NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Are you using an RGB scart cable with your Wii by any chance?

No. I use component. But I could test an RGB scart if you like as I do have one.

Why? Are there reports of compatability probs?

No. I use component. But I could test an RGB scart if you like as I do have one.

Why? Are there reports of compatability probs?

Yeah there are reports of people who use RGB getting everything in red. I would like to know if this is true, because I use one.

Does a scart adapter you put in the composite cables count as RGB?

No that's still just composite, you have to buy the RGB cable separately.

I like the way NOE have made no effort to get Brawl out sooner. In fact Europe might not even get it until September lolol :o

to 100000% confirm it works to anyone who is still asking :) yes it does, ive played about 6 hours worth today :) and a few game sonline which wernt to bad at all lag wise, havent played any frein matches yet as no one has added me :(?

im still on 3.1e on my wii any confirmation it works on 3.1?

If no-one does then I can confirm it tomorrow since that's the version I have just now.

I think I read somewhere it works with 3.1 though.

ack, i'm just annoying myself now, i decided not to order this and import Brawl until after I come back from holiday in May and see what the European situation is then (assuming we still have no release date before i go away), but i've got this nice amount of money saved up for said holiday that keeps calling me to spend it....but i need it for my holiday...damn......must...stay....strong....and....avoid....temptation :heh:

Got my Freeloader, no games yet... but i've been busy today, so thats cool.

Works = Viewtiful Joe JAP (dodgy FMV's mind, and the boarders are fucked, this may however be due to my TV trying to work out where the picture starts.

Doesn't work = Sonic Heroes JAP Kinda sits there thinking about it, doesn't really do anything, has a wank... dies. Yeah so this doesn't work.

Doesn't work = Sonic Heroes JAP Kinda sits there thinking about it, doesn't really do anything, has a wank... dies. Yeah so this doesn't work.

For the best really. T'is pretty shit.

amazing how many pages this topic has made, i bet datel are raking it in with sales,

When you say not too bad, is it any worse/better than any other wii games you've tried online, if you have? I'll assume from this it takes the region from the disc as well. Maybe that's a reason it's gonna take a while for Europe too, are they likely to have just one european matching server?

I know this does sound like a strange request, but I'm still gonna make it again, can anyone who's having trouble with GC games try and boot a GC freeloader off a Wiiloader, then boot the GC games off that? I was thinking it might be an issue with the wiiloader software or a difference compared to the original GCloader software that might be causing problems. Although, thinking about it, it is still nested inside of the Wiiloader's effects...

EDIT:Also, kudos to Ashley for collating all the useful info, I've done some myself, but probably missed a few bits here and there. I think Places to Buy, Preperation, Procedure/Known Problems, and then a section about GC games and how well they (don't) work is handy.

ShadowV7 if you get it today let me know! I played multiplayer last-night with my bro and it's back at it's best, love it! Can't wait to have a game with you, i reckon your excellent at it! :D

I do keep pressing the jump button instead of the hit button though, which is slightly annoying.

ShadowV7 if you get it today let me know! I played multiplayer last-night with my bro and it's back at it's best, love it! Can't wait to have a game with you, i reckon your excellent at it! :D

I do keep pressing the jump button instead of the hit button though, which is slightly annoying.

It's out with the Courier so i'll be getting it today. I'll PM you once I get it. Really looking forward to versing you!

No idea if i'll get my games today.

I honestly doubt it. My guess is tomorrow or Saturday... or even Monday >_>

It's out with the Courier so i'll be getting it today. I'll PM you once I get it. Really looking forward to versing you!

Ok mate! Great! I'm guessing you'll get it either around 11am or 2pm! See if i'm right! :D

Yeah there are reports of people who use RGB getting everything in red. I would like to know if this is true, because I use one.

What was that now? Hm. Does most people not use RGB-cable? Surely, we would have heard if many had those problems?

Well my Freeloader has been posted. Im hoping it was done so yesterday and thus on route today, meaning I could get it tomorrow or Sat. Only problem is Smash Bros, as I have to make a trip to go get it. And I need to find a nice way to say "yes mom, I am coming to see you...when you have the game I want"

Oh wait it got posted at 6.40am. Im gonna class that as yesterday. Nice to live in denial.