NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
James

Distances Required to play Revo

Nobody thought about the fact when IGN/Gamespot were told they had to stand on a red X to get the best out of the Revolution controller. I have a prety large bedroom but play my games on the edge of my bed, and I dont what to have to sit in the middle of the bed to swing a controller around as its uncomfortable. and some people only have bedrooms that are large enough to fit a single bed and a TV and games console in so where are they going to play?

i think it should be fine,even if you only have a bed you can still swing it,might be sa,e radius as WaveBird

That’s a very good point, but I’m sure Nintendo will have made it so it’s playable in even very small rooms. Especially given the kind of space most people have in Japan!

The technology still needs to be perfected. And perhaps you have to programme in a position before yo can play games, so Nintendo just chose to make that position a red X.

Hell, my bedroom is titchy, what will I do????

EDIT: It is the lenght of a bed and twice as wide. But I have a bunk bed so there is mor space.

Guys, don't forget.. this isn't the finished product.

It's probably still rough around the edges.

Give it some time, I'm sure when it comes out you'll be able to sit/stand anywhere in your room and play perfectly.

i think it will have a better radiance than wavebird,im sure nintendo have thought about this and thinking of fixing it

Hell, my bedroom is titchy, what will I do????

EDIT: It is the lenght of a bed and twice as wide. But I have a bunk bed so there is mor space.

but the door would take up about half a bed's space, from opening... I assume it opens into the hall, not your room?

anyway, still a tiny room, I feel for you.

I use a fairly small area of my room for gaming, thinking bout it now, I may have to spend a few £1000 to make that area bigger :/

Haha Triple C, My room's kinda the same. I've got a high up bed n that and a couple of beanbags under to sit on to play games/watch TV. You can only just comfortably fit 4 people in to play the Cube at the mo!!

There will be a senosr inside the revolution; it is here

nintendoat164596l.jpg

in an ign interview duirng E3(i'll dig out the link) they asked nintendo what it was, Nintendo replied 'In there is the actual revolution'.

Plus (taken from C&VG) Firstly, the controller is Bluetooth-enabled and interacts with a sensor bar on the Revolution, thus dispelling the quickly emerging rumours that the system might not be compatible with all televisions. The sensor bar is placed near to the television, allowing the console to calculate your distance and angle of interaction with the display. As long as you're within 15 feet of the sensor bar, it'll perform perfectly, while those of your with square eyes can sit or stand as close as 18 inches away

I wouldn't totally trust C&VG, they don't rank high on my solid facts rating. but the general info sounds ok.

But tbh, I think it is pretty obvious thanks to the 'in there is the revolution' and the fact that the revolution requires sensors...bingo-that is the sensor...

But tbh, I think it is pretty obvious thanks to the 'in there is the revolution' and the fact that the revolution requires sensors...bingo-that is the sensor...

for some reason I remember the thats the revolution thing being said to Spong or some similar site, and people discrediting it for that reason. but yes, it would make sense for the bar to be there.

the sensors sit either side of the TV, there some pics floating around somewhere...

Watch the trailer, the only thing in it is the revolution. no sensors on the screen...

Watch the trailer, the only thing in it is the revolution. no sensors on the screen...

Pssst, they're not really playing on a Revolution in the trailer and, if they were, the only shot showing the system is from a different angle with the system posed to show off.

Pssst, they're not really playing on a Revolution in the trailer and, if they were, the only shot showing the system is from a different angle with the system posed to show off.

lol, yeah. I think it makes sense for the sensor bar to be in the revolution, simply because

otherwise it would be another battery sucking facility (imagine the controller stops working and you have to check controller AND receiver batteries) or there would be at least one more wire to power the receiver.

the receiver would also need to transmit data to the revolution, either introducing another wire, or using a wireless connection. still, it seems easier to me to have the receiver in the revolution unit itself.

There will be a senosr inside the revolution; it is here

nintendoat164596l.jpg

in an ign interview duirng E3(i'll dig out the link) they asked nintendo what it was, Nintendo replied 'In there is the actual revolution'.

Plus (taken from C&VG) Firstly, the controller is Bluetooth-enabled and interacts with a sensor bar on the Revolution, thus dispelling the quickly emerging rumours that the system might not be compatible with all televisions. The sensor bar is placed near to the television, allowing the console to calculate your distance and angle of interaction with the display. As long as you're within 15 feet of the sensor bar, it'll perform perfectly, while those of your with square eyes can sit or stand as close as 18 inches away

The port on the front is actually for flash memory. It's not a sensor.

Aiy, tis what I thought also. I don't there will be a problem with it working in any sized room, I'm sure Nintendo have all bases covered! (blind fanboyism, but... meh :bah: )

Have you got a source for this?

Aiy, tis what I thought also. I don't there will be a problem with it working in any sized room, I'm sure Nintendo have all bases covered! (blind fanboyism, but... meh :bah: )

well, a range of 15 feet is plenty, and minimum range of 1.5 feet is also fine. you just move the sensor bar I imagine. but yes, I'm sure nintendo will think about such possible issues, knowing the range of bedroom shapes and sizes available.

Well, we know the positional sensor is placed around/beside/infront of the TV set and is separate from the Revolution base unit, just read the articles over on IGn and it talks about it. In fact, it states amongst all the articles that it hasn't been shown yet because the design is still in early prototype, nothing like a finished product which a company would be willing to show unlike the almost complete controller.

Sign in to follow this