NEurope
Fruitgun

Fable 2

Oh yeah, I can see the frilly cuffs now :heh: *opinion plummets*

You were the want wanting to know where he got the ''cool-ass jacket'' from. :heh: Tut tut.

you can buy goth dye from the start, its the midnight black dye, or sumthing along those lines

When I said that I couldn't find it, I meant I couldn't find it in any of the shops!!

Maybe I've just brought my economy down so much that they can't afford to bring in any new dyes to any of the towns...

When I said that I couldn't find it, I meant I couldn't find it in any of the shops!!

Maybe I've just brought my economy down so much that they can't afford to bring in any new dyes to any of the towns...

I might give it to you sometime with the Doll Catcher Achievement, which i should be giving to MarshMallow..

I'm back on gold live so if anyone needs anything from me they're welcome to ask/trade, including the Lucien doll - pretty sure I'll have the black dye if you still need it.

I really ought to have beaten this game yesterday, but got distracted quite a bit by The Crucible trying to level up my character a lot.

Currently maxed out the will power, Force Push. Trying to do the same with Shock and Raise Dead as well, should be done today with them two powers.

I'm glad theres a resurrection shrine in the DLC. Finally getting my doggy back

:D

I'm glad theres a resurrection shrine in the DLC. Finally getting my doggy back

dude spoilers :heh: *stealth edit*

For serious? Ressurection? Damn, I should've got a statue built at the end. But... surely that's really killing one of the turning points of the game? I read this really cool blog post about how twisted and clever the ending was - if you chose to be noble it really was a sacrifice because the game suddenly felt so lonely. Take that away and its a simple decision :/

dude spoilers :heh: *stealth edit*

For serious? Ressurection? Damn, I should've got a statue built at the end. But... surely that's really killing one of the turning points of the game? I read this really cool blog post about how twisted and clever the ending was - if you chose to be noble it really was a sacrifice because the game suddenly felt so lonely. Take that away and its a simple decision :/

Its because the dog is VERY much needed in the DLC. Right, I've gotta buy the mansion, go down into the basement and turn male then give a poor person a couple of million get myself super nice again. Question is... will I lose my horns? Or will I always have them?

You lose the horns. It's harder to be good than evil, I think the easiest way to get that achievement would be to fly through the game til you're totally good including lots of money donations at the temple of light, then go sacrifice people at the temple of shadows. I got horns in no time from that....

You lose the horns. It's harder to be good than evil, I think the easiest way to get that achievement would be to fly through the game til you're totally good including lots of money donations at the temple of light, then go sacrifice people at the temple of shadows. I got horns in no time from that....

I already have the achievement, I just don't like being evil looking... Or female.

Btw, the DLC is up. Theres free and paid versions. Free version is the island, some items but no quests. Pay for gives you quests and achievements as well as the free content.

What's the general opinion of the DLC? (if there is one) is it long? worth it? I haven't played the game since I got all the achieveys, just doesn't feel like there's anything worth putting it in for.

What's the general opinion of the DLC? (if there is one) is it long? worth it? I haven't played the game since I got all the achieveys, just doesn't feel like there's anything worth putting it in for.

Gamer's impressions:

It doesn't follow up on the storyline at all, it's entirely seperate.

Basically when you arrive, Knothole Island is in a perpetual winter. The islands weather system is controlled via Totems. You will need to go into 3 seperate dungeons to reclaim the totems and take back control over the weather system. Theres nothing to spoil really, as thats basically the description of the DLC.

It's a basic quest that uses Knothole town (basically a few shops and 3 residential houses) as it's center point while the 3 dungeons are situated within about 20sec jogging distance from Knothole itself. If you took the entire region into account, it's about the size of Oakfield, not including the dungeons. The dungeons on average aren't particularly big, each is about the same size as the Hobbe Caves, with a reliance on floating orb puzzle elements to progress rather than combat. Combat plays a surprisingly small role in the quest.

I personally haven't collected all the books just yet, and in order to get all the special items for the last achievement in the DLC requires more simply fetching items, many of which can't be found on Knothole so you'll end up going back to Albion to purchase those items before returning. I haven't completed this task either but it's not really a quest of sorts, more that you are exchanging regular items you might find in Albion for a special item. That shouldn't take anymore than an hour at most.

Unless you are going for all the achievements the main quest or content in Knothole is rather short, collecting the books or exchanging items for the special items in the Knothole shop seems more like a way to artificially lengthen the DLC.

I don't regret getting it, I did enjoy going through it but there is definitely not a lot to it.

ahh anyone know a safe site to get ms points by digital delivery? ebay doesnt have many... www.gamesbite.com seems alright, and im pretty safe if i use paypal anyway rights?

They are a pretty good site for digital points, you get the points within a few hours or minutes depending on the time.

Currently downloading the DLC as we speak, shall be on it later.

still waiting for my points, cant wait to start this later, got it all ready to go.

what do people think about the DLC?

My 360 is just refusing to download anything, its just sat at like 60 odd percent and i've reset the download a few times.

Urghhhh... I'll leave the thing off background downloading over night and i can hope it gets sorted.

still waiting for my points, cant wait to start this later, got it all ready to go.

what do people think about the DLC?

I'm going on it after i have defeated Lucian and done that trick to get all 3 choice achievements.

Edit: Beat the game, now on Knothole Island. Looks ok so far with all the snow.

ARGH reading this thread is killing me. Where the hell is my game?!!!

I think the postman popped my 'stink-eye' virginity today.

I did pop onto Knothole Island last night for a bit, looks nice with all the snow and all that.

I found doing the first totem temple a tad tricky because, as mentioned in an earlier post about orbs, they do test your reflexes a bit.

Just looking at some of the achievements left to get on here, anyone wishing to give me a hand with 2 of them.

One of them is the Dollcatcher achievement and the other is The Completionist achievement.

Should be alright with the rest. I can provide the achievement "Ruler of Albion" if anyone wants that.