NEurope
darksnowman

Poll: Top 50 GC Games

1. Timesplitters 2

I spent so many hours on this game, the single player is phoenominal, working through on hard trying to do everything perfectly was so much fun. As well as that there is the map editor and multiplayer modes and challenges that will keep you going for months. It was also one of the first games to track all your statistics, which was oddly fascinating.

2. Resident Evil 4

By far the best resident evil game, and a hell of a lot of fun. So many different modes to keep you playing even after you finish.

3. Eternal Darkness

From very early in the Gamecube's life, this game had so many fresh gameplay elements and a enthralling storyline.

4. Smash Bros. Melee

5. Fifa 2003 (I know many will disagree, but I spent so many hours playing this multiplayer. 2003 is one of the best fifas around.)

6. Animal Crossing

7. Super Monkey Ball

8. Zelda: Wind Waker

9. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

10. XIII (HOW IS NOBODY PUTTING THIS GAME?!)

1 Super Mario Sunshine

WTF?!! Sunshine topspot? Hell yeah! No, it wasn't what I hoped it would be. No successor to Mario 64. A lame story on a holidayIsland. But I absolutely loved Fludd. And nothing compares to Mario when it comes to control and feel. Some great level designs, great graphics, Mario looking like he should in 3d and did I mention Fludd already?

2 RE4

What a game this is. Great graphics, great story, fantastic controls and some of the best bosses in gaming history.

But: it wasnt really frightening.

3 The Wind Waker

I love cartoons and this was some cartoon. The sea became tedious after a while but it was style and substance. I had to adjust more to TP than to TWW.

4 Viewtiful Joe

Crazy ass game, Double dragon and then some. Again, the controls make this game.

5 Starwars Roque Squadron

Captured the Starwars feeling perfectly abd the gameokay was pure fun.

6 Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution

Yes, japan only, but since buying it back in 2003 it still hasnt left my Gamecube. I have high hopes for PLaymaker though.

7 Burnout 2

The sequel to an already great game, nut a bit more forgiving and not as ridiculous as the following outings. Letting your rear-end break out in a tight corner was very satisfying.

8 Metroid Prime

Fantastic, but since playing corruption the controls suddenly feel clumsy.

9 Soul Calibur 2

Excellent game with a Link bonus

10 Super Monkey Ball

Addictive, frustrating, but pure fun.

1 Smash Bros Mellee

2 Mario Kart DD

3 Mario Golf

4 Pikmin 2

5 Soul Calibur 2

6 Mario Tennis

7 Burnout 1

8 Mario Party 7

9 F-Zero GX

10 Timesplitters 2

There are to mush games to put on this list but ok this has to be mine list of most played cube games (ssbm tops it with over 1500 hours play time)

1. Viewtiful Joe

2. Beyond Good and Evil

3. Wind Waker

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

6. Paper Mario 2

7. Smash Bros Melee

8. Tales of Symphonia

9. Super Mario Sunshine

10. Burnout 2

Meant to post in this ages ago and never got round to it, but here I am.

10) Super Mario Sunshine - Always thought this was a fun game. Don't understand the flak it gets, though admittedly it's not the best Mario game ever.

9) Paper Mario:TTYD - So much better than SPM on Wii. A good combat system, great characters and a funny script.

8) Zelda Wind Waker - One of my favourite Zelda games, right up until the Tri-Force fetch quest at which point I took it out of my GC and never played it again. :(

7) Resident Evil 4 - Admittedly I only played this recently on the Wii but I'm pretty confident it would be on here anyway.

6) Alien Hominid - I imported this game from America as it never came out on GC over here. Me and my friend co-op this game for about 4 hours straight one night.

5) Pikmin - While limited by the 30 thing, I never played the sequel so I'll put this one in. Hugely original and just damn fun to play.

4) F-Zero GX - Great track design, LOADS of replay value, and one of the hardest games I've played.

3) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 - For me, the pinnacle of the series. I always enjoyed the over-the-top nature of the game, doing ridiculous things, falling on your face from 3 storeys up and then getting up and trying again.

2) Super Smash Bros Melee - Still played it up until I got Brawl a week ago. Thats what, 5 years down the line, still one of the best multiplayer games going? The hilarity that me and my friends have had with this game was just awesome.

1) Super Monkey Ball - put at number one purely for nostalgia's sake. Day one of the GC being out, I had sent my mother on a mission to buy me my GC along with Luigi's Mansion and Sonic Adventure 2. After being told that The bundle was for three games, and she could get it for free basically, the guy at the counter told her to get this. I took one look at the cover and thought it looked terrible. But I humoured my mum, and it turned out to be my favourite game on the console. I prefer the main level design to number 2, although 2's party games were better. But Monkey Ball's all about the courses, and this is just awesome.

1) Metroid Prime: gripped me like the best movie could, played till finished in a few weeks

2) Resident Evil 4: lights out, Doritos at hand and let the horror freeze you...

3) Star wars Rogue Squadron: SW at its best, nuf said

4) Zelda WW: took a while to get into the graphs but top Zelda fun

5) F-Zero: fast?! hell yeah!

6) Pikmin 1/2: original and addictive, Nintendo!!!

7) Luigi's Mansion: my first cube game and still a winner

8) Resident Evil 0/1: clunky controls but great atmosphere

9) Super Mario Sunshine: awesome waterfun but 3D is too hard

10) DK Jungle Beat: Wii forerunner, inspired Galaxy for sure!

1. Metroid Prime

Anyone who knows me knows that this is my favourite game not just on the Gamecube, but of all time. The game is literally packed with jaw-dropping and memorable moments. There's the haunting title screen, the foreboding space station opening, the fresh landing on Tallon IV, the soothing spectacles of Phendrana, the otherworldly Chozo Ruins, the heat hazes of Magmoor Caverns, the menacing Phazon Mines, the claustrophobic Sunken Space Station, the epic boss battles, the ingenious level design, the incredible soundtrack, the clever puzzles, the lack of load times. I could go on and on...

2. Skies of Arcadia: Legends

I knew nothing about the game, other than it promised to fulfill my RPG desires at the time and boy did it ever. Not only is it a crackingly good, if traditional, RPG, there is an infectious enthusiasm about the game that is difficult to pinpoint. The characters are vibrant, funny and instantly accessible, whilst the story is grandiose, epic and extremely compelling. I was bitterly disappointed when it ended, after 50 hours of one of the best RPGs I have ever played.

3. F-Zero GX

Appealing to my hardcore side, F-Zero games have always been difficult to complete fully and this was no exception. It improved on its forerunner by a country mile with gorgeous environments that really make you feel like the track is twisting every which way. Adding in 29 other racers makes you feel part of a true Grand Prix season. Awesome music too.

4. Resident Evil 4

Not much to say that hasn't been said. The graphics, realism and scare-factor make this the most intense game I've played on the GC, with zero frustration and an aching desire to see what's round the next corner. Some amazingly good bonus features make an all-round compelling experience worth playing several times despite its linearity.

5. Super Monkey Ball

The first game to make me say 'Wow' on the Gamecube. Believe it or not, there was a time when I was in the worldwide top ten of score rankings for this game. It's got that classic duality of control simplicity combined with level complexity that makes it super addictive. And who would forget Master level 3 if they ever got there!

6. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Like a living, breathing cartoon, this is probably the most daring Zelda game so far but pulls it off stylishly with an abundance of charm and beautiful art design. I haven't played anything quite like this before or since.

7. Super Smash Bros. Melee

On the surface a fairly standard beat-em up, but plays like no other. Every Nintendo fan owes it to themselves to play this game. The nostalgia factor in music, stages and collectables is one thing, the addictive one-more-go easy-to-pick-up, difficult-to-master gameplay is another.

