NEurope
Fandango

Reggie Teases, "Big Holiday Game to Be Revealed At E3"

Not to be mean, but it's extremely hard to read your posts as they're in txt/1337 sp33k.

What's even worse is he doesn't own Mario Galaxy :heh:

For this big new game, what kind of franchise appeals to everyone from casual to hardcore gamers? As of the games that haven't been released yet on Wii I can really only think of Animal Crossing. I'd like to see it but also a totally new franchise from Nintendo :)

I just hate the look of animal crossing, puts me off playing it. I had a go on the DS one for an hour and thought it was mind-numbingly dull and it sucked the life out of me.

I don't see how anyone can have fun from tapping a river to catch fish.

Sorry.

I just hate the look of animal crossing, puts me off playing it. I had a go on the DS one for an hour and thought it was mind-numbingly dull and it sucked the life out of me.

I don't see how anyone can have fun from tapping a river to catch fish.

Sorry.

But people buy it and enjoy it. Isn't that enough to prove that it's doing something right?

Yeah, I wasn't denying its success, I guess I'm just not the kind of person that suits it.

Don't you just find it repetitive though? A lot of people may like it because it is over-simplistic and don't find it much of a challenge to do well.

There isnt really one big goal to it.

Might not be a challenge, but it'll take sometime to do most things in the game which is always a good thing.

For the Wii version they really need to change it and add more compared to the Cube or DS version or people who already own it won't bother buying the game to do the same thing. And online isn't enough.

Yeah Animal Crossing on the DS is a really great game, but I'm not really excited by the prospect of doing it all again on the Wii because I drilled alot of time into the DS version- and still there is plenty for me to go back and do. The Wii one will need good additions and whatnot, I feel, if people who got into the previous games are to come back for more.

Older characters that I would like to see revived in some capacity are the likes of Raphael the Raven and the criminally overlooked Tatanga.

I'd love to see NES (or another format maybe) games downloadable to the DS (Ala previous GC/GBA link-up). It would be a great way to "sell" VC games too. I would like more "meat" to a newer version of AC. Maybe balls should return so people can play sports with visitors to their towns. (Dig four holes for goal posts-Or one for a single-goal.) And how about hidden caves to explore for rarer items etc at a (much needed) improved beach area? Also the option to place your house is a MUST. (No more answering cryptic clues). Infact, I'd like to see the whole town as moveable. Have it how you want then everyone's town is totally unique.

I'd also like to see a global WIFI store where you can buy ANY created items from ANYONE. Resulting in the seller getting the buyers bells. Ala My Sims...Furniture creation is a must too. (This should all be presented on a HUGE international wifi catalogue searchable by "mii" or FC and accessible from a point at Nooks (maybe a PC or DS.)

Finally, I'd like to see a walkman feature where your character can wear it and you can then listen to the KK tracks. Perhaps even your own mp3's.

I love Animal Crossing...yet I wish for so much more.

An update of F-Zero with online and track editor, mii support would be marvelous.

Kid Icarus please. With Pit's appearance in Brawl, they have to revive the franchise. It makes perfect sense.

Yeah, I'm sure that a lot of what you talked about will be implemented. I'm not sure they'll bring back balls, though I hope that they do. They were a lot of fun in the GC version.

I'm sure there'll be a lot more though as they've never really designed the game specifically for a machine more capable than the DS before. Sure there was the GC version, but that was just a re-tooling of the N64 version. I'm certain that with a version made from the ground up for the Wii we'll see bigger towns, more features and more versatile characters - as with bigger towns the need for a bicycle or some such will be greater.

Considering how the team "recently got together", I doubt they have enough time to even consider doing a trailer. Next year, yea but I still think to early for this year.

Considering how the team "recently got together", I doubt they have enough time to even consider doing a trailer. Next year, yea but I still think to early for this year.

They were makeing it before they made TP for Nintendo Wii.

No they didn't. The game they menioned was Twilight Princess for the Wii.

Miyamoto and Aonuma are lying bastards.

"Have you started work on Zelda Revolution?"

"Yes, yes, we're well into production, it's coming along reeeeeeal nice!"

Six months later.

"BEHOLD TWILIGHT PRINCESS!"

Miyamoto and Aonuma are lying bastards.

"Have you started work on Zelda Revolution?"

"Yes, yes, we're well into production, it's coming along reeeeeeal nice!"

Six months later.

"BEHOLD TWILIGHT PRINCESS!"

When did they say that? You're a liar :P

Zelda will not be revealed this year. Its just too early. Unless its something smaller like FSA. Perhaps a zelda on Wii ware.

Kid Icarus would be quite good if it had: Metroid Aiming, Mario Galaxy Plat-forming and Zelda style puzzles and dungeons. But that isn't really going to attract casual gamers like Reggie said this game would.

It will most likely be Either Animal Crossing, Pickmen, or a new IP. Animal crossing would need to have way more stuff in it though if they're expecting a huge number of sales from the cores, maybe if they made it slightly more like harvest moon with exploration being a factor.

When did they say that? You're a liar :P

Back when it was Revolution! I kid you not, let me try and find the interview where they claimed Zelda Revolution was well into development.

Zelda will not be revealed this year. Its just too early. Unless its something smaller like FSA. Perhaps a zelda on Wii ware.

My WiiWare obsession pays off: I've been told by someone that Nintendo are either considering or making smaller installments in the Advance Wars and Zelda series' for WiiWare.

My WiiWare obsession pays off: I've been told by someone that Nintendo are either considering or making smaller installments in the Advance Wars and Zelda series' for WiiWare.

Oooh, very interested I am.

I hope at some point they get capcom to make another minor zelda game, perhaps on wii ware. They did such a great job on minnish cap.

Back when it was Revolution! I kid you not, let me try and find the interview where they claimed Zelda Revolution was well into development.

I reckon that someone is telling the truth and we will see something like this at E3...like episodes of Zelda you mean? That'll be cool!

Oooh, very interested I am.

I reckon that someone is telling the truth and we will see something like this at E3...like episodes of Zelda you mean? That'll be cool!

It's not confirmed, bear that in mind. But yeah, smaller Zelda titles, maybe something like FS.

I hope at some point they get capcom to make another minor zelda game, perhaps on wii ware. They did such a great job on minnish cap.

Clover Studios handled those projects, unfortunately they're now closed. But I agree, Minish Cap was fantastic.

It's not confirmed, bear that in mind. But yeah, smaller Zelda titles, maybe something like FS.

Yeah I know, but they could be very good, especially if they supported DLC. Like Advance Wars could allow new missions and maybe new units? Zelda could add new dungeons and hopefully support Wifi if they do a FS game. Unless of course it's Pay to Play which would spoil it. Unless it's cheap.