NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

Autosport.com has seen the telemetry data of Alonso's exit from the first corner, and it shows that the Spaniard was flat on the throttle from the exit, did not touch the brake and gained speed in a totally predictable manner.

Symonds, who is Renault's executive director of engineering, said that Alonso had done nothing to contribute to the accident.

But Lewis Hamilton is already the worlds greatest racing driver how could it have been his fault. James Allen is probably unconsoulable at the moment.

Yes. The Spanish one I believe.

PS. Tenner says Alonso replaces Raikkonnen next year.

Great performance by Alonso.

Whats happening with McLaren?

Oh and also if anyone wants to join the F1 fantasy league at itv.co.uk/f1 the league pin is-8000729.

I thought racing rules are similar to road rules, if you go into the back of someone it's your fault and not the persons in front.

Out of morbid curosity, I decide to see how F1 is presented in other countries. I started with Japan.

:blank:

Out of morbid curosity, I decide to see how F1 is presented in other countries. I started with Japan.

:blank:

LOL, Awesome! Cheers gaggle, great little feature!

Never would have guessed F1 would have it's own anime intro in Japan, they don't half choose some random drivers to feature in them aswell!

LOL, Awesome! Cheers gaggle, great little feature!

Never would have guessed F1 would have it's own anime intro in Japan, they don't half choose some random drivers to feature in them aswell!

That's what I thought at first, though when you look at it, what you've got are the most likely contenders in 07, plus all the leading Toyota and Honda drivers, who are both to the Japanese as Ferrari is to the Italians (incidentally, I hope Super Aguri pull through). Hamilton looks especially camp too. No idea what the 08 one is all about though, it looks like an intro for a Japanese arcade beat-em-up. I love their passion for the sport though.

Found another one, a typical 2006 intro -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGSzX780PVk

It's like a really intense episode of Evangelion or something.

Yeah, though for the '08 one they whack Piquet and Rosberg in there, with no showing of Trulli or Davidson, but still.

Yeah shame about Super Aguri, and wierd news this week about the team them being barred from entering the paddock!? Sucks for them having to use the '07 Honda this year and would be a shame if they were lost from F1.

I wonder how that's going down with fans in Japan? Apparently they're barred until Honda say they can come in, which is going to cause arguments. I hope Honda accepts the offer from the Weigl Group.

Come to think of it, Massa doesn't seem to get any mention in the intros. What's that about?

Come to think of it, Massa doesn't seem to get any mention in the intros. What's that about?
lol, yeah it's wierd!

Well Super Aguri are sadly no more:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=42514

Super Aguri pulls out of F1

Super Aguri has pulled out of Formula 1 with immediate effect, leaving Takuma Sato and Anthony Davidson without drives.

The team's future had been in doubt since a proposed buyout deal with the Magma Group and Dubai International Capital fell through following the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Aguri Suzuki's squad raced in Spain with assistance from Honda and hoped that a rescue package from German automotive firm Weigl AG would allow it to stay afloat – but in a statement released this morning, Suzuki confirmed that his team had reached the end of the road.

"In order to realise my dream to become an owner of a Formula 1 team, I applied for a grid position in the FIA Formula 1 world championship in November 2005," Suzuki said.

"Since then, I have participated in the championship for two years and four months as the Super Aguri F1 team, but regretfully I must inform you that the team will be ceasing its racing activities as of today."

Super Aguri's problems started when a major sponsor defaulted last season.

In addition to making up for that shortfall, the team also had to find significantly larger resources for the future, as so-called 'customer car' deals such as its relationship with Honda are set to be outlawed.

"The breach of contract by the promised partner SS United Oil & Gas Company resulted in the loss of financial backing and immediately put the team into financial difficulties," Suzuki said.

"Also, the change in direction of the environment surrounding the team, in terms of the use of customer chassis, has affected our ability to find partners.

"Meanwhile, with the help of Honda, we have somehow managed to keep the team going, but we find it difficult to establish a way to continue the activities in the future within the environment surrounding F1 and, as a result, I have concluded to withdraw from the championship.

