NEurope
MoogleViper

What bands/artists do you like?

Bloc Party

Coldplay

De La Soul

Doves

Jagged Edge No one is touching these dukes with a bedroom a girl and myself

Kayne West (aint the best lyricist but can still spit knowledge and thats what the hip hop game is missing ...)

The Strokes

The Killers (a solid debut with some whack songs on it but album was cool)

The Magic Numbers (This group got major rhythm and melody)

And a few selected house tracks, yeah i listen to all sorts. :smile:

Jagged Edge No one is touching these dukes with a bedroom a girl and myself

I'm wondering if you can help me. Looking for a Jagged Edge remix of one of their songs. They had a video for it and it's not 'Let's Get Married'

Jermaine Dupri was all in this video also.

Too, too many to bother to list. My top 10 at the moment though are...

Beastie Boys

The Beatles

Black Sabbath

The Clash

The Eagles

Foo Fighters

Jimi Hendrix

John Lennon

U2

The White Stripes

hmm mundane lists that noone will read? OK!

Right now, Brand New are on repeat in my head. I gave these guys a 2nd chance a few months back when i discovered that five of my closest friends all loved them AND so did my girlfriend... And boy, am I glad I did. Most people will know the track Sic Transit Gloria but everyone should check out their tracks I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light, The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot (a nice sad song) and finally Ok I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't, which is an awesome parody of the very music everyone says the band plays. To be honest, I think it's worth listening to most of their Deja Entendu album for the lyrics alone.

The Used vintage stylee, Jimmy Eat World with the albums Clarity and Bleed American pwning up.

Heard a band called LCD SoundSystem last night and saw a couple of videos.. they seem pretty damn cool.

That'll do. GO!

hip hop artists for me:

immortal technique

jin

mos def

talib kweli

These artists prob my fave, i like others like Planet Asia, Pumpkinhead, AZ, etc but not as much as those listed above

I'm wondering if you can help me. Looking for a Jagged Edge remix of one of their songs. They had a video for it and it's not 'Let's Get Married'

Jermaine Dupri was all in this video also.

Hmmm i need a little more hints mate, like was it slow uptempo? any words atall would be a big help.

hip hop artists for me:

mos def

talib kweli

Technique is ill as well mos def and kweli are both dope but there second albums (the new danger, beautiful struggle) are not better than their first realeses (black on both sides and quality), if you like their style check out a group called little brother with an album called the ministrel show im sure you will like it for me its one of my top albums of 2005.

Blink 182

Kaiser cheifs (who's t-shirt i am wearing from a concert i went to last month)

Maximo Park

Foo Fighters

Funeral For A Friend

White stripes

Iron Maiden

Kings of Leon

Razorlight

Gorillaz

Coldplay

Franz Ferdinand

The Darkness

Queens of the stone agge.

I like a lot of bands its hard to name them all but those are my favourites

Hmmm i need a little more hints mate, like was it slow uptempo? any words atall would be a big help.

It's uptempo, that's all I got.

Tried to post some links so people could listen to the artists i'm feelin' darn site keeps on crashing.

Technique is ill as well mos def and kweli are both dope but there second albums (the new danger, beautiful struggle) are not better than their first realeses (black on both sides and quality), if you like their style check out a group called little brother with an album called the ministrel show im sure you will like it for me its one of my top albums of 2005.

yea i got it, cant remember it much though, only listened through it twice i think, better listen to it again lol

1349, Abyssic Hate, Bathory, Behemoth, Burzum, Carpathian Forest, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Immortal, Judas Iscariot, Keep Of Kalessin, Marduk, Mayhem, Satyricon, Xasthur

Good good. Nice to see you've started to explore the genre. I assume you're going to see Gorgoroth & 1349 on the 30th then?

