NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

PSU

Ok I think I need to upgrade my PSU so that I can install my 9600GT. What power supply do you think I should get? I don't want to spend loads of money.

I found this one. What do you think?

My 9600GT says:

-Minimum 400W (12V current rating of 26A)

-Minimum 580W (12V current rating of 40A)

Nothing under £40 is a pretty good rule of thumb, stuff over that is generally fine

Did you buy the Dell PC from that last thread then? I can recommend you get one with 80+ rating. It's some ecoblabla rating, but it usually means effort was made to improve the efficiency of the PSU, and therefore it was designed with care. Any expensive PSU would do I though, I guess.

I had a ebuyer value PSU in my old computer and never had a problem over the years i used it. I only got that as it was all i could afford, so i guess if you can get better go for it.

I had a ebuyer value PSU in my old computer and never had a problem over the years i used it. I only got that as it was all i could afford, so i guess if you can get better go for it.

Yeah, my friend said the same. Then one day his PSU exploded and he lost all the parts in his computer.

Yeah, my friend said the same. Then one day his PSU exploded and he lost all the parts in his computer.

Totally couldn't agree more. We had a factory manufactured computer back in the day. It was getting old and the psu must have broken down. The smoke poured outta the thing! Every single part of the PC took damage in some form. I mean it makes sense after all. A power supply is connected to every piece of your pc.

Its definitely a part i would spend a larger sum of money on.

I advised the second one on moogle's above post. The Hiper 580w type M. I've got the older gen Type R (580w) in my 2 systems and they are awesome. I've never had a problem with either.

PSU's, Motherboards and Hard Drives you should buy good brands for IMO.

Sign in to follow this