old_gregg

Vote Conservative

Who should be the next Conservative leader  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Conservative leader

• David Cammoran
    • David Davis

Don't really like either of them!

I'd probably say David Davis; he has more experience and he looks like someone people would take a bit more seriously in the role! So my vote goes to him!

Whoever's the most 'extreme' and might actually change things.

Has anyone noticed that the Tories aren't actually very conservative?!

David Cameron seems like the choice to make the conservatives 'hip' again. Davis is just an Ian Duncan Smith clone, so I would like to see Cameron leader, just to make it interesting.

...not that I care or anything

David Cameron seems like the choice to make the conservatives 'hip' again.

I wasn't aware the Conservatives were hip in the first place. Hip replacement operation, perhaps.

I've been out of the country too long to remember which is the cool drug taking one.

Him though.

I've been out of the country too long to remember which is the cool drug taking one.

Him though.

That'll be Cameron.

Apperently he's into his S&M too, which makes him alright in my books.

A few months back I interviewed David Cameron for a documentary I made for college (his profile was a lot lower at the time and he is my local Conservative representative) and ironically enough the conversation was about drugs. He told me a member of his family (he wasn't any more specific) had been through drug problems, which has since been made public anyway.

Anyway, he struck me as a decent bloke, but I was wary of the underlying fact that he is still a Conservative and as such will never be getting an vote of mine.

I wasn't aware the Conservatives were hip in the first place. Hip replacement operation, perhaps.

They weren't. They thought they were though.

well it looks like this poll has already got as many votes as the last general election

i vote to have them both put into death camps and shot at dawn.

WOW. you like them then?

agreed :heh: i think soag should be pm then we'd have nothin to worry about :D

WOW. you like them then?

yes, i masturbate over their pics every day

agreed i think soag should be pm then we'd have nothin to worry about

That girl knows what shes talking about.

Yeah, damn them for wanting to be politicians! AGH!

. . . .

Yeah, damn them for wanting to be politicians! AGH!

. . . .

they could at least be politicians for a good party....

.... wait there is no good partys :p

They're both ****s, but Davis is slightly more ridiculous and pragmatic and wank.

cameron, and i will be voting conservative. new labour needs to realise they can't keep on treating us like idiots and actually realise that they're a left-wing party. i know my logic sounds stupid but it makes sense in my head :hehe:

cameron, and i will be voting conservative. new labour needs to realise they can't keep on treating us like idiots and actually realise that they're a left-wing party. i know my logic sounds stupid but it makes sense in my head

I think Labour (with Gordon Brown) will walk over the Conservatives in the next election.

Gordon Brown has been chancellor of the exchequer for so long now, he knows exactly how the running of the country works, has so much experience; and where people are getting fed up of Tony Blairs smugness, with Gordon Brown you have someone who people will really respect because you can see in him someone who will be very committed and know exactly what he's doing!

David Cameron is too young, has very little experience, people are already scepticle of his past (and it will only get worse), and they are none of the qualities you want in a Priminister! The Conservatives are just trying to play the young Tony Blair card, but that's not what people want again.

I think David Davis is therefor a better conservative choice, but he's nothing special.

Labour have the perfect candidate with Gordon Brown!

I sincerely doubt that Brown will be as "perfect" as everyone seems to think. He's already made it clear that he plans to fulfill much of Blair's vision, so those expecting a complete shift in the direction of the party under Brown need to think again. You could argue that he's hardly been the best of chancellors either, having been lucky to inherit an economy in 1997 which was not only already in great shape, but steadily growing.

He certainly won't have any easy time anyway, given the state with which the government seem to be spiralling into at the moment.

Sign in to follow this