NEurope
tapedeck

Smash Bros...What's next?!

It it just me or have Nintendo ended all possibilities of us seeing a Smash Bros sequel for the next one hundred years!

A BRIEF HISTORY OF SMASH BROS.

The idea of Smash Bros apparently came from an idea shared by Masahiro Sakurai and Satoru Iwata - Titled "Dragon King: The Fighting Game". Although, originally featuring no Nintendo characters, Sakurai noted that the inclusion of Nintendo franchises (in order to provide atmosphere) would be necessary for a home console fighting game. Furthermore the original Smash Bros only had a small budget and little promotion. It was also originally a Japan-only release, but its success (1.9 million copies sold) saw the game released worldwide. - Proving fruitfull as over 2million fights were sold in the USA.

Smash Bros has changed massively since its somewhat "innocent" starting points. (Dolls coming to life to a...BRAWL (with added 3rd party love)).

SuperSmashinboxes.jpg

So indeed, as per the biggest Nintendo titles to be released, what do you feel that we got from Brawl and what you would you like to see in the future? Perhaps MegaMan etc was what you were hankering for all along.

SOME THOUGHTS:

Has the title now hit it's peak?

Will a title such as Smash Bros only bring unity to an otherwise distant market?

Should Smash Bros always just be about Nintendo only characters?

With a "daily" marketing push, has the internet divulged too much information?

Thoughts as usual :)

Pretty sure Sakurai said something along the lines of "I'm making this game as if it's the last in the series"

Obviously I doubt it will be, but they'll find more stuff to pack in to a new version of the game on the next Nintendo home console. New game modes, a bigger story mode, perhaps more than 4 people playing simultaneously? Anythings possible, especially when you are thinking about what could be done on the next generation of hardware.

smash bros is pretty fleshed out and im sure that there's no way a new title sequel that can be made within 4 years, mk has 1 new every year

Probably in 8 years we'll see a new installment of the series.

I mean, there are still characters to be added, franchises to be represented, music to add, as well as all kinds of innovations.

I just doubt Sakurai will be in charge. It's what I fear, since I tend to love games made by Sakurai.

I think it'll be less than 8, but more than 4. Depends is Sakurai stops developing it in which the game will take decades and will lose polish.

The next Smash Bros will come around the new gen of consoles ie 2013.

I reckon we'll see a handheld version you see. I reckon a couple of years to Gameboy 2 announcement and then a couple of years after release there'll be a watered down portable offering. Ninty would be stupid not to, but they wouldn't be able to pull it off on DS.

I reckon we'll see a handheld version you see. I reckon a couple of years to Gameboy 2 announcement and then a couple of years after release there'll be a watered down portable offering. Ninty would be stupid not to, but they wouldn't be able to pull it off on DS.

Gameboy has been killed off because of the DS.

We will see the new DS in ten years or when nintendo get very low sales with it.

Maybe a super smash brothers ds version will come sometime in the next year. :)

To be honest, when playing Melee I didn't think they could improve the game. At all. And all the new features in Brawl, now I know them, make me go "Ahh yes, that seems necessary!"

So we'll see :D

New DS in 10 years no way I give it say 2 maybe 3. They will blatently put motion sensors in the new DS for tilting action like Wario Ware twisted

Re-release the old melee game with out the super broken baseball bat.

I got KO'd twice with that thing, once with 18% and next at 23%

BANE OF EXISTANCE!!

oh and re-release SB on the VC

I didnt say new DS in 10 years...

He quoted the wrong person dwarf gourami.

I didnt mean that nintendo will keep it going for ten years but the DS still selling strong and nintendo wont just stop backing it for a new DS two version.

Im sort of buzzing inside.

I don't care for other games in the series atm Ive got brawl to play soon!

Super Smash Brothers...ANNIHALATION!

Or you know, something just ridiculously OTT, if it happened.

Like Dyson, I didn't think Brawl could top Melee, from what I've read and heard, it easily has. Can something top that? Probably not. As the dude said, it's been made as the last in the series, and they've pulled out all the stops. Unlike MK, I think a SmashBros game's premise is so simple, it's gonna be a hard one to reinvent again. The best we could probably hope for is some sort of Smash Bros:DS, but I don't think it'd be all that suited to the DS, how would it make use of the touch, and the double screen? Well, it could use the double screen, top as standard view, which'd be small and so...bottom for a close in view of your dood. Either that, or it'll come round in a very later on generation as 'Smash Bros:In the Fray!' where games'll be all advanced and you'll be in sims and shiz and actually using your whole self and there'll be robots everywhere and flying cars and....

What's the coolest thing that could happen?

Super Smash Bros: Finale

Every developer is allowed to sneak in 2 downloadable characters to the roster. Every stage from the series so far included and another bulk added.

Thousands of trophies and stickers.

MMO

They have to make another Smash Bros as I still want Megaman in it!

You have just killed the thread I'm sorry to say. It's going to boil down into......

You have just killed the thread I'm sorry to say. It's going to boil down into......

lol

What the hell is wrong with the Blue Bomber? The little guy is a classic gaming icon and fits into the Smash universe a hell of alot better than Snake.

They have to make another Smash Bros as I still want Megaman in it!

lol!

I don't think there will be another Smash Bros as we know it, to be honest. A horrible thought that but where will gaming be in 7 years????

Everything equal to Brawl, and then a MMO mode :D

Someone can create a room, and then everybody can join (the maximum is 100 people per room)

Then, you are in one big island of portals with ten hearts and 1000 points of respect, you can wander around, searching for friends or for trouble... (In 2D, a island in 2D but with some houses so you can wander around and diferent scenarios so you can travel around)

When you find somebody, you can challenge that guy or add him as a friend, if you add him, you will be friends, and you have a team and you can wander around together and fight with other teams.

If you challenge him, that guy will have to accept the challenge, if he doesn't accept, he'l lose one heart and 100 points.

If he accepts, the challenger can choose the scenario and fight... The loser will lose 2 hearts, the winner will win points (the ammount of points will be choosen by the way the winner played, just like the points you receive at the end of one battle in the Classic Mode of Melee.

Hearts can be found in Shops, for something like 2000 points. If somebody loses all his hearts, he will have to end the game (but he can still see the battles ocurring)

When the time ends (they can go between 1 hour and 10 days), the one with most points win. If the guy has Friends, the friends will also win (you can only have 2 friends).

I know its a stupid Maase/Kid of 14 years old idea, but i love her anyway :P

Maybe they'll go for new controls in the next one. Wiimote isn't really suited for a 2D fighter, but whatever they come up with for Wii2 might be.

Also, graphics, more characters, more online blablabla. Things can always improve, and if Sakurai gets his hands on it again, I'm pretty confident they will.

Perhaps a game very much like it under a different name altogether will arise from the ashes. Who knows all I know is I thinking of canceling my preorder and importing.