NEurope
Caris

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Might pick it up then, where did you get it from Adam?

Ebay for a tenner.

The MGS Trilogy re-release in the US is just on standard PSOne and PS2 discs meaning we cant play it over here. Would it have been so hard to release it on blu instead? Im mean its not remastered or anything.

What's with all the Twin Snakes hate? It's clearly an improvement on the original in my eyes, even if they could have done a lot more with it. Yes the cinematics are over the top, but we are talking about Metal Gear Solid here: the series is hardly a bastion of sombre realism.

What's with all the Twin Snakes hate? It's clearly an improvement on the original in my eyes, even if they could have done a lot more with it. Yes the cinematics are over the top, but we are talking about Metal Gear Solid here: the series is hardly a bastion of sombre realism.

Yeah plus moaning at MGS:TS cutscreens which were developed in-house at Konami. :hmm:

Twin Snakes on cube was the first MGS game i had played. Had me hooked! So much so i ended up getting a PS2 so i could play MGS 2 & 3. So looking forward to the fourth!

Fair enough guys, but I still have to maintain that I didn't like the Twin Snakes much. Reasons being-

1. Dancey electronic music instead of orchstral score is a personal huge distaste. 2. Snake backflips over a missile. I felt the cutscenes undermined the style and everything I love about the other games' cutscenes. I mean, snake fights the ninja like he has the same Matrixy abilities as him, I think that's seriously lame. 3. Re-recorded voice cast, Naomi or Mei Ling sound very different arg!

And as a remake with the MGS 2 gameplay mechanics, some of the level design no longer works too well. But that's not a huge deal.

I'm surprised that Konami did the cut scenes! Maybe it was a different team to those who made the other MGS games though?

Just found this, blimey! -

'Kitamura created many of the games cinematics to look identical to those in the original Metal Gear Solid, but upon inspection Hideo Kojima had him redo them.'

Maybe Hideo was drunk.

I never really played the original MGS, but I thought Twin Snakes was pretty good. It was also my first MGS game.

2. Snake backflips over a missile. I felt the cutscenes undermined the style and everything I love about the other games' cutscenes. I mean, snake fights the ninja like he has the same Matrixy abilities as him, I think that's seriously lame.

I actually agree with this. Whilst it doesn't really piss me off, it's a bit stupid. In the cutscenes they really made it look as if Snake's superhuman. He's not superhuman, he's just damn good at his job, and it should have stayed like that.

What do you lot think of the limited Edition PS3 which accompanies MGS4?

first-look-japanese-mgs4-packaging-20080320101108937_640w.jpg

What is it? A Toad Bronze? :p

Ebay for a tenner.

The MGS Trilogy re-release in the US is just on standard PSOne and PS2 discs meaning we cant play it over here. Would it have been so hard to release it on blu instead? Im mean its not remastered or anything.

I think they did it that way as it's primarilly a PS2 compilation, they may still release it in EU who knows? Right now though I'm really glad I decided to get a NTSC PS3. :smile:

Twin Snakes on cube was the first MGS game i had played. Had me hooked! So much so i ended up getting a PS2 so i could play MGS 2 & 3. So looking forward to the fourth!

Thats exactly the same for me! Twin Snakes was my first MGS game and after that, bought a second hand PS2 to play MGS2 and 3...I loved MGS3...sooo awesome!

Dunno if I'll play the MGS4 though...just bought a 360 about a week ago, and I doubt I'll get a PS3 any time soon. :heh:

Ebay for a tenner.

Yeah I really wish they would release them on a Bluray...

Ah the laughing man, good times... I really need to get 2nd GIG now and that SAC movie as well..

Been trying to convince my pops that a PS3 would be ideal for our new living room. He ain't buying it :( Probably knows that I would just spend all day playing this.

How much do you guys reckon the limited edition version will be? Not sure it's worth paying more than £10 for those extras.

Probably will be like other Special editions with a small amount of stuff. I'm guessing probably up to £20 more. It's not like it's got a helmet or a duffel bag.

The metal case isn't for the game is it? I hate having games/dvds/cds in weird boxes (especially dvd boxsets in hard) that don't match the rest of the collection in shape. It just annoys me (OCD perhaps...).

Does anyone else have the regular version Metal Gear 2 without the clear case, instruction manual manga, and making of DVD? I reckon my non limited edition version is actually very rare! I got it in official bundle pack with my PS2.

Metal Gear Online Screens

The multiplayer beta test for Metal Gear Online will begin in late April and will be open to those who pre-order the game in North America, a beta is also planned for Europe.

1333_0007.jpg

1333_0006.jpg

1333_0009.jpg

1333_0015.jpg

1333_0010.jpg

More here.