My favourite bands currently are as follows:

Beherit (Gritty, droning Black Metal),

Burzum (The finest Black Metal ever created),

Death (Incredible Progressive Thrash/Death Metal),

Devil Doll (Unparalled Orchestral Rock with Speed Metal influences),

Sigh (Their early works are Black Metal with heavy East Asian influences whereas their newer material is more Progressive Thrash),

Master's Hammer (Unique sounding Czech Black Metal),

The Chasm (Death/Thrash Metal with Aztechian influences),

Xasthur (Nihilistic USBM),

Mütiilation (The best of the Les Legiones Noire Black Metal scene),

Moonblood (Darkthrone influenced German Black Metal)

and Sarcofago (Early Brazilian Black/Thrash Metal).

Tendo returns.

I was wanting to go, but satans hollow's website is under reconstruction and I know nothing about the place. Took me ages to find their site too :-/

People are still questioning whether they'll play there. The thought that they'd fill two 350 person venues is questionable. You should play it safe and come down to The Underworld. Everyone over at BMUK is meeting up there under a big Norse flag, should be fun.

RAWK (Emo Rock Pop)

Womeniser (Thrash Slip Metal)

Bearsteiner (Dark Thrash Metal)

Tunderwood (Slip On a Jonny Rock)

People are still questioning whether they'll play there. The thought that they'd fill two 350 person venues is questionable. You should play it safe and come down to The Underworld. Everyone over at BMUK is meeting up there under a big Norse flag, should be fun.

If only I could get down there :P

Yeah but I wouldn't trust myself not to get lost/miss train/get on wrong train/something.

hmm... tickets for manchester are on ticketline, monday night, what time do these thigns finish? :P I could try my hardest to drag jon-neo along, but he works now :-/

Ok, my final question :P Satans Hollow is a club right, selling booze and stuff, so they let under 18's in?

Otherwise I want to go now, even if things look bleak at this late stage :P

Noodleman, I see you happen to like some power metal, most noteably in the form of Yngwie "fucking" Malmsteen, I'd advise you to check out Tony Macalpine and Jason Becker, two guitarists who both put Malmsteen to shame.

Ok, my final question :P Satans Hollow is a club right, selling booze and stuff, so they let under 18's in?

Otherwise I want to go now, even if things look bleak at this late stage :P

I don't know the venue, sorry. I'd assume you'd only get ID checked if you go to the bar.

Noodleman, I see you happen to like some power metal, most noteably in the form of Yngwie "fucking" Malmsteen, I'd advise you to check out Tony Macalpine and Jason Becker, two guitarists who both put Malmsteen to shame.

Tut, no one can shame Malmsteen. He's just too sweet.

I like:

Kaiser Chiefs

Arctic Monkeys

The Prodigy

Chemical Brothers

Mylo

Eminem

Faithless

Gorillaz

The Streets

I'm afraid this post is a respite from Metal, so you lot might want to skip on down.

Recently I've been listening to a lot of Sigur Rós — props to Indigo for the recommendation. I'd say 'Takk...' is their most easily appreciated album, although personally I think 'Von' is great in an eclectic/perverse kind of way.

Speaking of eclectic, I imagine most of you are acquainted with the varied delights of Gorillaz. So that's all I'll say bout them.

I find Frou Frou/Imogen Heap constantly listenable. Ironically, Let Go just doesn't; it's fresh and familar at the same time. Shh is another favourite of mine.

If you're in to Trip-Hop, you should definately give Lamb a look. They've split up now, but there's still four albums left in their wake, not to mention a maelstrom of remixes. As I've mentioned before, I love Gorecki, a track from their debut album. But you can't really go wrong as far as I'm concerned.

On a similar note, Massive Attack is a classic. For some reason I'm not really in to much of 'Protection', but I enjoy the other albums, including the OST for the film 'Unleashed'.

This of course brings me to Portishead who are apparently in the process of making their much-belated third album. I'd say they were an acquired taste, or at least they were for me. Repeated listenings are the key, in my opinion.

And now, as if to suggest I was working in alphabetical order, we have Zero 7, crafters of fantastic background music: serene, unobtrusive, yet doesn't crack under the pressure of a concentrated ear. I believe their third album is also in the early stages of development.

I'm not really that much of a music buff, so those are the only bands I care to mention.