8. Tales of Symphonia

Gamecube's lack of RPGs was obvious and painful. Thankfully, with this and Skies, the Gamecube turned out two of the bets RPGs seen in its generation. A fairly incomprehensible plot is made up for in spades by great music, a memorable cast and absolutely brilliant combat that has you unconsciously hunching your shoulders all the way through.

9. Timesplitters: Future Perfect

Pips TimeSplitters 2 to the finish by the narrowest of margins. The multiplayer is incomparable on Gamecube whilst the Story mode is much improved this time round. I take it to every multiplayer gaming event and it is one of the games that is played for the longest.

10. Metroid Prime 2

Dark, difficult and dreary. But in a good way. Faced with the impossible task of creating a sequel to the first, Retro took the decision to create dark, foreboding worlds that were unsettling, yet fresh. It demanded blood, sweat and tears at every corner. The gameplay itself didn't stray much from the original, but the enemies and locations are still at the cutting edge of design brilliance.

1). Viewtiful Joe

2). Metroid Prime

3). Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

4). Geist

5). Ikaruga

6). SSBM

7). Soul Calibur 2

8). REmake (Resident Evil)

9). Sonic Mega Collection

10). Baten Kaitos

10) Baten kaitos: big whale and the ocean blabla

The only one i never got to finish. I loved the story and the battle system, though once i got out of it i couldn't get back. Started over once and made it to anuenue, then gave up again. I'd still buy origins in a heartbeat if it were ever released here.

Tie for 9) Mario Kart: Double Dash!!/Mario Party 456/Mario Tennis/SSBM

The least played mario kart still deserves a place on the list. Pretty much my favourite series. This is the only game that stopped working!!! =(

The mario parties were most-played multiplayer games, they didn't add much over the years, but the formula works.

Mario Tennis, just not the silly minigames and battlemodes.

I totally loved SSBM, but none of my friends did. It probably would've been higher if i had played more multiplayer with it. (PM me for a brawl match!!!!!!!!...once it's released in europe)

8) Eternal Darkness

I just loved everything about it. Never got around to finishing it 3 times though.

7) Resident Evil 4

I tried the REmake, played a grand total of 5 minutes, but this one i just couldn't stop playing. It's rare to see a game flow so easily, never felt like i was having a dull moment.

6) TLoZ: The Wind Waker

I think i liked it more than twilight princess...

5) Super Mario Sunshine

I might've liked it more than galaxy...(then again, maybe not xD)

4) Beyond Good & Evil

This game was translated to dutch, and for the first time since we freed ourselves from spanish rule, the voices were OK! Krijg nou tieten! (literally translated: Go get boobs)

Oh yea, the game itsself was great as well. Who wouldn't love a mix between pokemon snap (only without the pokemon :yay: ) and zelda, but set in the future!

3) Tales of Symphonia

Epic though cheesy story, true value for your money and the battles are fun enough to keep going (contrary to Skies of Arcadia).

2) Paper mario: The Thousand-year Door

This one truly surprised me. I had never played a Paper Mario game before, and i just figured I like RPGs, Mario games usually don't suck, so why not? Also, one of two RPGs that has absolutely NO grinding.

1) Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

being the other one. I think i managed to finish this game about 5 times. And the silly thing, on my 5th playthrough i still didn't skip any of the story. It was my first Fire Emblem, after only playing the original advance wars, and i guess I'm officially addicted to the genre now. (just started part 4 on radiant dawn :D)

Worst Game:

Universal Studios. Yep i owned it, my bro bought it (he also got GT pro & Far Cry for the Wii, i couldn't even trade in GT pro anymore cause i broke the wheel out of frustration).

I'd rather pay for bejeweled on my GC.