"I would like to express my deepest thanks to Honda; Bridgestone; the sponsors; all the people who have given us advice during various situations over the past couple of years; all the team staff who have kept their motivation high and always done their best; Anthony Davidson, who has always pushed to the limit despite the very difficult conditions; Takuma Sato, who has been with us from the very start and has always fought hard and led the team; and lastly our fans from all over the world, who have loyally supported the Super Aguri F1 team.”

Super Aguri was originally formed with Honda assistance in late 2005 when the Japanese company needed to find a new drive for its hugely popular protege Sato.

After a frantic race against time, the team took to the grid with a modified 2002 Arrows chassis and Honda V8 power in 2006, and made steady progress through the year.

Last season it used a version of the 2006 Honda to score its first points finishes, but its financial situation began to affect its form by the end of the season.

As Super Aguri sat out much of winter testing, there were doubts over whether it would race at all in 2008.

The promise of the Magma deal got the team onto the grid for the first few rounds, but once this fell through, its days were numbered, with Honda sceptical about the strength of the latest Weigl bid.

The writing was on the wall was Super Aguri's trucks and motorhome were refused access to the Istanbul paddock this weekend after Honda reportedly informed Formula One Management that the team would not be racing in Turkey.

Can't say I'm that much of a fan of customer cars and am quite pleased the ban on them is moving forward, but I think it's quite incredible that Super Aguri have struggled to gain backing from an investor to keep itself going into the future.

I would have thought there would be plenty of interest out there from different businesses and organistations looking to invest in an F1 team, but obviously not!

It's a real shame!

and I also hope Antony Davidson finds himself some sort of drive soon!

This is a real shame, but I don't think they will be easily forgotten by the fans. I hope both Davidson and Sato are able to get a drive of some kind somewhere.

Rumours are flying that Sony have ditched the F1 license, leaving EA, Ubi and Codemasters competing for a new contract.

Sony have been putting out the official Formula 1 racing games for years now. But if rumours at TG Daily are to be believed, they've turned down an offer to renew the partnership, after a disagreement with the sport's governing body over costs. According to TG Daily, Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone asked Sony for a "hefty increase" to the estimated $75 million deal they agreed to for the 2003-2007 seasons. Sony won't pay, and have walked away from the deal, leaving EA, Ubisoft and Codemasters to fight it out. Can't really blame Sony for this: F1 games have always had a dedicated, hardcore following, but the games have more often than not been a bit shit, and have never translated into the kind of sales Sony would expect from a sport so popular across many parts of the world.

Finally, perhaps we'll get a 360 F1 game eventually, and that EA or Codemasters can do the license fair justice.

I'm hoping Codemasters get it, I'm not a huge fan of racing games but I loved DIRT.

Rumours are flying that Sony have ditched the F1 license, leaving EA, Ubi and Codemasters competing for a new contract.

Finally, perhaps we'll get a 360 F1 game eventually, and that EA or Codemasters can do the license fair justice.

Thank god for that, multiplatform F1!! Though Ubisoft can sod off!

On another note, just grabbed myself one of these:

15232_1.jpg

As a Kimi fan through and through, thought I should get his cap this year, what with it having the No.1 on the side!

I'm hoping Codemasters get it, I'm not a huge fan of racing games but I loved DIRT.

I agree, Codemasters have a good pedigree in fun and accessible racing games that are still faithful to their source material. (DIRT didn't grab me, but only because I had grown too accustomed to previous McRae instalments.)

The Turkish Grand Prix airs this weekend. I hope qualifying is as great as the Spanish one, even Ferrari couldn't separate themselves from the other teams. I believe is was half a second gap between first and 12th wasn't it?

Also the man I support Rubens Barrichello will have a record breaking Formula 1 career when competing. I hope he can get some points.

Man, I've grown up with Rubens. Top man, a long and very deserved career.

I have too and think it's a shame he didn't get a single point last season, his only non-point scoring season I believe throughout his long career.