NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

Apparently the radio this morning reported Richard Hammond may be presenting, which would certainly explain why he isn't doing any more Top Gear.

I had a strange feeling he might be involved!

I'm not sure yet if he's the right choice, but then it depends who else is in the new BBC team I suppose. Hammond has done a few F1 features on Top Gear before [driving the F1 Renault at Silverstone, and the indoor F1 speed record], so the interest in the sport is obviously there!

REALLY hope they retain Martin Brundle [his F1 car features and Grid Walk make the build-up show] and Mark Blundell also makes a good co-host.

I'd imagine a few ex-drivers e.g. Hill, Mansell etc... will be involved aswell.

I hope the BBC have been listening and they don't deliver us a third season of...

'The Lewis and Anthony Hamilton Show'

Apparently the radio this morning reported Richard Hammond may be presenting, which would certainly explain why he isn't doing any more Top Gear.

I had a strange feeling he might be involved!

I'm not sure yet if he's the right choice, but then it depends who else is in the new BBC team I suppose. Hammond has done a few F1 features on Top Gear before [driving the F1 Renault at Silverstone, and the indoor F1 speed record], so the interest in the sport is obviously there!

REALLY hope they retain Martin Brundle [his F1 car features and Grid Walk make the build-up show] and Mark Blundell also makes a good co-host.

I'd imagine a few ex-drivers e.g. Hill, Mansell etc... will be involved aswell.

I hope the BBC have been listening and they don't deliver us a third season of...

'The Lewis and Anthony Hamilton Show'

_42805713_hamilton1.jpg

Hammond would be great for presenting it. Better than bloody Steve Ryder anyway. What's this about him not doing anymore Top Gear though? I never heard anything about that.

Better than bloody Steve Ryder anyway.

What's this about him not doing anymore Top Gear though? I never heard anything about that.

Agreed!!

It had been reported that Hammond was going to leave the show, don't know if it was ever confirmed though. Certainly 9 months of the year following F1 round the globe wouldn't leave much time for Top Gear filming, but who knows.

BBC interview with Bernie:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7308514.stm

:heart::bowdown: HD F1 :bowdown::heart:

Interestingly there's talk of cross-promotion with Top Gear in that interview!

Get all the drivers on to do a fastest lap of the track!

Everything's just a rumour until I see it on my TV screen. Richard Hammond isn't even an F1 fan is he?

hammond better not leave top gear :(

if he leaves i want to the the new co presenter :P

Everything's just a rumour until I see it on my TV screen. Richard Hammond isn't even an F1 fan is he?
Clarkson definately is [he's always on about it], but yeah Hammond I'm not sure. Like I said, he's covered a few F1 features on Top Gear so there's probably an interest.

But hey, WTF does Steve Ryder know and he got the job!

Hammonds gotta be better than him, and at least Hammond's extremely clued up on motoring! Plus, that's what an insightful co-presenter [like Blundell] is for.

I think Damon Hill will either be co-presenter or co-commentator on the BBC. Though I'm kinda hoping not, as he's a Hamilton fan-boy!

Anyways.... draw a line under that...

Ferrari seem right on form this weekend in Free Practice! :yay:

Don't see Hammond leaving Top Gear personally, from what I can tell all three presenters absolutely love that job.

Looking forward to this weeks race, hopefully Ferrarri will have a smoother weekend!

As far as I can tell the whole Hammond leaving rumour stems back from last November when he had a doctors apointment or something during filming so they where taking the piss saying it would be his last episode. Somehow this got leaked and was all over the internet. Pretty sure Jezzer said it was all a joke back then.

Don't see Hammond leaving Top Gear personally, from what I can tell all three presenters absolutely love that job.

Looking forward to this weeks race, hopefully Ferrarri will have a smoother weekend!

What time is the race on.

I believe it starts at 7am Sunday morning.

Ok thanks I well wake up and watch it at that time.

I'll be waking up at 5.15am for Saturday Qualifying, just like I woke up at 3.30am for the Aus GP.

