NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ssj

Student loan help

I start university next september. I definately have a place since I graduated from college last june ( taking a gap year) I want to start applying for my student loan. Does anyone have any useful websites I could use?

Thanks

The next payment is this month RIGHT?

I think I might have misunderstood your question...but the next installment we get is the 31st March.

:)

I think I might have misunderstood your question...but the next installment we get is the 31st March.

:)

Can't come quick enough...hence the selling of games.

I have fuck all in my account, so I know how you feel, mate. :(

To the threadstarter: Eevil's link is probably the one you need.

I'd definetly say studentfinance, never heard of using slc before...0.o

Same thing isn't it?

I have fuck all in my account, so I know how you feel, mate. :(

Yeah ditto, fun times.

:(

Well the logo is the same, if that's again to go by, but I've only ever been giving the studentfinance website through college.

Why not just get a job. (shock) the big fucking M are always looking for people.

Why not just get a job. (shock) the big fucking M are always looking for people.

Because a job doesn't always cover everything?

3grand for the course

4grand for living

Thats not including food, internet and whatnot, I have a job at 200/300 quid a month and it just isn't enough..>_>

Plus, it depends on how intense your course is. I've got a placement which means I'm out of the house from half past 6 and get home at 5. 5 days a week. Your weekend gets taken up for planning, marking, and other course work. It's rubbish.

I used to have a job, until the company I worked for went into administration. It's been downhill since then! :(

I've been told to have a job for the first year but if you have long hours it becomes impossible in the second.

I've been told to have a job for the first year but if you have long hours it becomes impossible in the second.

I had a job for the first half of my third year, and then was job-less for the placement. Probably did turn out better for me in the longrun, but still, not good.

My advice: Work fuck loads during the summer. I did last year, and that's how I got by. 40 or so hours a week, optional Saturdays, it has to be done. :D

Yeah, I need a new job really, it was great when I was working 20odd hours for them now they've cut my hours down to 8 a week which gets me about 100quid a month, so I'm looking for another now while I can get some money in before uni.

My next loan installment is 7th April, I'm about 600 into the over draft so this shall take me back to the other side.

Same thing isn't it?

Yup.

I even think the slc site directs you to studentfinancedirect.

I actually typed up a reply earlier but got caught up at work. Basically the SLC operate Student Finance Direct who I assume now distribute the loans? Not really sure why they've added this extra arm though. I'm sure all of my loan was paid directly by the SLC and all of my stuff about repayment has been directly through them.

Just seems a bit odd to me that they've added this extra part.

Studentfinance website instead of slc isn't an extra part it's exactly the same website.

Just looks different.

I had a job for the first half of my third year, and then was job-less for the placement. Probably did turn out better for me in the longrun, but still, not good.

My advice: Work fuck loads during the summer. I did last year, and that's how I got by. 40 or so hours a week, optional Saturdays, it has to be done. :D

U worked 40 hours a week wow are u going to get a shock in the real world. 40 hours is a standard week. try working 23 hour days lol.

U worked 40 hours a week wow are u going to get a shock in the real world. 40 hours is a standard week. try working 23 hour days lol.

I don't see your point. Did you even read my previous post? I'm currently on a placement, where I'm up at half 5, and not back in my house til around half 5, again. And unlike the beauty of other courses, our placement isn't paid. We have to pay for our own travel expenses, which do get reimbursed at the end of the year, but that doesn't help you a lot during the placement, since you kinda need the money in the first place. Getting it a few months down the line isn't gonna help so much. And don't let me start on the planning side of things, which eat into your social life outside of the workplace. ;)

I worked 40 hours a week standard in the summer, in a call-centre, and loved every second of it. Then, I worked Saturdays, which were optional, and did every bit of over-time that I could. So, we're talking another good bunch of hours there. As soon as work was over, I'd go out and get drunk with my mates, and go back into work again the next morning.

Then, as soon as uni started up, before my placement began, I was working a maximum of 32 hour weeks, alongside working on modules and assignments and so forth.

Again, I loved every second of it. So, please don't patronise me and talk about me not knowing about the real world.

I do 30+ hours a week as it is. I'd rather just fuck off a job and live in poverty and have some fun with the time off I get.

Oh, and I've done 40 hours a week. They're not that bad.

Sign in to follow this