NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

the thought that i could be playing on it in less than 24 hours (dies)

Might seem an entirely crud question, but each time you want to play US/Jap game (NMH in my case), you need to follow the instructions? I'm assuming so, of Freeloader would install in memory...

and the wii needs to be set on 480i or 480p, right?

i've scanned the previous pages, no one seems to have answered.

Here's your answer: Yes & Yes

Awesome! No problems then.

Nope none i just followed what everyone has said and it works fine.

I will refer you to my earlier posts.

If your TV can display 480i 60Hz, or 480p via component, then the TV can recieve NTSC signals. The online thing would be speculation from me but I am sure I have read everything is fine.

Just to clear something up....

Television stations in the US broadcast in 480i 60Hz

Television stations in the UK broadcast in 576i 50Hz

However, recently some stations in both the US nad UK are broadcasting in HD. Sports channels usually 720p, while the Movies usually go in 1080i.

What this means to us trying to play a US game is that we have to match the settings that the game was localized for. Which is either 480p or 480i 60Hz. If your TV does not support these settings Brawl will not work.

HTH

I will refer you to my earlier posts.

HTH

and the fact i'd be using scart won't be a problem?

Like I expected, they tried to deliver my Freeloader today but nobody was in to sign for it. Rather than taking it back to the depot for me to pick up, though, they're going to try to deliver it tomorrow. Hopefully my girlfriend will be in to sign for it then.

Right so far my tracking has been the same for over 24 hours now. I really hope somthing get's changed during the night or I won't be a happy bunny :(

I'm sure it will, but some idea when I can expect it with no one in the house would do -.-

and the fact i'd be using scart won't be a problem?

Not if your TV can display 480i 60Hz. Most modern TV's are capable of this.

I hope the imports are on the hundreds of thousands. Its Nintendo's turn to get fucked over.

The Freeloader does indeed work! I got mine this morning with Smash (ordered it on sunday night from an ebay seller- 45quid for both!). Don't know if anyone's said this already, but here's what you do to get it working:

- Insert the FL disc

- Eject

- Insert a second time and eject

- Then load Smash Brawl

- Download the update as prompted

- Switch the Wii off and on again

- FL disc again (just the once this time)

- Now you're ready to play SSBB!!!

Initially I only did the FL once and, although it seemed to recognise the game, I got nothing but a black screen when I tried to start. Was really worried at first, esp having to download the update. Afterall, no telling what those updates might do!

For some reason the Wii seems to have trouble ejecting the Smash disc unless its powered down.. but apart from that everything works 'fine and dandy':yay:

So do you get double channels from the update?

Na, No dupe channels or firmware version change apparently

Na, No dupe channels or firmware version change apparently

Awesome!

I really hope my Smash arrives for the weekend, if not then at least I have Fire Emblem to play :)

So do you get double channels from the update?

No. I didn't even know that was a rumour. Like I say, everything works great.

Oh and Smash is heaven:heart:

If mine doesnt arrive tomorrow...by Lucifer's Beard...I shall go mad and vengence shall be mine

Fear not brothers. You shall have it soon enough! Think of what it would be like having to wait for NE to get their act together..:indeed:

Anyone on the fence about this should just do it. I hear Datel promise updates to counter the updates too.. so all is looking good.

[That's *if* NE are intent on causing problems, which they may not be.. I guess it depends how needessly bitter and anal they're feeling]

*shakes angry fist*

If mine doesnt arrive tomorrow...by Lucifer's Beard...I shall go mad and vengence shall be mine

You guys thinking what i'm thinking?

I'll get the ninja gear...

Fear not brothers. You shall have it soon enough! Think of what it would be like having to wait for NE to get their act together..:indeed:

Anyone on the fence about this should just do it. I hear Datel promise updates to counter the updates too.. so all is looking good.

[That's *if* NE are intent on causing problems, which they may not be.. I guess it depends how needessly bitter and anal they're feeling]

Are you using an RGB scart cable with your Wii by any chance?