, which I doubt. I think it looks pretty good, nice and simple. ^^

Its a Art Box so cliché that its obvious that its the real thing.

The real question is: Will this game be any good at all?

Wii images: (not scans)

wii10.jpg

wii9.jpg

wii8.jpg

wii7.jpg

wii6.jpg

wii5.jpg

wii4.jpg

wii3.jpg

wii2.jpg

wii1.jpg

PS2 Geometry+blurry PS2 textures with a low ammount of colors+PS2 rounded shadows+rim lightning+reflections+better textures on characters+Blur

Kinda meh, a lot of PS2 heritage there, and shouldn't.

In one pic sonic has a detailed shadow though.

do the wii/ps2 version(s) have different levels(in design) than the 360/ps3 version(s)?

like 360/ps3 version have a greek, africa and china level, and the wii/ps2 has a totaly different levels?

do the wii/ps2 version(s) have different levels(in design) than the 360/ps3 version(s)?

like 360/ps3 version have a greek, africa and china level, and the wii/ps2 has a totaly different levels?

This level is also in the X360/PS3 version, level themes will be the same.

What will differ though, is level design. With we taking the PS2 limitations and Dimps level design for them.

Those baddies in the first two screens you posted there Pedro remind me of Kyogre from Pokémon, lol. That Weresonic looks a bit iffy to me!

Those baddies in the first two screens you posted there Pedro remind me of Kyogre from Pokémon, lol.
Oh, you're not the first person saying that today might I add.

That was my first thoughts aswell so I can easily see how other folk can say that. Dunno about this. I think it looks decent, but seems can easily be better at the same time, the levels look kind of stale and lifeless compared to the 360/PS3 version which looks vibrent and colourfull.

Whilst I'll admit, the screens don't look even as nice as SatSR, I think that's probably because I've been spoilt by the 360 screens and videos that have been doing the rounds.

I think the pics look alright, u'll e running around quick anyway so u wont even notice. Playing sonic rush I know i rarely notice the background and have never even tried to see if he has a shadow...

Tbh the PS2 sonic games looked below PS2 standard sometimes so really to say this game looks like a PS2 game is complimenting it.

..would it be so hard to basically take level themes from Sonic 1 and 2 (such as Emerald Hill Zone, Marble Zone etc..) remix the old tunes and make a new '3D' Sonic game (but played on a 2D plane like the classic games)?

Is the wii version made by the people who made Sonic Rush? or is it both Wii and PS2?