NEurope
Fruitgun

Fable 2

Did one of those bounty mission yesterday. He said the beetles was in Oakfield so I teleported there and followed the glowing light as usual. When I reached the spot I realized they were in my own house. My first thought was "cool" then a message appeared "following the death of your husband the "insert forgotten word" has taken custody of your child"....I wouldn't have cared if it were anyone of the others, but this was my only kid and he had grown to about ten years old.

Give 5000 to a man standing on top of a hill. He isn't kidding when he says will develop the town. Don't think it will work after you have rescued the second hero so you should do it as soon as possible.

OK so, I've played Fable II a bit (a lot) more, and I like it now. First impressions were bad, and it still has fucking clunky controls, apart from during fights, which are awesome. And the voices still tick me off, I don't need to hear "good head on that one!" every six seconds when doing work behind a bar, and I keep getting a bug where sentences are repeated (happened loads of times during that part where Hammer carries a jug of water).

But, it's enjoyable, and huge, and immersive :) The dog is brilliant and getting people to like you and working on your image is cool. Started a second save and tried being an evil female. Being very evil, whether you're killing everyone you see or just breaking and entering, is not nearly as much fun, as you spend the whole time either being chased, fighting guards or doing community service, which gets hard when you have a big rap. And leads to a lot of scars. Think I'll be sticking with my good-guy save :)

Does anyone know a way to get your dude skinnier? I'm not eating, but I've gotten really buff and I hate the big square jaw! I think it's from upping my strength a lot, but I want to look more like the guy on the front cover... and less like Buzz Lightyear.

I don't think you can do anything about it. I can't get my fat level(it's in the stat section) to go below 0.

The reason why you are getting bigger is because you increase your attack and defense levels.

You should consider yourself lucky with Buzz Lightyear. The female look like Big Bertha.

I'll probably not look so buff...upped my magic quite a lot, particularly the time time slowdown one (easily the best spell there is, since slowed down enemies can do nothing and every hit then lands). I love using ranged weapons too, especially since getting the pistol from getting 1st place on the target practice.

Liking the game a lot so far - going for a good and pure character as that seems to fit best with me.

Wow....I just...dug up a condom....

o.O Seriously? Well I suppose it should be expected in a game that lets you make love to people.

How can a guy with a beer belly also have a six pack?* :wtf:

*No, not a six pack of beer, smart arse!

I've decided, after achievement whoring (got a few more to get) that i shall be going through the game again as a massive evil bad ass.

Did one of those bounty mission yesterday. He said the beetles was in Oakfield so I teleported there and followed the glowing light as usual. When I reached the spot I realized they were in my own house. My first thought was "cool" then a message appeared "following the death of your husband the "insert forgotten word" has taken custody of your child"....I wouldn't have cared if it were anyone of the others, but this was my only kid and he had grown to about ten years old.

same-thing happened to me, but my baby was only a few days old :(

The Gargoyles' voices sound like the voices from Worms, and some of the stuff they say is hilarious.

I now own two caravans and a pie stall, all giving me a steady sorce of income.

I did have a husband and a child, but then I got fed up with them taking loads of my money so I killed them, bu now everyone is scared of me and thinks I'm evil, even though my good/evil bar says I'm nearly as good as possible.

Woohoo! 1000/1000!

I didnt think I would ever get the Doll achievement but the kind lass who was giving away the Viva Pinata viral achievement is giving away this one aswell! Happy days! :)

Woohoo! 1000/1000!

I didnt think I would ever get the Doll achievement but the kind lass who was giving away the Viva Pinata viral achievement is giving away this one aswell! Happy days! :)

Damnit, that looks really hard to get T_T.

o.O Seriously? Well I suppose it should be expected in a game that lets you make love to people.

I think I had heard there were condoms but the fact I dug it up...that's just plain wrong. :heh:

I've decided, after achievement whoring (got a few more to get) that i shall be going through the game again as a massive evil bad ass.

I didn't really find that very much fun. You get caught doing everything and just end up fighting an eternal onslaught of guards. It's so much messier than being good. IMO Mass Effect and the KotOR games did the evil side much better.