1. Resident Evil 4

2. F-Zero GX

3. Metroid Prime

4. Wave Race: Blue Storm

5. 1080 Avalance

6. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

7. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

8. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

9. Killer 7

10. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

It's hard to put them all in order (and even harder knowing that I had to leave out a lot of games :hmm:)

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

2. Metroid Prime

3. Resident Evil 4

4. Animal Crossing

5. Super Mario Sunshine

6. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

7. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

8. Super Smash Bros. Melee

9. Super Monkey Ball

10. F-Zero GX

Can't be arsed to explain my choices.

1) Tales of Symphonia - Its a great game with deep characters and an epic story with lots of plot twists. It uses the Tales trademark linear motion battle system which is a breath of fresh air from turn based RPGs.

2) Super Smash Bros Melee - I don't know how many hours I've spent playing this game with friends. I don't think I really need to say too much about this one since almost all of you probably own it.

3) Zelda Wind Waker - This game felt smooth and fun to play, the characters had more personality than previous games. The world was huge, you felt like you had real freedom in this game.

4) Zelda Four Swords Adventures - I know alot of people didn't like this game because it didn't feel like a console zelda. But I thought it was a great game. It felt like it was full of action and the puzzle solving seemed to benefit from having 4 Links.

5) Metroid Prime - I actually just recently purchased this game, and since I now have brawl I haven't played it that much. The game seemed almost unplayable at first since I had played MP3 before it, however once I had played for a while I found the controls were actually pretty good. The game had a charm to it that few games have today.

6) Paper Mario TYD - I thought this game was amazing, I spent a long summer that I only had computer access in the early morning and late night playing through this game, The length of the game was one of the things that made it so good. I liked how it wasn't just focused on combat but more puzzle solving and talking to people to solve riddles and stuff like that.

7) Fire Emblem Path of radiance - I got this game for my birthday one year with a wave-bird, Since I played this game just after I completed TOS it had huge shoes to fill. And it turned out to be a great game. It had the right blend of story and challenge mixed together with fairly good visuals.

8) Pokemon XD - RPGs are my favorite Genre, and Pokemon is one of the Best RPG series there is. I enjoyed colosseum but not as thoroughly as XD. XD took the world we all knew from XD but improved it adding more areas and giving the game a proper story. In the end it wasn't just a game that pokemon fans should play but anyone who owned/s a cube.

9) Mario Kart Double Dash - Although for me it was the worst of the mario karts. I thought double dash was still a great game if you looked at the big picture. The tracks were more interesting, the problem seemed to lie in the 2 people in the kart. Because of this most karts just felt too tall compared to the other games.

10) Super Mario Sunshine - Although it wasn't everyone's favorite mario game as the plat-forming aspect did not benefit from the mutant super soaker Mario was forced to carry around, compared to other games it wasn't that bad. The world felt more believable and fit together much better than in other games.

Please note that I'm not including TP as a GCN game but a Wii game so it isn't on this list (this is mostly because I haven't played the GCN version).

1. Metroid Prime

Anyone who knows me knows that this is my favourite game not just on the Gamecube, but of all time. The game is literally packed with jaw-dropping and memorable moments. There's the haunting title screen, the foreboding space station opening, the fresh landing on Tallon IV, the soothing spectacles of Phendrana, the otherworldly Chozo Ruins, the heat hazes of Magmoor Caverns, the menacing Phazon Mines, the claustrophobic Sunken Space Station, the epic boss battles, the ingenious level design, the incredible soundtrack, the clever puzzles, the lack of load times. I could go on and on...

Total agreement. I always have to post this comment again and again just to drum it into people.

Scanning and lore was also cool! As were the items and missile combos.

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee

Easily my favourite Gamecube game, mainly because i spent more time on it than any other GC game. I have such good memories of it and they'll be a part of me that will always love it.

2. Tales Of Symphonia

I was torn between this, Mario, Zelda and RE:4 for my next spot but i'm going to put Tales up there simply because i loved the characters to bits (apart from Collette). God this game had so much charm and i loved how challenging the game was on 'mania' mode!

