NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

LittleBigPlanet_logo2.png

little_big_planet1.jpg

LittleBigPlanet. You know its going to rock your world. Eurogamer have a first impression up! This game can't come soon enough.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93853

The first impression just make me even more excited! :heh:

Here is an old video:

The music is goddamn catchy!

UPDATES

Developer: Media Molecule (and you)

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

Platform: PS3

Players: 1-4

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en_GB/

2wlrdpf.jpg

We will mantain a directory of creators and share information with you.

Format will go like this:

N-Europe username - PSN username - Main levels

Choze - Tegg - Little Big Mountain, FireStarter(series), Mirror's Edge : Escape

Daft - Daft- Daft Punk - Make Love, Climb or Ski?, SackCube: Into Hyperspace

please note down your details and they will also be added.

All beta published levels will be available.

Misc info:

Manual: http://fp.scea.com/Content/games/BCU...ual/manual.pdf

Covent Gardens has Little Big Planet event going on currently. Includes workshops and artists events.

Proposition Pluto is also a campaign to help Pluto become recognised as a planet once again.

http://www.propositionpluto.com/index.html

Thank you Choze for getting this going. : peace:

The music is

...'Get It Together' from The Go! Team. Just so you know.

The rumoured Beta was one of the reasons for me buying a PS3 relatively early. It didn't materialise last July, but hopefully it can't be too far off now...

This is one of the few reasons I might actually buy a PS3 in the future. VERY few.

...'Get It Together' from The Go! Team. Just so you know.

I:heart:U

I'm curious to see if this game can truly be driven by the community.

I:heart:U

yeah it will be interesting...also will there be enough well created levels in amongest the likely pile of shite that a 2 year old could have made.

I may be getting a PS3 and this is the ONLY game I truly want for it!!! And it'll probably be worth it :)

Download only game or retail?

The final game will be a retail BR release, but there will almost certainly be some kind of trial/Beta prior to that so that the community features can be properly tested and content available on release day.

I don't see why not. Granted not everyone will make things, but the creation aspect is the game's main pull for me. Besides, you need only look at various modding communities to see that there is a lot of talent out there, and LBP makes it far more feasible for a single person to make levels, objects, costumes, or even gateway worlds to their favourite levels.

Sounds like Billy Hatcher music...

Really wish I had a Ps3 purely for this game. So creative!

Im unimpressed at the moment, it looks extremely gimmicky and looks like it would get boring really quickly.

Would be awesome if Im wrong though, I hope I am as it looks like it could be a lot of fun too. (And thus hopefully worth a purchase)

http://kotaku.com/370254/littlebigplanet-nears-alpha

Basically this means all the cool stuff we said will be in there should be playable, even if it isn't pretty enough to release. The game seems to change every day at the moment and it is very exciting to be able to sit down and play what feels more and more like a complete experience.

I would love to QA this.

Awesome video on G4:

http://www.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/27098/Exclusive_Hands_On_LittleBigPlanet.html

Also a hands on at Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=195107

Also there is a new video up on PSN, you can watch here:

http://threespeech.com/blog/2008/07/new-from-e3-little-big-planet-video/

“Check out the latest LittleBigPlanet trailer and see the some of the dangers that could await the unwary. Fire, spikes and mechanical snakes are just a few of the traps that you might have to dodge when playing LittleBigPlanet, but we are sure that you can find some new ways to challenge all of the Sackboys out there, so start planning! By the way, this level was made by Naomi Summerscale, one of our video editors, in less than a day. It’s good, isn’t it?”

October can't come soon enough.

sackboy01.jpg

Other than the stuff you can do, create levels, customisation etc...

Can someone explain to me how the game works... I take it there'll be a single player campaign? where you play through levels the designers have made, it is primarily a 2D platformer? is there a story?

Other than the stuff you can do, create levels, customisation etc...

Can someone explain to me how the game works... I take it there'll be a single player campaign? where you play through levels the designers have made, it is primarily a 2D platformer? is there a story?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/19/littlebigplanet-story-mode-private-level-sharing-ps-eye-use-a/

There's "a whole heap" of levels that come with the game. "They are strung together in the form of a story," said Healey. "A very loose story, but incredibly funny at certain points."

You can make private levels and give keys to friends. In terms of riskier, user-made content, Healey said there is a post-grievance system involving sending screenshots to the powers that be. He declined further on what that might mean for the sure-fire controversial level, LittleBigPenis.

Sackboy plushies confirmed! Said SCEA PR Brandon, "It's on the way. Details will be emerging shortly."

PlayStation Eye support confirmed. "For example," said Heley, "you can wear a cardboard box and put a sticker of yourself there. And presto, you have a little creepy version of yourself walking around in the game. So yes, you can absolutely do that."

The objectives with levels also vary from simple A to B platforming, objective based levels (like collecting items) to other mini game style modes.

There is a story, but I'd imagine it will be very tongue-in-cheek and parody lots of games and movies. There will be puzzles and bosses, though, so it isn't just jumping around.

There doesn't seem to be that much information available on the singleplayer game, but apparently everything you see in it was created using the same tools that we, the players, will have available to us. Looking at it that way the story mode, whilst no doubt fun in its own right, is almost a tutorial for those wishing to make things as it demonstrates some of the cool things you can do.

Personally I can't wait to get creating, and even if you'd rather just play other people's work I'm sure there will be some truly astounding levels and toys out there for you to download.

This game has been around for ages... and my anticipation had started to wain abit but now its almost here and now more and more features are appearing I simply cannot wait for this..

Lip-sync voice chat is the COOLEST thing. I can't wait to mess around with that. I wouldn't be surprise to see lots of funny film parodies on YouTube.

The first thing I am going to do with Sackboy is turn him into Wall-E. Making him the ultimate in cuteness. :D

Then I can make weird Wall-E noises over chat.

And then I'm going to make a Wind Waker Link sackboy. Right proportions and everything.

Love this pic:

lbpinterview2.jpg

Lip-sync voice chat is the COOLEST thing. I can't wait to mess around with that. I wouldn't be surprise to see lots of funny film parodies on YouTube.

The first thing I am going to do with Sackboy is turn him into Wall-E. Making him the ultimate in cuteness. :D

Then I can make weird Wall-E noises over chat.

And then I'm going to make a Wind Waker Link sackboy. Right proportions and everything.

Love this pic:

lbpinterview2.jpg

yeah I love that pic as well....Listened to 1up Yours before and they talked about how you can every single item have a a different noises and how you can effectively make a level a rythm action game...

EDIT;

Just had to post this vid as well of a boss battle;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36988.html

This is the game I'm most looking forward to all year, well...behind Wii Music (!)

Ingenious way of doing Sonys Press conference too - Nintendo-esque some would say

This is the game I'm most looking forward to all year, well...behind Wii Music (!)

Ingenious way of doing Sonys Press conference too - Nintendo-esque some would say

Can you imagine how huge a mario level editor game would be?!

Can you imagine how huge a mario level editor game would be?!
Making Mario levels in LBP would be awesome.

The new trailer I posted ^^ is very "The princess is in a different castle"!

I'm not sure about how appealing this game is to me. Do you control 1 character at a time or in the trailers is that a whole team you move? Making your own stuff looks fidly so If I bought it I'd probably only do 1 player. Another thing is - the physics look good but how difficult is the game actually gonna be?

Why are you guys hyped for this? - enlighten me!

I'm in the same boat as dwarf gourami on this. Maybe its coz i just haven't looked into this properly yet but i don't really understand what is going on...