NEurope
Rummy

360 price cut, a few questions...

I couldnt afford an HDTV but if you have any old monitor its really easy to hook it up to that. I had to buy a few adaptors etc to get my CRT monitor working but I did and it looks lovely. Still I play halo 3 online on my old sdtv and it looks nice to me!

waaaay out of my price range
If you have to go for a budget HDTV there's some 26 inch and 32 inch here for decent(ish) prices, as long as you don't need top name brands.

If you have to go for a budget HDTV there's some 26 inch and 32 inch here for decent(ish) prices, as long as you don't need top name brands.

I;m thinking small tv here, I have to keep it in my room for a while, so 36 really isn't an option,

sigh why does it have to be so difficult to buy a nice tv for 150quid for an xbox ><

nightwolf, won't you have a computer monitor anyway if you're off to university? Or are you going the laptop route?

I have my 360 hooked up to a 22" Dell monitor and it looks great, and it cost me a fraction of the price of a decent HDTV. It might not be as feature-rich as an actual television, but it seems like the sensible path if you're on a budget.

A new tv for it? That's killer, I'd go for a monitor if I could to save a few monies. What's the cost likely to be for getting it to work on a monitor+buying a monitor compared to buying a HDTV capable screen?

Its big it's hd ready, I want it ^.^ @mcmad

I'm not very technical when it comes to tv's and whatnot...I have found a few tvs I'd be willing to buy, so we'll see ^.^

can i get this right, if a tv says it has hdmi input it means it can take say a ps3 or a bluray or a 360 elite and if it says vga it can be used as a monitor?

Its big it's hd ready, I want it ^.^ @mcmad

I'm not very technical when it comes to tv's and whatnot...I have found a few tvs I'd be willing to buy, so we'll see ^.^

You're not buying til the summer are you?

Look around about May/June time, thats the low season for electrical sales. Prices tend to fall from Christmas right the way through to the end of May, then they start to rise again through July, all the way up to Christmas.

You'll probably be looking at around £300 for a good 26" and sub-£400 for 32". Smaller than that the prices tend to be crappy :(

As others have said, if that out of you're budget then a PC monitor is the next best thing. That, or a 28" or larger CRT.

Well I can't really buy anything bigger than like 22 at this rate, I'm being deadly serious that my room is tiny, we'll see I cannot really afford anything more than 200 XD

Even though I've got a 24" CRT TV, I'm gonna get myself a 360 on Friday. Should be good enough for now....

Definitely gonna get COD4 with it.....dunno which other game I should get. Maybe PGR4 or FIFA/PES.

You can go places like ebuyer, overclockers, scan.

For a good 22" you'll have to go just a little over £200. Still, that's frickin cheap for a TV considering what the prices were only a year or two ago.

£400 for mine second hand, now it's outdated and not sold anywhere.

Maybe, but I'm not exactly wanting to fork out so bloody much for a tv that'll only be used for an xbox360...-.-, maybe I need to go hunting.

The tv's'll have inbuilt freeview no doubt if you get one. Your 360 will be a dvd player aswell so there's something else it'll be used for. If you set up file sharing with your pc then there's something else the tv would be used for. What else would you use a tv for?

I wonder if tv's'll can be used...

Grab yourslef a Panasonic 26" mine was ?350 from ASDA and it shits all over Samsung and Sony TV's

________

Acrylic vaporizer

Edited by fex

The tv's'll have inbuilt freeview no doubt if you get one. Your 360 will be a dvd player aswell so there's something else it'll be used for. If you set up file sharing with your pc then there's something else the tv would be used for. What else would you use a tv for?

I wonder if tv's'll can be used...

The tv is mostly going to be used to the xbox, thats the problem, either way I don't want to fork out most of my 18th birthday money on it :(

Well here's 2 models for you to keep an eye on:

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~TOS-20W330DB~dept~ctv~subdept~LCDTV~brand~toshiba.htm

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~SHA-LC20AD5E~dept~ctv~subdept~LCDTV~brand~sharp.htm

The Sharp is really good. The problem with most TVs under 26" is they are basically computer monitors with a TV tuner strapped to the back and a remote control. Basically they run at PC Monitor resolutions (usually 1440x900). This means HD stuff is stretched to them, really not worth £200-£250 of anyone's money.

Those 2 models are of the minority, in that they run in 720p. See what i meant by expensive?

I'd go for the Sharp, £270 on Amazon.co.uk and it's apparently a very good set.

Very, why it has to be so difficult to get a nice telly under 200quid I don't know, but for some reason it is. I'm unlucky not to know much about them either, so it's more going off the price and size -.-