3. Resident Evil 4

Even though the Wii version is far better imo, this game was UNBELIEVABLE! How the little GC pulled this one off was just amazing and well done to capcom for bringing us one of the greatest games of all time, especially to a console which was really struggling with sales. Must have gone through this game around 15 times, and never got bored (even got the wii version lol).

4. The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker

It's a shame I didn't appreciate this game until Twilight Princess came out on the wii. I mean, i LOVED it when it came out but looking back on it this game was so epic! great level design, some wicked items and i loved the characters (and then there was the graphics...<3 ). It was a bit short but it's the only zelda came i could see myself going back and playing literally all day.

5. Super Mario Sunshine

As much as i hated F.L.U.D.D and yearned for a proper platformer, i still played this game for AGES! It's the weakest 3d mario i think but it's still a fantastic game. The only things that annoyed me were the blue coins and how the levels were quite samey. Otherwise it was awesome (oh, and i LOVED the first baby bowser fight where you're on the rollercoaster!).

6. Paper Mario: The thousand Year Door.

I'm putting this up there just because i've never laughed so much during an RPG. Great script and some awesome levels (the level where you become a pro wrestler was just awesome).

7. Mario Kart: Double Dash

8. Fire Emblem (didn't complete but loved every second of it).

9. MGS: The Twin Snakes.

10.Animal Crossing.

1. Skies of Arcadia Legends

2. Resident Evil 4

3. Pikmin 2

4. TimeSplitters 2

5. Zelda: Wind Waker

6. Mario Sunshine

7. Metroid Prime: Echoes

8. Smash Bros. Brawl

9. Mario Kart: DD

10. Super Monkey Ball 2

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

I know! It's a GC game! Shocker! Yes, I prefer the Wii version, but it's still available for GC and it's still the best game available for GC in my opinion. Asides from enemies being too easy I love everything about this game.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Ta-daaah another Zelda. A beautiful, beautiful game that truly fits the child Link theme and feels like no other game does. Before people said it sucked, but now everyone loves it. Oh the irony.

3.Metroid Prime

Sometimes I don't know if I prefer Metroid Prime or Corruption, but the first Prime was certainly groundbreaking. Amazing graphics, music, controls, replay value, everything felt right. And it was Metroid. In 3D.

4.Super Smash Bros Melee

One of my most played games, it improved so much on the first Smash I never stopped playing it regularly until Brawl came out. Brilliant.

5.Super Mario Sunshine

Screw the haters, such an incredibly fun game, I had a blast with it. Sure it got repetitive in the last stars and somethings felt a little off, but it was a different and refreshing setting for a Mario game and highly addicitve.

6.Eternal Darkness

I don't know if Silicon Knight's a one trick pony or not (Twin Snakes was a remake, so doesn't count :P), but damn this game is awesome. The graphics were dated, but everything else was just down right amazing. The best narrative and voice acting I've ever seen in a game, great magick and insanity system, amazing art and design, it's the kind of game that doesn't come out to often.

7.Resident Evil 4

Wow. Finally a Resident Evil that didn't bore me to death. There's not much to say that everyone else doesn't know. One of the best games last gen.

8.F-Zero GX

I FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED!

Seriously, what an awesome game, it's a shame it didn't sell as well as it deserved it's a testament to racing games everywhere and my favourite one. It's so hard, but soooo good.

9.Pikmin 2

Improved on the first one in everything, even though it lacks the sense of urgency of the original it more than makes up for it. A gorgeous and original game, I remember feeling sorry for Pikmin when they died and I heard their little screams. ;_; So sad. I also remember laughing when they died because they were being retarded. Come one Pikmin 3!

10.Viewtiful Joe

Aah the Capcom 5...

Viewtiful Joe was the probably the coolest IP Capcom came up with recently, even though the first one still is the best. Awesome style, funny, challenging and groovy. Henshin a go-go baby!