OK so, I've played Fable II a bit (a lot) more, and I like it now. First impressions were bad, and it still has fucking clunky controls, apart from during fights, which are awesome. And the voices still tick me off, I don't need to hear "good head on that one!" every six seconds when doing work behind a bar, and I keep getting a bug where sentences are repeated (happened loads of times during that part where Hammer carries a jug of water).

But, it's enjoyable, and huge, and immersive :) The dog is brilliant and getting people to like you and working on your image is cool. Started a second save and tried being an evil female. Being very evil, whether you're killing everyone you see or just breaking and entering, is not nearly as much fun, as you spend the whole time either being chased, fighting guards or doing community service, which gets hard when you have a big rap. And leads to a lot of scars. Think I'll be sticking with my good-guy save :)

Does anyone know a way to get your dude skinnier? I'm not eating, but I've gotten really buff and I hate the big square jaw! I think it's from upping my strength a lot, but I want to look more like the guy on the front cover... and less like Buzz Lightyear.

skill points make you leaner in the same way strength makes you chunky. Also, eating celery reduces fat..it might make you thinner, too.

re: being evil. not sure how it works exactly, but is it possible to essentially be incredibly evil without being a homicidal maniac? I'm thinking stuff like luring people out of town, then killing them like a crazy serial killer instead of in the town centre...

So now that people have played it a bit more, would they say there's anything the original did better, or is it 100% improvement on that formula with no sacrifice of any of the original good things?

Damnit, that looks really hard to get T_T.

Just send her a message saying your after the achievement. Her GT is

PATTY0622

She will probably help you out. She spend days on Viva Pinata just sitting in her garden so people could get the achievy off her.

Woohoo! 1000/1000!

Did you get most of the points just by watching other people doing stuff? What's the doll achievement? Can't believe you've got 1000 already :heh: did you even take a break since it was released? I think I've got about 50 points....

So now that people have played it a bit more, would they say there's anything the original did better, or is it 100% improvement on that formula with no sacrifice of any of the original good things?

everything is better. way, way better.

Early game spoiler funny moment that happened last night when I playead.

At the funeral for that first hero chicks dad I started dancing and pointing and laughing when she was crying and the two other monks I swear to god where laughing to and telling me its inapproate and then laughing some more hahaha.

This game rocks

Did you get most of the points just by watching other people doing stuff? What's the doll achievement? Can't believe you've got 1000 already :heh: did you even take a break since it was released? I think I've got about 50 points....

If you check mygamercard.net loads of people had 1000 even before friday

easily the best spell there is, since slowed down enemies can do nothing and every hit then lands

i prefer to kill them all at once using the inferno spell

I think I had heard there were condoms but the fact I dug it up...that's just plain wrong. :heh:

Indeed. So very wrong.

Just send her a message saying your after the achievement. Her GT is

PATTY0622

She will probably help you out. She spend days on Viva Pinata just sitting in her garden so people could get the achievy off her.

I don;t understand the achievements?!?! Why do you give a shit? Especially as you haven't actually achieved it yourself? My brain can't comprehend it....

Yup got them all myself apart from the Doll one as you need lots of other people to get that. Everyone who I have done the achievements for can vouch that I have done them myself as I saved my game just before various tasks needed to be done so others could get them aswell. As I said earlier in the thread, I got this on Thursday and played a few hours and then I was off work on Friday and played it for 14 hours before finishing it off on Saturday morning :)

I don;t understand the achievements?!?! Why do you give a shit? Especially as you haven't actually achieved it yourself? My brain can't comprehend it....

Dont bring that achievement rubbish in here. Its been done to death in the 360 general thread. Fact is some people like them others dont. Nuff said!

Like I said you cant actually earn the Doll one by yourself as you have to trade with many people who have differnet dolls. You randomly get 1 doll in your game and thats the only one who can get. You have to find 4 other people to unlock the achievy. The developers knew this hence them making some of the achievements unlockable when with others who have them.