NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

so is it out in the shops now? I thought it wasnt out yet? I may have to try tomorrow and just keep swapping the mag if there aren't any in them...guess the magazine is in a bag so theres no way of knowing if it is in there..

From the OPM review:

So anyone planning their 'wobbling forest of knobs' opus should probably have a rethink

The first level i will now make.....

On this matter is it easy and nicely intergrated to get your friends levels?

Very, its all so well presented and feels easy as cake to navigate. You can also heart stuff and easily refer to them as well as see what your friends list is doing.

My sisters really enjoy the game too. They also want to get into the creation side and have some great ideas! Thinking about it I think LBP will be really successful because of that. Creating something in LBP doesnt take much effort. Certainly not like creating videos and music. You have all the tools you need and its easy so that anyone can use them without huge training or expensive equipment! The community so far has been fantastic. People are great online! :smile:

Hang on, are you betas getting to play pretty much the full game? That would really spoil it for me tbh by the time it came out.

Very, its all so well presented and feels easy as cake to navigate. You can also heart stuff and easily refer to them as well as see what your friends list is doing.

My sisters really enjoy the game too. They also want to get into the creation side and have some great ideas! Thinking about it I think LBP will be really successful because of that. Creating something in LBP doesnt take much effort. Certainly not like creating videos and music. You have all the tools you need and its easy so that anyone can use them without huge training or expensive equipment! The community so far has been fantastic. People are great online! :smile:

Sounds awesome and just what I was hoping for. My girlfriend loves the sackboy character so hope the game is to her tastes as well...

just went to a couple of shops near me no copies of the mag here...if anyone gets more than 1 code I'd like to put my name in the hat for one incase I don't get a copy with a code...

Hang on, are you betas getting to play pretty much the full game? That would really spoil it for me tbh by the time it came out.

Although the create mode seems pretty complete a lot of decorations and stickers and objects are probably missing. You can also only play 4 levels from the story mode, of which there should be around 50. They also mentioned this is an old build so some features like 5 star ranking of uploaded levels aren't there. I don't think this will spoil the full game.

Its very limited content wise. The actual game will have alot more. This is why most levels are focused on game mechanics rather than presentation so far. In the review you can see alot fo materials and items not in the beta.

Going to make a quick N-Europe stage :heh:

Let me know if you want some features and I'll tray and put them in!

Give me suggestions.

Its very limited content wise. The actual game will have alot more. This is why most levels are focused on game mechanics rather than presentation so far. In the review you can see alot fo materials and items not in the beta.

Going to make a quick N-Europe stage :heh:

Let me know if you want some features and I'll tray and put them in!

Give me suggestions.

I think an awesome thing to do would be self referential sections for the PS3 owners on the boards...

Yeah i can see people flooding their work.

My second level is nearly ready. This one is challenging but the rewards are well worth it with some great items (e.g 1 unlock is a rocket spike you can use for dangerous platform elements) and lots of space usage. Its much longer than my first too but i made sure its interesting to look at.

Yeah i can see people flooding their work.

My second level is nearly ready. This one is challenging but the rewards are well worth it with some great items (e.g 1 unlock is a rocket spike you can use for dangerous platform elements) and lots of space usage. Its much longer than my first too but i made sure its interesting to look at.

i look forward to checking out your levels on day one...

i look forward to checking out your levels on day one...

Not unless you get the beta. The levels are non transferable.

Reading that review made me cream myself. Just a couple of things I'd like to know - Can you add sound effects or music to levels?

Can you make explosions (can you make a big block, hold it together with something, and then when you hit it it explodes?)

Can you transfer pictures from PC to PS3 via memory stick and use them in levels?

If you made a platform like a cube that you can step in, can you make it move like a lift and set it to go on a certain track of your choice?

How do you suspend platforms in the air without having to hold them up with string or whatever (say you wanted a cloud-like thing that stays in the air)?

