NEurope
Caris

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Well the old Metal Gear thread is long gone so i thought it's time for a fresh start.

21804266378b7609c013ozo0.png

June 12th Simultaneous Worldwide Release

mini-mgs4_eur_packshot_no_rating.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (commonly abbreviated to MGS4) is the forthcoming game in the popular Metal Gear series. Directed by Hideo Kojima, Shuyo Murata and Yoji Shinkawa, Guns of the Patriots is currently being developed by Kojima Productions exclusively[2] for the PlayStation 3 video game console. The game is being designed around the motto, "No Place to Hide!" As with previous iterations in the series, MGS4 will reportedly be the last Metal Gear Solid game developed by Hideo Kojima, and the last game in the series starring Solid Snake.

TGS 07 Trailer [sD]

TGS 07 Trailer [HD]

LIQUID! Brother! Its not over, not yet! THIS IS THE LIBERTY WE'VE WON FOR OURSELVES! Outer Haven....

This

Will

Be

Epic

Might I suggest reading the first post again...

:blank:

This game looks good.

Might I suggest reading the first post again...

:blank:

This game looks good.

.......its been a long day.......

Apparently much like the opening twist (of having to play as Raiden) in MGS2; the Middle East section is only a small opening portion of the game, in which, shock-horror!, Snake dies and you take control of a different character throughout the other locations.

Talk about spoilers...

I didn't know that.

Edit: I don't think thats true actually cause in the trailers you see Snake in a none middle east environment.

Sorry I forgot to mention that was pure speculation. It was just an article I found on GamesRadar, here it is, it's an interesting read:

After MGS2's shock opening - getting rid of Snake, drafting in Raiden - anything goes for MGS4. We already know that it'll be taking place over multiple locations, but expect the first middle-east environment to end with some eye-opening conclusions, just like the shipwreck in MGS2's opening section.

We're expecting Dr. Naomi Hunter - seen in the 'copter that Liquid Ocelot escapes from during the E3 trailer - to play some part in this. We don't really know which side she's on, but we do know she took revenge on Snake for fatally wounding her brother, Frank Jaeger, by injecting him with the FoxDie virus in MGS - which could result in Snake's death at any time. Perhaps she believes that death hasn't come soon enough. Which leads us to...

Old Snake will kark it within the first hour of play...

Yep, he's a dead man. Either by following through with the suicide attempt at the end of the first trailer - following a failed mission to kill Ocelot - or by Naomi perhaps triggering or affecting his FoxDie infection, or simply through extreme old age. But whatever happens, we're sure the end of the first chapter leaves Snake on a slab.

...and he'll be replaced by Young Snake

As in, the youthful Snake who gets bird-droppings on his lovely camo suit in the XX trailer. Is he a resurrection of Big Boss? Or has Old Snake succeeded in reversing his super-aging issue? Well, we reckon it's neither. Instead, it's something far more interesting.

First, we know Vamp is back, along with his 'immortal' cellular make up. What we see happening is Old Snake kicking the bucket, before being reincarnated through the use of Vamp's blood or tissue, and the rejuvenated Young Snake taking up the mission to stop Ocelot's world-threatening plans.

You'll play as more than one character

Three, in fact. That's Old Snake, for the first chapter, and Young Snake for the rest of the game. Except, that is, for the second part immediately after Old Snake dies during the middle-east op. Because that's when you'll play as... Raiden!

We see it working out like this. After Old Snake dies, the Foxhound team (led by Meryl) take his body and leave the middle-east. When, as heard in an early trailer, Raiden says "It's my turn to protect you," he's actually talking to Snake's cooling corpse.

Of course, this is Raiden in super-ninja form, so it'll be an all-action episode. You'll travel to South America - in pursuit of Vamp - and leap and bound through some exhilerating conflict with the mooing Gekko Gears. Raiden will finally 'kill' Vamp, though being mortally wounded in the process.

Vamp's body, through tissue grafting (like Liquid's arm on Ocelot) or simple blood transfusion, will revive Snake's dead one. Young Snake will then take on the mission.

You know I was never that impressed by the gameplay in MGS, I mean it's good, but not excellent.

But my fucking lord am I looking forward to this.

Oh God, I want this so much.

There's no chance I'm gonna have the money in time and wouldn't get it then anyway; June 12th is right in the middle of my GCSEs.

So, does one reckon we Europeans will be getting the White PS3/Dual Shock 3 by the time of the release of this game?

Oh God, I want this so much.

There's no chance I'm gonna have the money in time and wouldn't get it then anyway; June 12th is right in the middle of my GCSEs.

Same here mate....right in the middle of my A levels!!

This is the ONLY reason why I want a PS3....just saw the English 15min gameplay vid on gametrailers and it looks too good! :shakehead

So, does one reckon we Europeans will be getting the White PS3/Dual Shock 3 by the time of the release of this game?

My local (which mainly retails in the North East but can be found in Aberdeen and Berwick) has been selling Dualshock 3s.

This is 95% of the reason I bought a PS3 over a 360.

What if it's a big let down though? Twilight Princess couldn't live up to Ocarina. Godfather 3 anyone? Am I being too pessimistic? I suppose the Metal Gear games have gotten better each time (Yes I think 2 was better than 1 :D).

Metal Gear is my favourite series of all time EVER.

There is going to be a demo of the game and the souce is on Gamespot UK Podcast and this game wont be the final Metal Gear Solid becuse its Snaks last game and a new charater well be in MGS5

This European got his white Dual Shock 3 last week! :heh:

I want to play this game so much, but I don't know if I want to fork out £300 for a PS3 to play it. Especially considering I rate backwards compatibility high on my list of wants, because my PS2 plays up. ;_;

Where did he get it from and its not out yet is it.

Where did he get it from and its not out yet is it.

£35 including delivery off e-bay. I wanted a second controller and the standard non-DS3 ones are £35 here so I just thought I might as well import a nice white rumbly one.

£35 including delivery off e-bay. I wanted a second controller and the standard non-DS3 ones are £35 here so I just thought I might as well import a nice white rumbly one.

I just going to get it from the shop when they come out.

A white dual shock with a black console?...:/ I dunnoooo...

A white dual shock with a black console?...:/ I dunnoooo...

I love it being white and the console black...its like the controller is special in some way; not the usual controller riff-raff! :heh:

Anyway its better because the white controller matches my 2 360 controllers and my 2 Wii controllers...if anything, the normal black PS3 controller is the dodgy misfit.