I just can't run the risk of not watching the qualifying/race live, and accidentally hearing the result on the Radio/News/Internet or something before the midday repeat!

I'll be waking up at 5.15am for Saturday Qualifying, just like I woke up at 3.30am for the Aus GP.

I just can't run the risk of not watching the qualifying/race live, and accidentally hearing the result on the Radio/News/Internet or something before the midday repeat!

Is the Qualifying still on?

McLaren drivers given 5 place grid penalty, for blocking Heidfeld and Alonso.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66021

[21 seconds onwards]

BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica, who was lapping on the track close to the McLarens, said he felt Alonso was hurt more than Heidfeld by the blocking.

"I saw clearly that Alonso's lap was screwed because of, I think, Kovalainen staying on the racing line," he said. "Nick was a bit more lucky because his incident was before braking, so he could rejoin the good line.

"But Alonso, he had to brake inside and he lost for sure there a lot of time. It was quite dangerous."

snapshot20080322092436ar2.jpg

Revised grid:

1. Massa Ferrari

2. Raikkonen Ferrari

3. Trulli Toyota

4. Kubica BMW Sauber

5. Heidfeld BMW Sauber

6. Webber Red Bull-Renault

7. Alonso Renault

8. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes *

9. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes *

10. Glock Toyota

11. Button Honda

12. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault

13. Piquet Renault

14. Barrichello Honda

15. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari

16. Rosberg Williams-Toyota

17. Fisichella Force India-Ferrari

18. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari

19. Sato Super Aguri-Honda

20. Sutil Force India-Ferrari

21. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda

22. Nakajima Williams-Toyota **

* Penalised for blocking

** Penalised for his crash in Australia

The incident was really dangerous!! Not only were all the cars going to slowly on their in laps, but the McLarens should have been well off the racing line!

It's now Alonso Vs Hamilton!!

It was a great qualifying session! Wonder if we'll get the expected wet race?! And when it rains, it POURS!!

McLaren drivers given 5 place grid penalty, for blocking Heidfeld and Alonso.
Yah, I saw it. It was really dangerous stuff, they had it coming.

So much for that "Oh, Lewis Hamilton never makes mistakes, he is so perfect" crap. Got owned by Kovalainen too.

Anyway, I hope it rains tomorrow. Should be good.

Would I be chancing my arm too much if I were to say that I do occasionally detect the faint, oily wiff of the Tofosi coming frrom this thread?

Would I be chancing my arm too much if I were to say that I do occasionally detect the faint, oily wiff of the Tofosi coming frrom this thread?
I have know idea what you mean?! ::shrug:

ferrariflagcw5.gif

No but seriously, I'm not a Ferrari fan, I go by the driver not the team.

I've supported Kimi for the past 6/7 years, since he started out at McLaren and thus have followed him over to Ferrari.

My allegiance is with the Iceman and always will be!

I don't dislike McLaren in particular, and don't like Ferrari in particular. I tend to go by the driver.

I really like Massa, and kinda like Raikkonen.

I do not like Hamilton and so far have no opinion of Kovalainen.

:indeed:

Pretty boring race tbh. Nothing particularly exciting happened :(

Well done to Raikkonen though.

Haha ITV trying to blame Hamilton plowing into the back of Alonso on Alonso what a bunch of tools.

Wtf how are they blaming Alonso! Hamilton should've just overtaken him; he was going faster and came out of the corner faster too. Hamilton made a mistake, end of.

Yeah Hamilton is having a shocker.

Even if Alonso did brake, so what? Hamilton should have just gone round him. His car is in a right old state. May aswell just retire.

I like Hamilton tho and bit gutted after starting 3rd on the grid his car let him down like that.

It's amazing how everything is Alonso's fault. When I saw the replay I was thinking "hmm, Hamilton just ploughed into him, could have gone round. His fault, can't blame it on Alonso." Then the commentators start going on about how Alonso is to blame!

Good race for Massa though. I like that BMW are becoming a real threat now too.