I don't like doing lists, it's hard to say which games I prefer, I'm just sure of first 2 and there are loads of other games that have to mentioned like ToS, RS, LM, SMB2, etc..

Haha I know, I'm sorry! I should have probably donned my flame hat for that too! I did pursue the game to completion though and enjoyed most of it. I just don't really 'get' how everyone adores it quite so much. It's a great game but definitely not in my top ten. Although, I'm sure the reason I find it a little button bashy is just because I am not l337 enough at it!

Yeh I agree any button basher going up against someone who knows what they're doing would get slaughtered!

1: Smash Bros. Melee

2: Resident evil (original)

3: Killer 7

4: Pikmin

5: Luigis Mansion

6: Timesplitters 2

7: Resident evil 4

8: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

9: Zelda: Wind Waker

10: XIII

1. Metroid Prime

2. Super Smash Bros Melee

3. F-Zero GX

4. Animal Crossing

5. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

6. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

7. Pikmin 2

8. The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker

9. Super Mario Sunshine

10. The Legend Of Zelda: Four Sword Adventures

This is what Wind Waker should have been.
Erm....No.

Wind Waker should have been anything but Twilight Princess, because it wasn't supposed to be anything like it anyway:heh:

All it needed was it's extra Temple and the need for exploration throughout the game instead of the end and it would have been amazing. That and a bit of boss hardness...

TP on the other hand...

Mario Galaxy has more feel of a world with just the part before Peach gets kidnapped than the whole of Twilight Princess.

Not that I didn't enjoy TP, I went back to it the other day to help inspire my RPG...It was just overhyped, and lacking character (and direction).

5. Fifa 2003...is one of the best fifas around.[/i]

"And as you can imagine, that's up against some pretty stiff competition:indeed: " - Blackadder

1. Tales of Symphonia

2. Super Smash Brothers Melee

3. Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker

4. Phantasy Star Online : Ep 1&2

5. Fire Emblem : Path of Radiance

6. Baten Kaitos :EWatLO

7. Skies of Arcadia Legends

8. Metroid Prime 2

9. Metal Gear Solid : The Twin Snakes

10. Starfox Assualt

10. Resident Evil: Remake

I always wanted to own Resident Evil but never owned a playstation, so I was overjoyed when it was finally time for a proper Resident Evil title to grace its gory self upon the Gamecube. It looked beautiful and played

wonderfully. I did not however. Constantly running out of ammo and too scared to venture further forward I gave up quite quickly. I always want to go back and play again but for some reason I never quite manage it.

9. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

This game scared me. A lot. The sanity meter was quite revolutionary and possibly the best feature about ED. More often than not I would get drunk, turn off all the lights, lose my sanity and see what happened. I want a sequel please.

8. Mario Kart: Double Dash

This instalment of the Mario Kart franchise was...OK. More often than not I found myself playing alone as my friends much preffered its predecessor, Mario Kart 64 - as did I. The single player was solid, although infuriating when playing a lighter kart and getting knocked off the edge at a pivital moment.

7. Super Mario Sunshine

Again, a solid game but not as good as it's predecessor. The inclusion of F.L.U.D.D. was a good feature although not something I would want to return again. The story was...average, mainly due to the all-too-sudden entrance of Bowser Jr and no mention of Bowser's other seven children. I never did collect every shine sprite and I probably never will.

6. Pikmin

A great start to a great new franchise. I loved every aspect of this game and completed it several times. Even now I find myself going back to it every so often. Unlike most fans I actually liked the 30-day limit, which, in my opinion gave it a sense of urgency and therefore more challenging.

5. Luigi's Mansion

The first game I bought on the Gamecube. Often described as too short but in my book this game needn't have been any longer, if it had it would have dragged. Due to the score system and constant want to get a bigger and bigger house upon completion I sometimes find myself playing this all the way through even now.

