NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raining_again

Tech Support

Thread inspired by my experience of some...interesting...tech support we received this weekend.

Have you ever had stupidly poor tech support?

This weekend for some unknown reason our internet decided to pack it in much to my complete horror (anyone that knows me will know i go into withdrawal without a day on the pc)

My father was on the phone to pipex customer support (now tiscali i believe) last night. The bloke that answered was an indian (no harm to them but ffs) and it was blatently obvious that he had NO TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER.

He told my father that basically we had downloaded too much (unlimited internet connection - and our downloads are nowhere near the fair use policy figure) My dad started to lose the plot..Then this guy actually completely backed out and told him to ring netgear tech support.

He rang again this morning and got a female indian......yes...... But this girl seemed to have her head screwed on okay. She said she'd log a call with bt to test the line.

So we logged on the pc tonight...And the internet is working.

RAWWRRRRR.

Try Virgin media. I had a problem with slow speeds not long ago (to be fair this is the only problem i have ever had with them).

So anyways i was on the phone for over 2 hours and in the end he went "oh actually there is a problem in your area sorry for the inconvenience". This was after him making me run test after test. I was so pissed, i asked about any problems in my area right at the start too...

Orange, all you have to do is search the net for reviews to see how patheticall poor they are, I'm sorry but when I call up saying my internet is down I don't particularly want to hear

''oh yes several people are down and it could be down for months'' and yet we still had to pay. So we changed with them. Pathetic, I always had to talk to an indian, now same as you raining there's nothing wrong with indians but they have had no training on how to deal with any problems whatsoever.

Stupid utterly stupid, this is the only thing I like about sky, every person we talk to knows exactly what the problem is.

Sign in to follow this