NEurope
Fandango

Reggie Teases, "Big Holiday Game to Be Revealed At E3"

Looking forward to some new Nintendo announcements? Might want to hold tight until about July, according to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. He tells Geoff Keighley on the newest GameTrailers TV that the company will be announcing the second half of '08's line-up at E3. What's on tap? Mostly misdirection and fanboy teasing, it sounds like.

When asked if the orchestra conductor demo from E3 2006 would make an appearance, Reggie said "Who knows? Maybe that's one of the things we'll talk about at E3." He similarly dodged a Donkey Kong Wii question.

Fils-Aime said that Nintendo's post-E3 releases will be "maximizing all of our key franchises," teasing something the hardcore userbase will be frothing over. F-Zero? Pilotwings? Something Zelda-related? What is it?!

Reggie was cagey. "There's gonna be a big game for the holiday that the gamers will want," he said. "All I can tell you is what we announce during E3 is gonna be fantastic. The gamer is gonna be excited and the expanded audience is gonna be excited."

Who wants to start making some educated guesses? I've got a rupee on Kid Icarus. Wait, scratch that. Tingle Prime.

Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/368326/reggie-teas...revealed-at-e3

Pretty interesting, hopefully will be a new IP! Wouldn't mind a new F-Zero though, the Gamecube game was godly.

I'm fed up with Nintendo pulling shit like this, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not believing a single thing until I see it.

He should have done something productive with his time like give the EU a Brawl date.

A game??!?!?! 'Game'? GAME - singular!!!??

I hope there are more than ONE game we want this xmas!!!

If it's one game then it's blatantly Animal Crossing!!!

We need to have AT LEAST three AAA games this xmas - Pikmin 3, AC and Kid Icarus would be a start!! Though Disaster better turn out incredible, wouldn't mind an FZero, some new IP's.......

Nintendo, you have an opportunity to absolutely dominate this generation - don't fuck it up!!!!

Agreed, the game in question IS Animal Crossing! Thats Nintendo's big holiday game. Which will appeal to ' casual gamers' and the 'hardcore' Nintendo fans. However it's unlikely to see a release in Europe till 2009.

I'm expecting Wii Music, Pikmin 3 and Disaster to crop up as well! Around September-November 2008.

A surprise game, could well be a game featuring 'PIT'. I reckon it will play like Galaxy/Pilot Wings as you fly around different 'Greek' (Not Roman, lol) type islands (using the wii-mote to fly like a plane for example, but obviously your Pit), i believe the level in Brawl is a indication of what to expect actually!

So thats 5 games for the rest of 2008, seems about right to me, thats my guesses anyway, which is probably wrong, like always! : peace:

Argh, I hate Animal Crossing.

Guess I'll be buying a PS3 this Christmas.

Big holiday game? Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Believe.

I already believe.

'gamers' and the 'hardcore'.

What.

A surprise game, could well be a game featuring 'PIT'. I reckon it will play like Galaxy/Pilot Wings as you fly around different 'Roman' type islands (using the wii-mote to fly like a plane for example, but obviously your Pit), i believe the level in Brawl is a indication of what to expect actually!
Not going to happen. Pit is Greek.

Pay close attention, it will be revealed somewhere between all the stats and figures and other useless shit he gives us every year.

Pay close attention, it will be revealed somewhere between all the stats and figures and other useless shit he gives us every year.

Brain Training 3 then.

It's clearly gonna be brawl.

How can they unveil Brawl at E3? They unveiled it about 2 years ago! It's allready been released in Japan and the US.

What he's saying is that we're going to find out about a game we previously didn't know about. Perhaps Kid Icarus, perhaps Animal Crossing, perhaps a brand new IP.

I'm holding my fingers crossed it won't be another casual game. It would be a godsent if Nintendo finally would release a Gran Turismo beater. I mean, every console with self respect has had a swing at it. Sega did it, Microsoft did it, and of course Sony themselves have GT.

Maybe the next Zelda (or not) but I'm pretty confident, whatever it is, he blew it out of proportion.

Animal Crossing is a good shout i'm thinking that will be the first pay to play online game as well

I already believe.

What.

Not going to happen. Pit is Greek.

Oh yeah! Pit is Greek, sorry! My mistake!

Yeah 'Gamers' as in casual gamers and 'hardcore' as in Nintendo fans i meant!

Lylat Wars 2 sil vous plait. A real sequel.

I doubt there'll be that big an announcement.

Perhaps It will be an MMO game, It could have animal crossing elements so casuals will like it but also some MMORPG elements so gamers will like it.

Or perhaps it will be something so entirely new and different that we wont be able to come close to guessing what it is.

"Maximising all of our key franchises"

I'll hold him to that.

Metroid Pinball 2

Zelda gaming quiz

Mario bowling

Starfox tank racing

Pikmin creator

Animal crossing: going on safari

F-Zero 50cc

Brawl in europe june 6th 2009

Thanks for hype Reggie!

I'm hoping they announce some decent first-party DS games that don't end with the word "Training".

Some of those don't sound too bad. It could easily be Animal crossing but I think if they just revealed animal crossing it would be a pretty short keynote. I think unless animal crossing becomes an MMO or has more stuff to do in it, its not going to be very popular with the hard cores this time around.

Perhaps we'll get a 3rd balance board game revealed.

i think it will be

a proper donkey kong game, or a proper pokemon game for wii,

also pikmin wii or ds and smash ds , who knows

Perhaps we'll get a 3rd balance board game revealed.

Wii Fit, We Ski and All-Star Cheer Squad.

To be honest, I expect NIntendo to unveil some amazing games. Naive? Maybe; but I think Nintendo have played a perfect stratgey, get the casuals on board, release a few key franchises and then go for the gamers. Nintendo have the casual market nailed on, if they released some killer games than who wouldn't want a Wii?

Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Starfox, 1080, Waverace, FZero, Mario Sports will all get new version over the next two years.

Plus casual + hardcore games - Wii Music, Pilotwings, Wii Motor Sports.

New IP like Disaster, Monoloith's new one, Nspace etc.

Nintendo could destroy this year!!!!

Next year release new Wii colours, Wii Sports 2 and voila competition truly destroyed :)

We're also still to see Factor 5's project. I'm looking forward to that.

In my opinion animal crossing, f zero and the new zelda will be shown, but they wont be the games that he was about