NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
D_prOdigy

Save the Retro games - do your bit

My GameStation has a few Tales of Symphonias actually for £17.99 which to be fair, is a great price. I hope my GS will get a Fire Emblem in for the Cube. Benn looking for that game for months now.

My friends broke two copies of Smash Bros. Melee, thanks for reminding me about a new copy. :heh:

I had wondered why Gamestation had gone from cool retro stockists to piss poor Gamecube stockists, they had practically nothing the last time I visited them, and I was quite pissed. Thank god Fopp is coming back to Edinburgh or Id go completely mad.

Another Scot has joined the forums...

Welcome :awesome:

I'm hoping for this sale soon, cause i'm desperate for Fire Emblem for the Cube. I check 3 times a week in GameStation and GAME.

Another Scot has joined the forums....

Im technically Irish, not actually Scottish, but thanks for the welcome and I love your country its never made me feel anything but at home.

I'm hoping for this sale soon, cause i'm desperate for Fire Emblem for the Cube. I check 3 times a week in GameStation and GAME.

You know they've released a Wii version of that now?

Yip as Tellyn said, that was a sequal. But for a game that got released recently (not even two weeks yet), i've barely seen it anywhere.

Does anyone know if they're doing the same in north america or is this just in the european stores?

I went in today and got Kuru Kuru Kururin, Advance Wars, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. £20.

They've pretty much neutered all retro stock, those were the only good GBA games, and the GameCube games were really crap.

Late getting back on this one... but Retro Games aside (and that is a shame) the service I have recived at GAME has been awful and the staff seem trained in the hard sell to clueless parient types leaving those who know there games with a nasty taste in there mouth (if its the way there trained however its not there fault as such I know) the totally opposite to Game station. To me Game are the PC WORLD of gaming.

Case in point (heres a wee story) I went to Game and bought a second hand PSP, when I got to the counter I was told ''these (the 2nd hand ones) normally come with a memory stick but this one does not have one but we can sell you one for £20'' Anyway I say so no they offer me a second hand one for £12 (only after of course) I get this down too £2 as I remembered I had Pro Evo DS to trade in at this point. They should have put the memory stick in with the PSP for nothing as the other 2nd hand PSPs has been sold at the same price with them. I just didnt think too say at the time. I leave the shop only too see they had over charged me £20 anyway (im not kidding!).

I go back and expain ao the girl who served me and she does a refund, chuckling as she does ( I just thought it was really iniproriate- I can have a laugh but it was not the time -maybe you had to be there- any way I was polite though out).

I got my Wii at Game Station and it was a totally different and better service.

I get most of my games online but this is sad day for highstreet game shopping.

Ive read there keeping the brands seperate for a year then proberbly mearging them, it will suck.

Game brought gamestation now gamestation is slowly being morphed into game outlets. The shame of it all. But I NEED to get to GS sometime this/ next week.

Sign in to follow this