4. Animal Crossing

A game I wanted so much I imported it from Australia as it looked as though Europe wasn't getting a release date. I tried explaining this game to many people but it never came off sounding as good as it actually was...and still is. I eagerly await the Wii version.

3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Wow. The graphics. Brilliant. I loved everything about this game bar the length, it needed to be longer. The story enveloped me, as did the new Link and the world he lived in. I almost never tired of sailing, and when I did I simply used the much-loved warp function. I would love a proper home-console sequel to this but alas it may never be.

2. Metroid Prime

Having played but never owned previous Metroid incarnations, "Metroid Prime" was one of my most anticipated titles of the Gamecube era. When it finally came it failed at nothing. It was visually stunning and captivated my attention for days, weeks, and months on end. I've since gone back to play it numerous times, and always enjoyed it.

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee

The reason I bought a Gamecube. This was, and is, my most played Gamecube game ever. Whether friends were round or not I constantly played this game until my thumbs swelled and cried through over-use. Gaming at it's best.

1. Tales of Symphonia

My top Cube game and favourite RPG. Got this for Xmas after reading from NGC and ti got my interest straight away and the graphical art style caught me. After telling my parents to get me this or Prime 2 for Xmas, I got this. Straight away I feel in love with it. From the starting sequance and the first fight I couldn't stop and played it for hours on end. Fantastic set of characters, a story that I never thought off and and great battle system. This was also probably the most a game has moved me before. With an amazing set of side quests and hell of a lot to do, it was pretty much perfect and still love it to this day.

2. Smash Bros Melee

I remember getting this the day after the release so clearly. Went to Electronic Boutique to get my pre-order and couldn't wait till I got home. I even remember my aunt trying to put me off the game but I was having none off it. Got home and got addicted to it. So much fun beating up Peach and Jigglypuff and trying to get every trophy. Spent countless hours on this, never mind playing this pretty much up till Brawl with friends. It's a game that will always be fun and sometihng you can have a great laugh with.

3. Phantasy Star Online

What a game and experience. Remember the postman delivering it as I went to high school and couldn't wait to get home. Made a FOmar named Gohan and clocked well over 500 hours on that character alone. Loved this game, especially going online with it. Even though there was 4 areas, I never got bored off it at all. The experience was fantastic after the worries how it wouldn't actually be online, then looking for a modem/broadband adapter. The one thing that turned me off was when my character got corrupted. My guy was pretty legit, done everything without cheating, but after that day I felt empty inside. Then I went down the path of a cheater to try and get my guy back. Duplicating items, raising stats and level and eventually a temp ban from going online. Still never got him. This is a game I really want to play online again.

4. The Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker

The return off Link, but in a different way.The graphics will never age in this game, so colourfull. I remember making theories with a friend on this, how Link must off got amnesia and didn't age due to the Tri Force (didn't know at the time it was different Links). Loved the temples and sailing. Hell even the Tri Force hunting, though it was incomplete, was still fun. So much to look and search for and the shock I got when I seen a glimpse of Ganondorf. Going to the old Hyrule was a nice feeling aswell and you got the feeling of desperation.

5. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

I watched the trailer for this numerous times on a DVD I got from a magazine. It really got my interest and soon as it was released I got it. Different combat system, side quests, loads of unlockables, much to do, it was a great game. The plot itselt was good and a huge twist that I just never seen coming. A long RPG I spent hours on, and some bosses were damn hard to beat. When I heard that the sequal wasn't going to be released in Europe, I looked at my trusty Free Loader...

6. Skies of Arcadia Legends

I only heard good things about this game from previous DreamCast and Cube owners. At first due to lack of money as I didn't have a job then, I had to wait a while for the game. Finally at my local GAME as I was getting BK, I seen this in the pre-owned section and snapped it up right away. Loved this game and again spent hours on it. The whole ship part was great aswell and at first I questioned it, but loved it soon after. The only downfall of this game was the random battles. Maybe every 2 steps and you'd have to fight. You always felt the need to continue and see what happened and there was some great characters in the game. I still hope for a sequal.