LittleBigQuestions - if there is a yes or good explanation to all of these the game will get immense kudos from me.

Not unless you get the beta. The levels are non transferable.

Oh did their plan for the public beta forming the content for day one fall by the way side...

Reading that review made me cream myself. Just a couple of things I'd like to know - Can you add sound effects or music to levels?

Can you make explosions (can you make a big block, hold it together with something, and then when you hit it it explodes?)

Can you transfer pictures from PC to PS3 via memory stick and use them in levels?

If you made a platform like a cube that you can step in, can you make it move like a lift and set it to go on a certain track of your choice?

How do you suspend platforms in the air without having to hold them up with string or whatever (say you wanted a cloud-like thing that stays in the air)?

LittleBigQuestions - if there is a yes or good explanation to all of these the game will get immense kudos from me.

Ok so I will answer your questions as best as I can havn't played the beta though.

1. Yes you can put music to your levels from what I understand though it doesn't include custom soundtracks as it already incorporates a licensed soundtrack that they want to see used... I could be wrong on that one. You can create sound effects and apply them to different items etc... so that item has the property to make that sound, I guess you work these together to make songs.

2. Yes you can make explosions not sure how it can be customized though.

3. From what I understand any picture etc... can be transferred and applied to a surface as a sticker.

4. You can give each item a property if that was to move up when its interacted with (ie stood) then it would do so.

5. Not sure on this one, perhaps there is a property setting that affects the weight and gravity influence on an object?

Can you add sound effects or music to levels?

Yes, but you can't import your own — there would be too many licensing issues, I imagine. The game will feature a range of licensed tracks, but more interesting is the original music made for the game as it's 'interactive'. So for instance you can mute/quieten the melody or drums, and then when the player went somewhere else — say high up amongst some clouds or the like — you could have a string section kick in and the bass drop out. Think of the way Banjo-Kazooie's music adapted based on your location and you get the idea. Oh, and you can apply sound effects to any object and have it activated by different conditions — when the player gets within a certain proximity, when they touch it, when the object is destroyed, etcetera — and there's a fair amount to choose from. You can only alter the pitch at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded upon that further down the line.

There are special explosive objects, although to be honest I haven't played with those much myself. You can definitely do as you described, though.

Nope. Or if you can it's news to me. I believe it was assumed you would be able to do this, but as far as I'm aware the only way to import your own images is by using the PSEye. Presumably this is due to copyright/content concerns.

You can certainly do this, but it's perhaps more physical than you're expecting. As in you'll set up a pulley system or the like that activates when you stand on a switch/enter the cube, you can't make the platform move on its own. Or if you really wanted you could simply strap a rocket to the bottom.

One of the materials you can make shapes with is Dark Matter, and its purpose is to stay where you put it, unfixed. You could either make the platforms out of the stuff directly, or use it as a bracket to hang or affix your clouds to.

Nope. Or if you can it's news to me. I believe it was assumed you would be able to do this, but as far as I'm aware the only way to import your own images is by using the PSEye. Presumably this is due to copyright/content concerns.

They mentioned they could patch this feature in if it was requested enough and I hope they will do this.

Aww that was the one I really wanted to see. Using your own MS paint pictures or photographs would be the thing for me. Not a make or break factor for me buying it but I'd really like to see it. REALLY like to.

They mentioned they could patch this feature in if it was requested enough and I hope they will do this.

Well surely people will request it plenty...

Went to a few shops today see if I could see a copy the OPM none around. Guess have to wait till tomorrow when its actually out...probably will buy it from WHSmiths a more reputable magazine seller than just a normal newsagents, as they are more likely to be forthcoming to let me swap it if my copy doesn't have a Kratos code.

As long as I can make a wobbly knob forest level I will be happy.

Think I've been there. :heh:

I swear there were pictures in that, or was it just an PS Eye?

Thing is, how did Sony get to have PS3 stickers in their presentation? Is that just a one-off thing?