NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Xpert Eleven Season 4

Season 1 Winner: Happenstance

Season 2 Winner: Mr_Odwin

Season 3 Winner: Charlie

The season starts today. Matches will be played at 12:30pm.

Everyone needs to get their tactics set up all nicely, except for FC Creamola; their tactics are irrelevant to the outcome. :heh:

I was wondering if we'd get a new thread.

I need to start this season off well, got a tough match against Dyson today.

I was wondering if we'd get a new thread.

I need to start this season off well, got a tough match against Dyson today.

Bit of a contradiction there. :heh:

I'm playing some newly promoted dude.... After I've finished with him he'll be going straight back to where he came from.

aand so another season of overlooking the smaller people begins :P It's just like real football!

I suppose I ought to aim for 4th or higher... the three relegated dudes will be the biggest threat (I'd imagine), so yeah. We'll see :/

Booyah! Really needed to start strong with a win and I did!

What I dont get is one of my midfielders after putting a magnificent game in and getting rated 10 and win the xpert thing has had his form drop whats up with that shit!

Well done to everyone that won.

Horrible start to the season. And training still won't improve the form of those who really need it. Plus two more injuries.

So it'll probably be an easy win for Striderton FC unless my team get their act together.

Booyah! Really needed to start strong with a win and I did!

What I dont get is one of my midfielders after putting a magnificent game in and getting rated 10 and win the xpert thing has had his form drop whats up with that shit!

Well done to everyone that won.

Well played, fully deserved win. Thought I was going to knick a point with my only shot in the match but alas not. Looks like my awesome away form is going to continue

4th! again :P But a new name! Woot.

Very interesting start to the lower league so far... Shore Tea Utd looking strong already, with three breakaway goals. Clearly Roostophe is teh stronger of the three relegated teams :P I guess my narrow win over MadDog United shows I'm in for a tight season again. Coming from 1-0 down with two headers from crosses...

Hard to really judge the strength of the other teams from the first game, but it looks like it's going to be a tricky season. My next match against Moogle's Vipers will be important, plus there are some old scores to settle... I'm going to be crazy and try out my new 'keeper that's just come up from the youth team... A goalkeeper who is an all-rounder and can play in any position. I will most definitely have to try him out as a forward in a friendly :P Also appear to have a couple of injuries...

Any chance of an inter-league tournament or something?

Mcoys off to a strong start. I only pulled a draw thanks to an own goal. Just wait until I get my boys back up to form though, loose some of those celebratory tummy rolls from last week.

Well played, fully deserved win. Thought I was going to knick a point with my only shot in the match but alas not. Looks like my awesome away form is going to continue

Thanks, Im scared when I play you and 64s you both beat me away and home last season so Im glad I broke one of the curses.

I know cup talk hasnt been well recieved when its been brought up. But would there be a chance we could have one at the end of this season? The only reason I ask is that otherwise all there is to go for is the league and the cup adds excitement because freak results mean any team can go for it. Just a thought and I realise the problems with it so if its a no go nevermind.

Want to share those problems with the rest of us? :P

People spend a while with no games.

Then again, can't people still do friendly matches with others that have been knocked out?

I think the main problem with the cup matches last time it was discused was that it would be in place of one of the weekly league matches. So people who got knocked out early on would only be playing once a week. And the season would take twice as long to complete. I didnt really see the problem with either of those 2 points but the majority did so it was discounted.

Can friendlies be played at the same time? Do the tournaments involve everyone or just selected teams? Surely a tournament with 20 teams wouldn't take more than 5 rounds anyway, so it's not too bad?

You can have two matches a week. (Unless everyone wants to buy VIP :heh:.)

If we have a cup then that means after the first round some teams will only have a league match once a week and no other games, and the season will last forever.

Between leagues we could try to organise a 1-legged friendly cup? Names drawn out of a bag and home or away also decided by something suitably random.

Or if most people are up for the 1-league 1-cup system then we can go with that. It would promote inter-league friendliness.

Well a cup mid-season would add two and a half weeks to the season, wouldn't it? That's not too shabby considering the season is two months already.

I think a tournament in between seasons would be pretty cool. Love the chance to play some of the big boys :P

Is it possible to stop the season halfway through and play a tournament on both the Tuesday and Friday matches and then carry the season on afterwards? As someone said, it would only take 2 1/2 so we could always play a tournament at the end of this and those who had been knocked out could play friendlies to keep their form up.

And btw, what happens if we go away, I'm going away in April, I'll be able to set my team for the Tuesday match but most likely not the Friday unless I can find an internet cafe in the French Alps....

Is it possible to stop the season halfway through and play a tournament on both the Tuesday and Friday matches and then carry the season on afterwards? As someone said, it would only take 2 1/2 so we could always play a tournament at the end of this and those who had been knocked out could play friendlies to keep their form up.

And btw, what happens if we go away, I'm going away in April, I'll be able to set my team for the Tuesday match but most likely not the Friday unless I can find an internet cafe in the French Alps....

It's not possible to stop it halfway through. Once its commenced, that's it for the duration.

Going away ... you're screwed! :)

Or ... give your user and password to someone that you trust, with some instructions.

Sorry for coming out of the blue but can someone link me so I can find out more about this?