7. Baten Kaitos Origins

All thanks to the Free Loader.Seen this when I was on holiday in America, straight away I picked it up. Brand new aswell and a game I was searching for while I was over there. It took me a while to actually start the game but when I did it was fantastic. It was pretty good seeing everything and a load of characters back several years ago and it was quite interesting to see the events leading up to ETatLO. The plot aswell kept you guessing at what was going on when you kept entering a different world in ruins and returning to the normal one again. The fighting system was slightly altered but it's still a game that fans of the first game should try and get while they can. Like the last, some bosses where hellish to beat like Giacamo and the boss straight on the second disc. Who can forget Guillo calling Milly a wench and threatning to destroy her, and at times everyone around him. The plot was a huge mystery and fed you little bits of information at a time. You knew there was going to be a twist/s and soemthing was wrong, but just not know how things would turn out.

8. Metroid Prime

The first 3D adventure with Samus. This was hard deciding which was better for me. Prime 1 or 2? I went with Prime since some parts where lovely, Phanandra Heights for expample, and Ridley causing trouble made it better. Huge land to explore, many expansions and nice weaponary to get, it was truelly a great game. Thanks to the Stars Catalogue I got this for free, so i can complain.

9. Starfox Assualt

Seen this on sale in HMV at £5. As a fan of StarFox I got this straight away. Although it's no Lylay Wars (C'mon Nintendo), it's still a great Arcade like game that you can keep playing over and over again. The Arwing sections where great and beating up Star Wolf again was fun in itself. Even the on foot parts where enjoyable shooting and blowing things up, then trying to get better rankings was rather hard. Enjoyable never the less.

10. Sonic Mega Collection

For the last spot, I was torn between this, Sonic Adventure 2 and StarFox Adventures. So I went for this for this reason. All the great 2D Sonic games all on one tiny disc. Having all the 2D Sonic games before me was great (thanks to Sonic Gems) so lots of time was spent speeding through levels and collecting Chaos Emeralds to turn Super Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and even eventually Hyper Sonic :heh: Can never get bored of these classics.

Making this list was really hard, and over time, it will probably change. I've yet to get Fire Emblem which will probably be in my top 10, and the games I was torn between might change. Notable mentions are Sonic Adventure 2. Great game. Speeding through levels with Sonic and Shadow, hunting with Knuckles and Rouge and finally destroying things as Tails and Eggman. Although people dislike 3D Sonics, this is still a great game with an amazing sound track.

Also StarFox Adventures is under rated. A huge game, looks lovely and replayed many times. It's worth a mention.

Woo 10,000th post. VOTE TALES PEOPLE!!

1. Super Smash Bros Melee

2. Metroid Prime

3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

4. Tales of Symphonia

5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

6. Super Mario Sunshine

7. Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1&2

8. Star Fox Adventures

9. Mario Kart: Double Dash

10. Baten Kaitos

Almost made it:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Right, here they are. In no particualar order.

1 Xiii

The best shooter of the last gen consoles for me. If it weren't for some annoying stealth sections, this could have been as good as a certain N64 title we all seem to like.

2 Super Mario Sunshine

I don't care what you say. This is an improvement on Mario 64.

3 Resident Evil 4

A truly unnerving experience and one of the best games of all time.

4 Killer 7

Is it art?

5 Zelda TP

How much juice does the cube have in it?

6 Zelda WW

Not the best Zelda, but even the worse Zelda is better than most games.

7 Metroid Prime

Kept true to the classics, whilst creating a whole new experience on the cube.

8 Rogue Squadron 2

thank god this was rushed out for launch, because RS3 was a lesson in how to over indulge.

9 Viewtiful Joe

proving that the tried and tested formulas never get old when shown a bit of TLC.

10 Ikaruga

really does take a lifetime to master. i'll still be trying to beat this when i'm 70